Dunk: Chevon Walker to sign with Winnipeg

Mike

It's not the one signing i think that is resulting in the "im done" posts, it's the not doing anything at all to fix the actual problems that are resulting in the "im done" thread.

Why hasn't Bellefeuille been fired yet? Why is Brohm still employed? Why are we picking up some retread running back when we don't even use the guys we do have, I mean really.. what are we gonna do? dress 3 running backs and give them what? 10 total carries? It's just a joke, they are doing nothing to get better, that's the problem... I have as much faith in the bombers as anyone but... Honestly, it's at the point where i'm not sure i'd go to a game if someone gave me tickets for free. 

My girlfriend went to the last game with 2 of her friends who have never been to bomber games before... she told me they told her that they would never go to a game ever again, those were potentially new fans but... they said they wouldn't go again.

Those people booing left right and center, they are the ones who the bombers need to convince to buy grey cup tickets... They are hosting the grey cup, not that that really matters but... they are hosting the cup and doing absolutely nothing to actually address the problems. 

Why aren't QB's being brought in? Why is MB still employed, why are guys like Greg Peach and the sorts still on the roster, I don't get it, i really don't.... tickets aren't cheap and we all have TV's at our homes, why would anyone pay 68 bucks for a ticket to watch this crap when they can watch it for free at home. I mean really, they are doing nothing to show the fans that they actually realize there are problems, they are seemingly blind to the issues... that's a problem. This regime came in and people believed, they spoke a good game really but..so far the on field results show that they really have no clue at all. 

All i'd like from them is for them to actually show me that they realize problems do exist, but what i've gotten the last couple days is a whole lot of nothing... That shows me that they either 1. don't care 2. are obvlious to the fact that the team sucks or 3. Are just stupid really

How can you ignore your fan base like this really... it's ridiculous. Yeah this forum and the others, they are the hardcore fans... the ones who might care the most actually and when you see the people who care the most saying "im done", whats it tell you really? 

#BELIEVEINBLUE?  bullcrap... you know what, not gonna speak for everyone here but.. i think lots of us just want them to show us that they are aware of the issues.. it's pretty tough to #believeinblue when they do absolutely nothing to make you believe. 

Walker is a big meh to me, i'm willing to give him a chance... i mean, who really cares. But... it's not really addressing the real issues at all. That's my problem right now.

Bring in Walker, that's fine, i'm not sure how it makes a difference when our OC doesn't even use the RB's we do have but so be it.. 

@BobIrvingCJOB: Bombers sign running back chevon walker.

Is Cam Marshall hurt? I don't get it.

Walker is the Lightning to Marshall's Thunder.

Yes but they're doing it backwards. They like to start with the small fast guy then use the big strong guy later, they should be pounding the big guy early and then when the D is tired burn em with the speed. 

@BobIrvingCJOB: Bombers sign running back chevon walker.

Is Cam Marshall hurt? I don't get it.

Walker is the Lightning to Marshall's Thunder.

Yes but they're doing it backwards. They like to start with the small fast guy then use the big strong guy later, they should be pounding the big guy early and then when the D is tired burn em with the speed. 

Thunder first before Lighting. Crush & Burn. :P

No. But.. really this signing is irrelevant, they don't run the ball anyways. 

I'm betting we'll see more running this next game.

a. it might work

b. passing is hopeless

c. to appease the fans for a while, and create some hope.

On the other hand our hapless offence could inspire hope in the Rider defence. Pretty sure they've got "the film" of our last game.

I'll bet Brohm starts and actually surprises some people. LOL. I can see it happening to be honest, Brohm starts and we actually win. This forum then explodes and who knows what happens... I dunno, but i do get the feeling that Brohm will start and honestly for some dumb reason, I don't think he will be as awful has Marve has been but if we lose and Brohm starts, there will be people asking why Marve didn't play even though he basically has looked terrible the last game a half really. 

I seem to recall Brohm looking passable in his only start last year, but it got de-railed when he too got hurt. I really see Marve as a better change of pace guy so perhaps it makes sense to start with Brohm and if you need to shake it up put in Marve. Given that both qbs have their weaknesses and different styles perhaps it's time for a good old fashioned platoon. 

Have to agree Mike....hard to argue with success..The way things stand now Tilman may get an interview in the off-season...I thought I'd never say that BUT desperation seeks any kind of resolution and it looks like desperation is setting in.

What about Jon Murphy?  Or is that unlikely even with a new regime here under MIller and different members on the BOD.  Would Murphy come back for the right price.

