Bilukidi to Skins

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Likely means we don't see Bilukidi for another year.

This is the NFL's equivalent of the professional tryout contracts in the NHL.  It doesn't mean very much.

If I were to read anything into it, I'd guess that Washington thinks their DL will be a position of uncertainty this offseason and want to make sure they have something in the bank at the moment, but will be working to upgrade this thru additional tryouts, free agency and the draft.  Bilukidi is the first in, he'll probably also be the first out once the OTA's start.  He's probably found a home until at least April, for whatever that's worth.

It does show where his head is at though.  He'll keep taking table scraps down south over coming to the CFL.  So yeah, he might prefer to be unemployed for the entire year just to have a shot at an NFL job over playing for the Bombers in 2016.

15 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

It's to the point of who cares? Instead of some fans here desperately hoping for a guy to come here who may never show, why don't we just concentrate on the players that do?

At the risk of stating the obvious: it's the players who are right on the verge of making the NFL who make the most impact up here.  The Henoc Muamba's & Doug Brown's of the world.

Again, he may never play here so why dwell on it? Bilukudi certainly hasn't burnt it up in the NFL. Like I said, I just care about the guys we recruit & want to come here. Let Bilukudi play out his NFL dreams down there for all I care. The guy must be approaching his late 20's by now. His playing window is running out. If he wants to keep chasing shadows well that's his decision as it is his career. Thing is, Bilukudi could come up here, probably start & make a very good living. As well as be much more appreciated than he is now in the NFL. It's not the millions he could make down there but great financially nonetheless. At some point he may have to make that choice.

Edited by iso_55

50 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Again, he may never play here so why dwell on it? Bilukudi certainly hasn't burnt it up in the NFL. Like I said, I just care about the guys we recruit & want to come here. Let Bilukudi play out his NFL dreams down there for all I care. The guy must be approaching his late 20's by now. His playing window is running out. If he wants to keep chasing shadows well that's his decision as it is his career. Thing is, Bilukudi could come up here, probably start & make a very good living. As well as be much more appreciated than he is now in the NFL. It's not the millions he could make down there but great financially nonetheless. At some point he may have to make that choice.

And when he does.. Many will be eagerly waiting for him to ply his trade here and not pooh pooh it.

SPuDs, it comes down to this. I don't care about Bilukudi until he puts on the Bomber helmet & uniform as a player. We may never see him here. Then if he comes here he may or may not be an impact player. Lots of hype on this board for a player who hasn't played a down in the CFL & limited If any NFL regular season action.  If & when he gets here then I'll care. simple as that. I'm not pooh pooing (your words not mine) him at all. It's his career choice to stay down south trying to make it in the NFL. I don't hate the guy. I don't like the guy. I really don't care. I just don't get people talking about the guy for 3 years now.

Edited by iso_55

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

SPuDs, it comes down to this. I don't care about Bilukudi until he puts on the Bomber helmet & uniform as a player. We may never see him here. Then if he comes here he may or may not be an impact player. Lots of hype on this board for a player who hasn't played a down in the CFL & limited If any NFL regular season action.  If & when he gets here then I'll care. simple as that. I'm not pooh pooing (your words not mine) him at all. It's his career choice to stay down south trying to make it in the NFL. I don't hate the guy. I don't like the guy. I really don't care. I just don't get people talking about the guy for 3 years now.

If you don't care why are you posting so much in this thread?  The topic title is clear. If you don't care don't read. 

It is the off season. He is Bomber property. People are going to talk. 

Never understand the encouragement of not talking about something like this on a message board. This is why the message board is here. 

If you don't care move along to a topic you do care about. Let those who do care talk about it in peace. 

People seem to think this is a direct insult to the Bombers. Why begrudge someone the opportunity to heat steak instead of feasting on hamburger? How is he any different than Westerman was, or Greenwood in Toronto. Call it chasing the dream if you like the reality is it is chasing a pay check and a greater element of financial security. As Iso says until he steps on the field with a Bomber helmet why even worry about it? More power to him.

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

People seem to think this is a direct insult to the Bombers. Why begrudge someone the opportunity to heat steak instead of feasting on hamburger? How is he any different than Westerman was, or Greenwood in Toronto. Call it chasing the dream if you like the reality is it is chasing a pay check and a greater element of financial security. As Iso says until he steps on the field with a Bomber helmet why even worry about it? More power to him.

I agree with this .. to a point.

While I've said all along that I don't expect either Bilukidi or Mulumba to be in Blue and Gold anytime soon (and had zero expectation we would seem them this year), I am interested in keeping tabs on both players because they are assets which could be used to better this club (whether we choose to retain their rights, trade them etc).  

6 hours ago, iso_55 said:

So stop participating in the thread then, it's pretty simple. Nobody is dwelling on anything. We're discussing things. On a discussion forum.

3 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

You can heat steak, and I will heat cake.   Heveryone ave a nice day. 

No one really talked about the guy unless in passing just to mention where he was before, this is the first offseason there's really been much talk about him maybe finding his way up here, there's a good reason for it. He has almost used up all the NFL opportunities so it's more likely he does come. You don't like the talk then ignore it but no one is pencilling him in, just hoping he does come because he has the potential to help the team. Nothing wrong with that. I quite frankly enjoy hearing the thoughts about NFL movements from people who know more about that league than I do. 

15 hours ago, iso_55 said:

It's to the point of who cares? Instead of some fans here desperately hoping for a guy to come here who may never show, why don't we just concentrate on the players that do?

I'm concentrating on the players we have.  Concentrating super hard.  Nothing's happening!!  What is the intended result of this concentration?!?  It's not working dammit!!!