Robert Marve out for season

Mr. Perfect

At some point this epidemic of QB injuries is going to harm the leagues bottom line and maybe then they will take it seriously.

You could make the argument it already has as both TV numbers and league wide attendance are down this year.

I know I"m losing interest extremely fast. CFL always has been a second rate pro league but it is our league and I support it. But now it's NHL rookie camp - and McDavid - that I'm interested. In fact, I'm far more interested in reading about McDavid's first day at rookie camp - which was just a physical - than I am about anything CFL, including who the QB is going to be. 

As for the officials - I'm still extremely pissed at that moron Al Bradbury who was looking on when Willy took that hit on the chin. There's supposed to be zero tolerance when a QB gets hit in the head, regardless of the circumstance that lead to that hit in the head. No different than when a punter is contacted. Yet it seems to be open season on Bomber QB's especially. Trust me, if I were a dlineman playing against the bombers, I'd have no concern about hitting a bomber QB low, late, or to the head. Why? Because I already know I got a 50/50 chance of getting away with it (or better) and any retribution on my QB will be called immediately. 

Hence why I call this a second rate league - there are clearly bias's when it comes to officiating. 

Now you've done it. Brace yourself for the onslaught of posts about you being a conspiracy theorist and wearing a tinfoil hat. For heaven's sake, there is no bias. It's all in your deluded mind. Next you'll be telling us that the balls were under-inflated ... oh wait ...

At some point this epidemic of QB injuries is going to harm the leagues bottom line and maybe then they will take it seriously.

You could make the argument it already has as both TV numbers and league wide attendance are down this year.

I know I"m losing interest extremely fast. CFL always has been a second rate pro league but it is our league and I support it. But now it's NHL rookie camp - and McDavid - that I'm interested. In fact, I'm far more interested in reading about McDavid's first day at rookie camp - which was just a physical - than I am about anything CFL, including who the QB is going to be. 

As for the officials - I'm still extremely pissed at that moron Al Bradbury who was looking on when Willy took that hit on the chin. There's supposed to be zero tolerance when a QB gets hit in the head, regardless of the circumstance that lead to that hit in the head. No different than when a punter is contacted. Yet it seems to be open season on Bomber QB's especially. Trust me, if I were a dlineman playing against the bombers, I'd have no concern about hitting a bomber QB low, late, or to the head. Why? Because I already know I got a 50/50 chance of getting away with it (or better) and any retribution on my QB will be called immediately. 

Hence why I call this a second rate league - there are clearly bias's when it comes to officiating. 

For a guy who's not interested in the CFL or the Bombers, you sure seem to spend a lot of time talking about them.

Who gives a flying **** about the Oilers? 

Not I! Can't stand them! 

I feel very badly for Robert Marve and wish him a speedy recovery, and I agree that his playing career is likely over. And like Tracker has said, you wonder what his health status will be when he's 40 or 50 years old. Bet he's had a knee replacement by then.

And.......Nichols is a huge upgrade, but time ( if he gets any ) will tell the tale. Are Ottawa and Hamilton the only teams left with an actual #1 QB who's playing?? Oh I guess Calgary has a #1 playing as well. So 6 out of 9 teams in the league have lost their top QB. And yet questionable hits on quarterbacks continue without penalty. The league better get it's act together.

Calgary, Hamilton, and Ottawa have mobile QBs and above average O-Lines.

I feel very badly for Robert Marve and wish him a speedy recovery, and I agree that his playing career is likely over. And like Tracker has said, you wonder what his health status will be when he's 40 or 50 years old. Bet he's had a knee replacement by then.

And.......Nichols is a huge upgrade, but time ( if he gets any ) will tell the tale. Are Ottawa and Hamilton the only teams left with an actual #1 QB who's playing?? Oh I guess Calgary has a #1 playing as well. So 6 out of 9 teams in the league have lost their top QB. And yet questionable hits on quarterbacks continue without penalty. The league better get it's act together.

I wouldn't consider BLM a "mobile" QB. And perhaps a mobile QB makes an OL look better.

I wouldn't consider BLM a "mobile" QB. And perhaps a mobile QB makes an OL look better.

Yeah, but he's kinda shifty in the games I've seen him play in. Maybe he just feels pressure well. Not easy to sack and gets the ball away rather quickly.

Yeah, but he's kinda shifty in the games I've seen him play in. Maybe he just feels pressure well. Not easy to sack and gets the ball away rather quickly.

He's extremely well coached up by Dickenson & Hufnagel.