Dunk: Chevon Walker to sign with Winnipeg

Mike

I'll bet Brohm starts and actually surprises some people. LOL. I can see it happening to be honest, Brohm starts and we actually win. This forum then explodes and who knows what happens... I dunno, but i do get the feeling that Brohm will start and honestly for some dumb reason, I don't think he will be as awful has Marve has been but if we lose and Brohm starts, there will be people asking why Marve didn't play even though he basically has looked terrible the last game a half really.

Actually I agree with you MOS may just go with Brohm they are probably practicing scooping the ball off the turf as we speak. Whole new meaning to hit the turf! Can you say rug burn?
Brohm was decent vs Calgary last year until he got hurt. I'm not sticking up for him but really give him the reps and see what he does with it.
And that's still the only time he had starters reps for a week of practice, right? Every other time he's played, he came in cold off the bench...

Holly overreaction Batman. Walker was brought in for depth and for his CFL experience. If Marshall goes done it will be nice to have at least 1 experienced back.

You guys make me laugh, or is it cry.

if the back is experienced but not good enough is it worth it? I'd rather try a rookie out. That's how we got Marshall. If you keep using retreads you'll never find any good rookies. At this time of year especially you should be bringing in rookies for a look see unless you're planning on going deep in the playoffs and want that veteran insurance policy.
I truly believe Walters and O'Shea are still pushing for a Grey Cup run this season.

old-lol.gif

Holly overreaction Batman. Walker was brought in for depth and for his CFL experience. If Marshall goes done it will be nice to have at least 1 experienced back.

You guys make me laugh, or is it cry.

if the back is experienced but not good enough is it worth it? I'd rather try a rookie out. That's how we got Marshall. If you keep using retreads you'll never find any good rookies. At this time of year especially you should be bringing in rookies for a look see unless you're planning on going deep in the playoffs and want that veteran insurance policy.
I truly believe Walters and O'Shea are still pushing for a Grey Cup run this season.

old-lol.gif

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Why are we not signing qbs? Like WTF is going on???

Mainly because signing a QB off the street, not a retread CFL cast-off would serve us no use whatsoever this year for at least a month or so...we gotta go to the dance with whom we brought now. A revamping of the offensive philosophy is whats needed

Going to be a big mistake if Walker gets the majority of touches over Marshall...

I agree with whoever mentioned (probably in this thread) that we're using them backwards... it needs to be Marshall getting the bulk of carries to wear down the D... then Walker coming in to hit them with the change of pace...

An argument can be made either way for how to use the rbs. Tackling gets harder when you're tired. Bringing down a beast like Marshall when he's fresh and you've tired can't be easy. Marshall was pretty successful earlier this season when he was coming in after Cotton.

Make them chase the fast guy early and run them over with the big guy late. Makes as much sense as the opposite.

I'm not against bringing in walker. I thought I read in the paper CFL gms criticized the bombers offence for not having enough speed. There's some speed. There's no downside to this move

The downside is taking a roster spot from someone who might actually be a good player.  Romby Bryant was here for his speed last year too, Walker is basically the Romby Bryant of running backs, minus actually having any sustained success in the league.