Dunk: Chevon Walker to sign with Winnipeg

Mike

Hopefully we wise up and start to lean on, and use Marshall in an effective manner. The guy is a beast and the type of back who with the more work he gets in game, the more he will produce. Powerful runner and he literally pounds the defence and wears them down. Have yo ever seen him go down on first contact? He reminds me a lot of Willard Reaves on his style of play, and come cold weather and late in season when defences are getting nicked and worn down he will be extremely effective. Totally under utilized this year, and especially as a receiving threat.

Get him in open space with room to start thundering downhill...Christ silly we haven't done that more. The times we have it's been money.

Walker, not a feature back by any means, but if used right, swings, pitchouts, screens, he can be very effective. Guy has speed to burn and could add a dimension out of backfield we don't have right now.

Maybe the being cut and the embarrassment will light a fire under him. The first few years in Hamilton when he was used right Walker was pretty good

Hopefully we wise up and start to lean on, and use Marshall in an effective manner. The guy is a beast and the type of back who with the more work he gets in game, the more he will produce. Powerful runner and he literally pounds the defence and wears them down. Have yo ever seen him go down on first contact? He reminds me a lot of Willard Reaves on his style of play, and come cold weather and late in season when defences are getting nicked and worn down he will be extremely effective. Totally under utilized this year, and especially as a receiving threat.

Get him in open space with room to start thundering downhill...Christ silly we haven't done that more. The times we have it's been money.

Walker, not a feature back by any means, but if used right, swings, pitchouts, screens, he can be very effective. Guy has speed to burn and could add a dimension out of backfield we don't have right now.

Maybe the being cut and the embarrassment will light a fire under him. The first few years in Hamilton when he was used right Walker was pretty good

I'm not sure I totally agree with you about Walker being good in Hamilton. Guy is fast there's no doubt about that, but he's also a ***** who can't do anything if he doesn't have miles of space. There's a reason he wasn't protected in the expansion draft. Just not a football player. You got a track team then that's another story. Runningbacks are just such a dime a dozen position, why in gods name is Walters always signing retreads and wash outs? 

I'm not sure I totally agree with you about Walker being good in Hamilton. Guy is fast there's no doubt about that, but he's also a ***** who can't do anything if he doesn't have miles of space. There's a reason he wasn't protected in the expansion draft. Just not a football player. You got a track team then that's another story. Runningbacks are just such a dime a dozen position, why in gods name is Walters always signing retreads and wash outs? 

Because Walters is simply not an effective GM.

Clearly, MB told Oshea to bring in a guy like Walker. So Oshea told Walters to bring in a guy like Walker. 

SO Walters brought in Walker. 

I don't think RB are a dime a dozen look around the league one dominate American RB has been brought to Canada in the past five years Sheets. The best three backs are all Canadians.

I think that is more evidence to the fact that they ARE dime a dozen.... Americans are always being replaced because there's so damned many of them. Only the Canadians get a chance to really establish themselves over multiple years. Is there any team that really lacks a capable effective running back or 3?

I don't think RB are a dime a dozen look around the league one dominate American RB has been brought to Canada in the past five years Sheets. The best three backs are all Canadians.

I think that is more evidence to the fact that they ARE dime a dozen.... Americans are always being replaced because there's so damned many of them. Only the Canadians get a chance to really establish themselves over multiple years. Is there any team that really lacks a capable effective running back or 3?

According to this move, Winnipeg.

Talk about over-reaction. This is talking about a guy's vast potential...in reverse. Geez, can we let the guy fail before everybody's declared an idiot?

2 other teams have already decided they don't need the guy he's a runningback, those guys don't get 3 chances to fail

I know that. I don't necessarily like the move myself, but really, what the hell harm can it do?

This is hopeful, but Walker has a long history of being a terrible receiver in this league.

Where's the "Fire Walters" thread?

Talk about over-reaction. This is talking about a guy's vast potential...in reverse. Geez, can we let the guy fail before everybody's declared an idiot?

2 other teams have already decided they don't need the guy he's a runningback, those guys don't get 3 chances to fail

I know that. I don't necessarily like the move myself, but really, what the hell harm can it do?

It can prevent some new face that might be an actual good player from coming here and potentially helping in the future. 

This is hopeful, but Walker has a long history of being a terrible receiver in this league.

Where's the "Fire Walters" thread?

Start it up and I'll be there. Is it a case of the guy having no faith in his scouting or rookies in general or do the scouts just suck that much? Getting real tired of seeing other teams pluck unknown players out of nowhere but Walters is on every guy who's had a cup of coffee in the CFL like a fat kid on a smartie. He is the complete anti-thesis to Joe Mack which is not what this team needed, you need someone who does everything well.