Maximum Quote Setting

Rich

Board Quote Setting  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the maximum quote setting to be?

• Keep it at 10
    • Bump it up to 20
    • Set it so that only the last post is quoted (any "quoted" posts in a post you are quoting would be removed)
    • Other - Please Specify

Some people have made mention that the current quote system on the board make it difficult to read some posts, and if you hit the maximum, you need to delete the quotes yourself.

This is a configurable setting and is currently set to the default 10.

I could bump this up but it would mean some really ugly posts when they all quoted, especially on mobile devices.  I can make it lower than people would have to manually remove quotes more often.  Or I can make it so only the last post is quoted and the quoted parts aren't carried over.  This may make some posts hard to follow if they don't have the whole history.

What would you like to see?

Having to scroll and scroll and scroll though the quotes on the mobile version is absolutely dreadful.  10 is nonsense. :)

Makes it practically unreadable. I voted for 'last post quoted' but 17 makes a god point about lost context.

My thoughts as well...I voted Last Post Quoted, but a couple more wouldn't hurt.....5 would be too many I think. 10 is bordering on obscene...

I agree you lose a lot of context with just the last post.

I think I had this setting at a lower number before and ended up making it higher.

The problem is if you hit the limit and have to manually delete some old posts, that is very difficult to do on a mobile device as well.

I don't really like any of the options.  I need to find something where if the limit is 5, it would just automatically delete the posts above 5, you shouldn't have to do it manually.  Might need to research this a bit more.

I think I had this setting at a lower number before and ended up making it higher.

The problem is if you hit the limit and have to manually delete some old posts, that is very difficult to do on a mobile device as well.

I don't really like any of the options.  I need to find something where if the limit is 5, it would just automatically delete the posts above 5, you shouldn't have to do it manually.  Might need to research this a bit more.

You may lose context, but generally, I read through all of the posts anyways. One quote is neater (not taking into account using multiquote).

You may lose context, but generally, I read through all of the posts anyways. One quote is neater (not taking into account using multiquote).

As noted with these ^ selections, 2-3 quotes should be plenty to get the gist of what is being said. Otherwise you might actually have to (gasp) manually look back.

As noted with these ^ selections, 2-3 quotes should be plenty to get the gist of what is being said. Otherwise you might actually have to (gasp) manually look back.

3 seems okay to me.