Not that it will matter for this year.  Walters will get another year regardless of how the rest of this season goes.  We all know it.  Miller pretty much confirmed that now on Hustler and Lawless today - Walters will get his 3 years to make the team a competitor...I 'll leave that to all of you to define what a competitor is.

Holly overreaction Batman.  Walker was brought in for depth and for his CFL experience.   If Marshall goes done it will be nice to have at least 1 experienced back. 

You guys  make me laugh, or is it cry.  

if the back is experienced but not good enough is it worth it? I'd rather try a rookie out. That's how we got Marshall. If you keep using retreads you'll never find any good rookies. At this time of year especially you should be bringing in rookies for a look see unless you're planning on going deep in the playoffs and want that veteran insurance policy. 

Holly overreaction Batman. Walker was brought in for depth and for his CFL experience. If Marshall goes done it will be nice to have at least 1 experienced back.

You guys make me laugh, or is it cry.

if the back is experienced but not good enough is it worth it? I'd rather try a rookie out. That's how we got Marshall. If you keep using retreads you'll never find any good rookies. At this time of year especially you should be bringing in rookies for a look see unless you're planning on going deep in the playoffs and want that veteran insurance policy.
I truly believe Walters and O'Shea are still pushing for a Grey Cup run this season.

Holly overreaction Batman. Walker was brought in for depth and for his CFL experience. If Marshall goes done it will be nice to have at least 1 experienced back.

I truly believe Walters and O'Shea are still pushing for a Grey Cup run this season.

You forgot to use the sarcasm font.

futurama-fry-should-i-lol-or-roflmao.jpg

I'll bet Brohm starts and actually surprises some people. LOL. I can see it happening to be honest, Brohm starts and we actually win. This forum then explodes and who knows what happens... I dunno, but i do get the feeling that Brohm will start and honestly for some dumb reason, I don't think he will be as awful has Marve has been but if we lose and Brohm starts, there will be people asking why Marve didn't play even though he basically has looked terrible the last game a half really.

Actually I agree with you MOS may just go with Brohm they are probably practicing scooping the ball off the turf as we speak. Whole new meaning to hit the turf! Can you say rug burn?

It's not the one signing i think that is resulting in the "im done" posts, it's the not doing anything at all to fix the actual problems that are resulting in the "im done" thread.

Why hasn't Bellefeuille been fired yet? Why is Brohm still employed? Why are we picking up some retread running back when we don't even use the guys we do have, I mean really.. what are we gonna do? dress 3 running backs and give them what? 10 total carries? It's just a joke, they are doing nothing to get better, that's the problem... I have as much faith in the bombers as anyone but... Honestly, it's at the point where i'm not sure i'd go to a game if someone gave me tickets for free. 

My girlfriend went to the last game with 2 of her friends who have never been to bomber games before... she told me they told her that they would never go to a game ever again, those were potentially new fans but... they said they wouldn't go again.

Those people booing left right and center, they are the ones who the bombers need to convince to buy grey cup tickets... They are hosting the grey cup, not that that really matters but... they are hosting the cup and doing absolutely nothing to actually address the problems. 

Why aren't QB's being brought in? Why is MB still employed, why are guys like Greg Peach and the sorts still on the roster, I don't get it, i really don't.... tickets aren't cheap and we all have TV's at our homes, why would anyone pay 68 bucks for a ticket to watch this crap when they can watch it for free at home. I mean really, they are doing nothing to show the fans that they actually realize there are problems, they are seemingly blind to the issues... that's a problem. This regime came in and people believed, they spoke a good game really but..so far the on field results show that they really have no clue at all. 

All i'd like from them is for them to actually show me that they realize problems do exist, but what i've gotten the last couple days is a whole lot of nothing... That shows me that they either 1. don't care 2. are obvlious to the fact that the team sucks or 3. Are just stupid really

How can you ignore your fan base like this really... it's ridiculous. Yeah this forum and the others, they are the hardcore fans... the ones who might care the most actually and when you see the people who care the most saying "im done", whats it tell you really? 

#BELIEVEINBLUE?  bullcrap... you know what, not gonna speak for everyone here but.. i think lots of us just want them to show us that they are aware of the issues.. it's pretty tough to #believeinblue when they do absolutely nothing to make you believe.

Nice rant!

Actually I agree with you MOS may just go with Brohm they are probably practicing scooping the ball off the turf as we speak. Whole new meaning to hit the turf! Can you say rug burn?

Brohm was decent vs Calgary last year until he got hurt. I'm not sticking up for him but really give him the reps and see what he does with it.