Robert Marve out for season

Mr. Perfect

feel bad for the guy never want to see a result like this but the silver lining is the tandem of Nichols and Willy gives us more Qb stability than we have had in a lonngggggg time

Nichols is a free agent after this season.

But we have a huge advantage in resigning him which i hope walters does

Nichols wants to start. Depending on what happens in Montreal, BC, Ottawa, and maybe even Sask, I could see each of those teams showing interest in Nichols. 

With our O Line and Matt's history I could also see Nichols being out for the season with a knee injury about 17 seconds into the first quarter on Saturday.  

If I'm not mistaken I believe this is the 4th time a Bomber QB has been injured this season on a questionable hit that went un-penalized by the officials.  Twice they have later confessed that they got the call wrong and fined the offending player.  On the Marve hit they used a ridiculous technicality to nullify a dangerous low hit.  The refs. have no clue when it comes to enforcing the "spirit" of the rule, which is to protect QB's from harm. 

Can't recall who it was but last weekend a QB took a helmet to the chin and was checking for missing teeth, while the official looking on did nothing.  With each passing week the games seem to be getting worse as we witness inexperienced 2nd and 3rd string QB's compete at futility.  At some point this epidemic of QB injuries is going to harm the leagues bottom line and maybe then they will take it seriously.

Nichols wants to start. Depending on what happens in Montreal, BC, Ottawa, and maybe even Sask, I could see each of those teams showing interest in Nichols. 

No chance Matt Nichols is a starting CFL QB next year. 

Not saying its a slam dunk or anything, but I disagree with you. I'd say there's definitely a real chance.

If I'm not mistaken I believe this is the 4th time a Bomber QB has been injured this season on a questionable hit that went un-penalized by the officials.  Twice they have later confessed that they got the call wrong and fined the offending player.  On the Marve hit they used a ridiculous technicality to nullify a dangerous low hit.  The refs. have no clue when it comes to enforcing the "spirit" of the rule, which is to protect QB's from harm. 

Can't recall who it was but last weekend a QB took a helmet to the chin and was checking for missing teeth, while the official looking on did nothing.  With each passing week the games seem to be getting worse as we witness inexperienced 2nd and 3rd string QB's compete at futility.  At some point this epidemic of QB injuries is going to harm the leagues bottom line and maybe then they will take it seriously.

Same old CFL...  crow about a bunch of rule changes, tighter reffing and protecting the QBs...  call shitty games for the first quarter of the season with way too many flags and then the league will talk to them about speeding up the games and they just start calling random penalties

They'll get another talking to and revert to 30 flags per game for the last quarter of the season

No chance Matt Nichols is a starting CFL QB next year. 

Not saying its a slam dunk or anything, but I disagree with you. I'd say there's definitely a real chance.

Willy, BLM, Collaros, Ray, Cato, Crompton, Reilly, and Harris are 8 QB's who are unquestionably better than Nichols - then there's other guys like Lulay, Durant, Glenn, Franklin, Brett Smith, Drew Tate and possibly Burris hanging around. That's 15 Quarterbacks I'd take over Nichols - don't see how he gets a starting job even if guys like Durant can't recover and Burris calls it quits.