Marve now the backup QB?

gbill2004

Running game needs to be strong but I fully expect the game plan to be pass pass pass pass pass pass pass.... you get the point. I'd be shocked if 10 run plays were called because really that's about as many as we have seen called each of the last few games. Using 2 backs yet only giving them a combined 10 to 15 carries. Just stupidity and I don't think it changes

If we don't lean heavily on the run..have sets with both of those backs in together and use the run and sprint outs and roll outs or option type stuff to help ease Marve into things then MB should be canned the next morning.

We have the online to really dominate with a run game if you committed to it and played to it.

Marshall is a strong sturdy hard running back who will wear a defense down and if he is working into the teens in carries by third quarter I can see him busting big ones late in game

If we don't lean heavily on the run..have sets with both of those backs in together and use the run and sprint outs and roll outs or option type stuff to help ease Marve into things then MB should be canned the next morning.

We have the online to really dominate with a run game if you committed to it and played to it.

Marshall is a strong sturdy hard running back who will wear a defense down and if he is working into the teens in carries by third quarter I can see him busting big ones late in game

Totally agree but just lack the faith in MB to actually think it happens. I'm thinking whoever starts gets injured.

If Moore is healthy and back this week, I think the Bombers should start Moore, Denmark, Veltung, Gordon and Kohlert.

4-import receivers instead of 3 import and 2 Cdns.

JFG is the lone backup Cdn receiver.

Roster a 7th OL (Greaves) instead of Bastien (or Cronk).

Stoudermire may stay on the roster as backup Imp Rec and return guy, so sit Littlejohn to met the limit of 20 imports. 

On D, If Turner and Peach is back, sit D.Johnson and Fraser. The rest else stays the same.

Not to start the whole "better fan" arguement is anyone else kinda sickened by the "if brohm starts i stay home" bullplop?

Nope. I was debating it myself, same debate I had when Boltus was with us.

To me thats crazy. I go to see all three aspects of my team play, not just the QB. I kinda keep hope alive that brohm or marve will step up, false hope that it is but still want to be in the stands..

*shrug*

My hope is that Marve can pull off a few Bishop type games, not the most amazing stats but a big run or two and a couple of long bomb connections and we pull it out. Plus he's more exciting to watch.

Brohm, no excitement and really offers you jack.

Brohm is just one of those guys who needs to make 10 or so good throws in a row to score a touchdown. You can get away with that when you're Ricky Ray or Kevin Glenn, but not when you're Brian Brohm.

Well.. That and if we had an oline capable of giving him 3+ each down..

Doesn't matter if it's Marve or Brohm - no Willy = no chance IMO

The ghost of Rocky Butler disagrees with you.

What the heck does Rocky Butler have to do with Drew Willy or Marve or Brohm?

No prob, for those who haven't followed the CFL for very long, I will explain.

See back in, I'm going to say 2006 but I don't care enough to verify the season, Saskatchewan was forced to start a backup QB against the Bombers in the LDC.  Now most Bomber fans felt pretty good about the team's chances as they thought Butler wasn't much of a QB.  Turns out that lowly backup QB was good enough to get a win for the Riders with the help of his team, even though he really wasn't much of a QB.

And the point is that there are dozens of examples of backup QBs that inspire little confidence having enough things go right to pull out a win.  Including QBs in Bomber jerseys.

This got my curiosity up so I had to go digging. 2002 was the year. http://cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/1205

Trouble is that most of those lowly backups, turn out to be one hit wonders.....

Well if Marve gets us a hit, Davis another hit and we keep going this could work.

The problem with your scenario is that we would need nine more quarterbacks to finish the season plus more for the playoffs.

Wonder if portis comes back

Yes, we are so desperate that this is not inconceivable.

Portis didn't really demonstrate enough good or bad to make a rational decision on him in the amount of playing time he was alotted during TC.  He'd likely still be sitting on the PR if Davis hadn't come loose from Cgy.

A couple of thoughts on this.........If MOS announces that Brohm is playing, the stadium will be littered with empty seats. Marve is short on experience and playing time, but it's time to see what, if anything, he can do. Also, the crowd will be there if it's announced that he's playing.

I also agree with a number of the posts regarding the OC position. We need a new one. We did nothing to counter the repeated blitzes and odd man rushes Hamilton ran against us, and we lost our most valuable player as a consequence. That's all on the OC. Trouble is.....at this point in the season throwing away the play book and starting over is not an option either.