2016 FREE AGENTS

Atomic

On 12/23/2015 at 8:12 AM, iso_55 said:

Big middle finger in the face to Chris Jones who probably thought he'd have an inside track on Sewell & Bowman had they remained free agents. if Jones thought he could cut 21 players & just replace them with top CFL free agents well think twice, Chris. Like it's been said, most of the top FA's will be locked up by their teams come Feb 9th. The Stamps signed DT Junior Turner yesterday & CB Joe Burnett today. 

@iso_55, Chris Jones may not be signing these players but neither are we. What worries me is that I don't see Walters outperforming Jones and Murphy. I really wish those two were here rather than in Sask.

7 hours ago, J5V said:

@iso_55, Chris Jones may not be signing these players but neither are we. What worries me is that I don't see Walters outperforming Jones and Murphy. I really wish those two were here rather than in Sask.

Pressure is on Walters, McManus & Goveia to find players & make the playoffs. This season is it. No more excuses or reasons to  fail. If they do fail, they'll be gone as will O'Shea.

I'm not so sure. All it'll take is a few injuries, especially one to Willy, and they'll have their built-in excuse and get a stay of execution. It's hard to escape the fact that it's hard to win without your starting players/QB.

Besides, I get the impression The Board, Miller, Walters, and O'Shea don't much care about winning a championship as much as covering for each other and saving their jobs. This isn't Sask. or Alta. The only way I see that changing is if attendance really drops off sharply and/or advertising dollars stop coming in to IGF. Since we've just hosted a Grey Cup and made a pile of do-re-mi there I don't think that would even do it, not in the short term anyway.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

I'm not so sure. All it'll take is a few injuries, especially one to Willy, and they'll have their built-in excuse and get a stay of execution. It's hard to escape the fact that it's hard to win without your starting players/QB.

Besides, I get the impression The Board, Miller, Walters, and O'Shea don't much care about winning a championship as much as covering for each other and saving their jobs. This isn't Sask. or Alta. The only way I see that changing is if attendance really drops off sharply and/or advertising dollars stop coming in to IGF. Since we've just hosted a Grey Cup and made a pile of do-re-mi there I don't think that would even do it, not in the short term anyway.

If you don't think they all want to win a championship you should think again, that's why they are all in it in the first place.

I've seen some crazy conspiracy theories in my time but if anyone actually believes for real that the ppl in charge aren't trying their best to win..... 

I dunno what to say anymore. I guess to steal a line from Pink Floyd. ...

Is there anybody in there?? 

On 12/26/2015 at 1:04 AM, Goalie said:

I've seen some crazy conspiracy theories in my time but if anyone actually believes for real that the ppl in charge aren't trying their best to win..... 

I dunno what to say anymore. I guess to steal a line from Pink Floyd. ...

Is there anybody in there??

"Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream"

On 12/25/2015 at 10:41 AM, J5V said:

How is anyone outperforming anyone right now. There are no available free agents right now, it is just GM's extending their own players before they hit free agency. This seems like you fabricating something to complain about since there is nothing really to complain about right now. Sorry to say but SWING AND A MISS.

Really hoping some of our needs are filled with some of the potential FA's

If we could land one of Ted Laurent or Brian Bulcke from Hammy or Capiciotti as a consolation...there's a real good start.  Then there's our weak wr core that really needs a game breaker go to type guy (we'll have to rely on our u.s. scouts for that one...) & maybe a cdn veteran wr. (should be a few available come February).  I have no faith that Richards will pan out at this point.   

Laurent and Capicciotti  are names being heard....hmmm those names sound good to me, and if Walters can pick these guys up in fa...BIG thumbs up...I knew we must have had some cash to play with, and it's going to take a few bucks to get into the game on these guys..Kyle has his work cut out for him.

Capicciotti likely does nothing outright for the ratio but he'd give us some real flexibility. They're not going to go exclusively Canadian on the ends though.

add him to a Harris signing and I'd be pleased though. Probably a few American targets out there too. 

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Capicciotti likely does nothing outright for the ratio but he'd give us some real flexibility. They're not going to go exclusively Canadian on the ends though.

add him to a Harris signing and I'd be pleased though. Probably a few American targets out there too. 

How come you don't think they'd start JC opposite Westerman?

20 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

A Plum is an upgrade over Peach. If Peach even makes it into TC it should be a concern about the perceived upgrade of talent.

I expected Peach to be cut after the 2013 season. The fact that he lasted two full seasons after that and is still on the roster tells me all I need to know about the current regime. 

Edited by Blueandgold

On 12/26/2015 at 10:02 AM, blitzmore said:

If you don't think they all want to win a championship you should think again, that's why they are all in it in the first place.

I disagree ... our BOD is an old boys club and football is Perks for them .... they have their own secret agendas