August 23 practice report

gbill2004

Of course they are splitting reps between Marve and Brohm.   Practice is a teaching and learning session, it's not a game.  As a coach, you give your starter some reps, then you discuss what he did.  You don't stop practice while having this discussion, you put the "other" guy in.  Then you go back to your starter to give him more reps.   Practice can also be a grind, and you don't want to wear your starter out.

Typically, by the time you get to #3, you may actually be running scout on offence to give your defense some looks of what the other team does.

What is scout?

Sorry for being thick here, I looked it up on google to no avail, so running scout is imitating what the opponents offense is going to be doing so your defense can prepare for them. Is that right?

Of course they are splitting reps between Marve and Brohm.   Practice is a teaching and learning session, it's not a game.  As a coach, you give your starter some reps, then you discuss what he did.  You don't stop practice while having this discussion, you put the "other" guy in.  Then you go back to your starter to give him more reps.   Practice can also be a grind, and you don't want to wear your starter out.

Typically, by the time you get to #3, you may actually be running scout on offence to give your defense some looks of what the other team does.

What is scout?

Sorry for being thick here, I looked it up on google to no avail, so running scout is imitating what the opponents offense is going to be doing so your defense can prepare for them. Is that right?

You might want to upgrade your Google...

1. In sports, the scout team, also referred to as a practice team, taxi squad, practice squad or practice roster, is a group of players on a teamwhose task is to emulate future opponents for the featured (or starting) players.

So Bryant-Greaves-Gossen--Chungh-Neufeld on the OL with Griffiths as the 6th? Yikes.

The only concern for me is the RT mainly because of Neufeld inablity to stay healthy. 

Greaves although he was pulled before is a mainstay in LG. He need to put up some nastiness even for just a bit.

Goossen was drafted a year ago to be the next C. After a season and half, I think it's about time to prove that he got what it takes.

I guess we get to see if those who think Picard's no good are right or wrong. I expect that Goosen is a big step down at center.

Neufeld at RT is interesting. Don't we have any IMP tackles who can do the job? Will we start 8 or 9 NI's?

Gotta say this looks like the worst starting O line we've had all year. Good thing that Marve can run.

Didn't Greaves play Centre a bit...? like two years ago or something

About time Goossen sees the field again anyway, I thought he was decent last year - yeah he made mistakes but Chungh makes them too

Disappointed that only one import OL was airlifted, would love to see an interior guy

I guess we get to see if those who think Picard's no good are right or wrong. I expect that Goosen is a big step down at center.

Neufeld at RT is interesting. Don't we have any IMP tackles who can do the job? Will we start 8 or 9 NI's?

Gotta say this looks like the worst starting O line we've had all year. Good thing that Marve can run.

8 NIs. we are starting 4 IMP receivers instead of 3.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

Demond Washington is alongside Troy Stoudermire on the #Bombers' kick return team.

Kirk Penton @PentonKirk

Jasper Simmons is getting some middle linebacker reps today. #Bombers

Id rather see us stick an olineman back to return kicks then either of those guys. I like washington as a player, but both of these guys are keith stokes at best returning the ball.

We are down to desperate measures, folks. Its time to see if Neufeld and Goossen have a future in this league or if our drafting and trading are crappy. I would be more optimistic if I had reason to be confident that our O-line coach was doing a good job. There are so many questions about our coaching that there is probably going to be a major overhaul there in the off-season regardless of O'Shea's future.

We are down to desperate measures, folks. Its time to see if Neufeld and Goossen have a future in this league or if our drafting and trading are crappy. I would be more optimistic if I had reason to be confident that our O-line coach was doing a good job. There are so many questions about our coaching that there is probably going to be a major overhaul there in the off-season regardless of O'Shea's future.

Goossen is only in his 2nd year. He has a future in the CFL for sure. Neufeld likely has a few more lives left as well. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the remainder of the year.

Edit - I really want the goose's future to be with the bombers. Anyone who doubts, please see MTL and their Oline development.