Is Henoc Muamba pi**ing away his football career?

Is it because of his stupid agent, or the stupid contract Poop signed him to, or both, that no one has taken a flyer on him to play this year? I know he's now supposedly waiting on NFL opportunities, but in reality, his best chance to make money consistently as a ratio breaking LB is in Canada. Too bad easy NFL money has become more important to the kid, I liked his attitude when he was here, it's changed it seems. Oh well time for another tour ...

Edited by IC Khari

I think his agent is screwing him. Definitely doesn't have Henoc's best interests in mind. I mean, the guy could easily carve out a respectable CFL career. Play for 10 years or so, make a couple million along the way. Instead in seems like his agent is banking on the big payday that quite frankly, I don't ever see coming. 

Edited by ediger

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Who cares about Henoc Muamba - he's dead to me, to be honest

Exactly. The guy isn't a Bomber anymore & he really rubbed teams & fans the wrong way last season with his so called tour. If he never plays again, I wouldn't care.

Just now, iso_55 said:

What are they asking? Do you have an inside scoop?

I don't, but one would think it would at least be comparable to his Als contract. That and the fact he's going back to the NFL route, indicates to me it's more than what CFL teams are willing to pay ...

Muamba, scheduled to earn $230,000 in 2016, was owed another bonus payment of $23,000 in April followed by an additional $23,000 when he reported to training camp at the end of May — provided he passed his physical. That’s a total of $106,000 he would have received before playing a game for a team working with a $5.1-million salary cap.

Could care less about Henoc...He gave us the finger on his last royal rental tour and that was enough for me...After the way the club treated him (more than fair as far as I'm concerned)and he wouldn't even give us the time of day and signs with Poop and the poutine boys....See ya ..have a nice career somewhere else Henoc.

Just to clarify, I could care less about Henoc as well :P, just thought his case was interesting, and just another IMO of someone blowing their career path by listening to the wrong person (agent in this case). It will be interesting to see what happens with St. John in Sask. (as I hear he has the same agent as Henoc). I assume he will sign.   

Edited by IC Khari

1 minute ago, IC Khari said:

Just to clarify, I could care less about Henoc as well :), just thought his case was interesting, and just another IMO of someone blowing their career path by listening to the wrong person (agent in this case).   

Totally agree. I have no use for him either. Mind blowing that someone would rather not get paid at all and sit at home. One thing that is a shame is its nice to see the good players playing in the league, and not have this BS going on.

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Muamba, scheduled to earn $230,000 in 2016, was owed another bonus payment of $23,000 in April followed by an additional $23,000 when he reported to training camp at the end of May — provided he passed his physical. That’s a total of $106,000 he would have received before playing a game for a team working with a $5.1-million salary cap.

Once released, contract is null & void. If CFL teams offer him less money that's what he gets.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just to clarify, I COULDN'T care less about Henoc...because I don't care at all. Apparently a lot of you still really care about him...

I care about the league and I'm concerned that more and more good Nationals don't "Henoc" themselves out of a good CFL career. 

4 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Once released, contract is null & void. If CFL teams offer him less money that's what he gets.

Totally true. I only posted that so people could get a idea of what he was making, and likely more or less what he may be looking for. When he is ready to play for 175k he will get a shot somewhere likely. I just hope it isn't in green

5 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

I care about the league and I'm concerned that more and more good Nationals don't "Henoc" themselves out of a good CFL career. 

Current situation with a certain same agent and a certain 1st overall draft pick has a few concerned.

Just now, johnzo said:

Would love to have Henoc back. All players are mercenaries, no use in pretending otherwise.

I know nothing about agenting or managing a football team, but I wonder if he's waiting to be a midseason desperation signing.

Shhhh ... don't mention that here ;)

Edited by IC Khari