Bilukidi to Skins

I am about focusing on the concrete. Wishing and hoping does nothing to enhance and solidify the talent base of this team. We saw the impact of hoping Willy would stay upright for 18 games with no quality back up there as part of a solid plane. Like him or not I am thankful that Nichols has at least been resigned.

On 05/01/2016 at 0:57 PM, Atomic said:

I'm concentrating on the players we have.  Concentrating super hard.  Nothing's happening!!  What is the intended result of this concentration?!?  It's not working dammit!!!

You just have to make sure you are concentrating on the right thing. I just discovered that  I have been concentrating on the Blue Bombers not making the playoffs by mistake. I was squinting with my right eye instead of the left eye. Now that's fixed I am sure my concentrating will make the playoffs a reality. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

only if the return is worth your time, otherwise what's the harm in waiting for the guy to show up?

True.  Consider if Mace hadnt had health issues and we waited for him, we would have had a top d-lineman for a few years rather than nothing at all like we ended up with.  It's an interesting problem that you really can't compare with any other league.  Have to judge whether a guy will ever get cut by the NFL, whether he is a fit for the CFL, and whether he would consider continuing his playing career up here.  Very difficult for a GM to make that decision and judge an "adequate" return.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

They traded from a position of weakness, Taman was an idiot.

Not sure that's even remotely accurate.  Defensive line was one of the strengths of that team and we had Doug Brown and Jon Oosterhuis backing him up, with Donny O in the prospect pipeline.  Criticize Donny O if you want but he's an 8 year CFLer and Doug Brown... Well his career speaks for itself.

Edited by Atomic
factual accuracy

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You think Calgary regrets trading Doug Brown to Winnipeg back in the day? That's what can happen if you trade these guys prematurely and for a poor return. Or maybe it's an idonije type situation where you never see them, but so what? It's an asset that should be managed like any other asset. 

Calgary  drafted both Doug Brown & Ed Philion. Philion & Brown wanted $$$ Wally Buono refused to pay when they became available so Brown went to Winnipeg & Philion to Montreal. Buono didn't trade both prematurely. They didn't want to play in Calgary. In Philion's case he also wanted to play for an Eastern team to be closer to family. These were two separate trades in different years by the way. 

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Not sure that's even remotely accurate.  Defensive line was one of the strengths of that team and we had Doug Brown and Jon Oosterhuis backing him up, with Donny O in the prospect pipeline.  Criticize Donny O if you want but he's an 8 year CFLer and Doug Brown... Well his career speaks for itself.

Was referring to Taman needing a MLB and paying more than he should have for an over the hill one.

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

Was referring to Taman needing a MLB and paying more than he should have for an over the hill one.

At least Moreno played for the Bombers which can't be said about Mace with Hamilton. And it wasn't completely Taman's fault (can't believe I typed those words) - the League was the one who decided we had to throw in a 1st round pick after Tom Canada refused to go and was then discovered to be injured.