The Day Early Game Day Thread - BC @ WPG

We are going to need a very disciplined and consistent pass rush tonight because I suspect our DBs are going to have their hands full .. I also wouldn't be against having a spy in an effort to limit Lulay using his legs to move the chains .. this game has the potential to be a complete horror story if the defense can't get off the field (or if the offense can't sustain drives and limit mistakes).

I have a little optimism for tonight, but if Willy goes down...we should all close our eyes to avoid the horror of Brohm

Let's hope Neufeld steps in and does well. Our oline needs to set the tone early.

I hope Daniels can stay on the field tonight .. the drop off in protection if he goes down again is not going to be pretty.

Honestly can't envision any scenario where the Bombers lose tonight. It is going to be a blowout. Can't wait to kick back with a tall cool Budweiser and watch the Lions get thumped.

Blowout?? for who??? Here is a scenario where in the Bombers lose tonight - The Lions show up! Sorry dude but across the board - offense and defense, special teams etc. Lions are better! I would be happy just to see the Bombers keep it close.

Oh Good... I new guys shows up to rip an established posted... and clearly doesn't recognize the tone  :lol:

New guy??? I have been around forever just no time to post much! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will root for the Big Blue (been around since the Total-CFL days) but really don't see much of a chance for them today. I read most of the posts when I get a spare cycle or two but work seems to get in the way! :)

We are going to need a very disciplined and consistent pass rush tonight because I suspect our DBs are going to have their hands full .. I also wouldn't be against having a spy in an effort to limit Lulay using his legs to move the chains .. this game has the potential to be a complete horror story if the defense can't get off the field (or if the offense can't sustain drives and limit mistakes).

I'm not sure how much of a shot we have at a consistent pass rush. IIRC, the Lions have only given up 3 sacks this year and Lulay has the best outlet in the league in Andrew Harris. I think we have to focus on containing Lulay and keeping a man on Harris at all times. Maybe we can jump in front of one of his dump off passes.

cfl gameday

"Losing Drew Willy: Twice this season so far, the Bombers have lost starting QB Drew Willy mid-game. When he has been in the game the Bombers have had a 90-89 scoring edge (+1).

When he has been sidelined, Winnipeg has been outscored 70-19 (-51).   :(

Richie Leone: Along with Boris Bede heading into Week #6, Leone and his fellow rookie have yet to miss a FG attempt in their first 10 career tries. Leone also leads the CFL in punting average at 49.8 yards and is #2 net at 39.9 per kick."

I'm not sure how much of a shot we have at a consistent pass rush. IIRC, the Lions have only given up 3 sacks this year and Lulay has the best outlet in the league in Andrew Harris. I think we have to focus on containing Lulay and keeping a man on Harris at all times. Maybe we can jump in front of one of his dump off passes.

If the Bombers assign Hurl to cover Harris I see Harris getting 200Yds or so. The Bombers have a long and not that great history when it comes to containing running QB's and I don't see anything changing tonight.

BC has a mediocre (at best) O-line and about the same grade of D-line. On balance, we ought to be better on both sides of the line of scrimmage and if we can't beat them, its gonna be another long season. So, whichever side registers the most sacks ought to win, and there is no reason it shouldn't be the Bombers. I predict a see-saw first half with the game decided in the fourth quarter. If Willy gets racked up again, all bets are off.

I wouldn't expect to be blown out at home with Willy in the lineup. So far we are 2-1 when Willy finishes the game with the loss being by a single point. Yes, I realize that glosses over a lot of issues with this team. But to expect to be blown out against a team whose only two wins are against Saskatchewan...you have to admit that seems very pessimistic.

I wouldn't expect to be blown out at home with Willy in the lineup. So far we are 2-1 when Willy finishes the game with the loss being by a single point. Yes, I realize that glosses over a lot of issues with this team. But to expect to be blown out against a team whose only two wins are against Saskatchewan...you have to admit that seems very pessimistic.

Not to mention one of those wins being in OT.

I loaded up on Lions in the TSN Fantasy league so I feel good about the Bombers tonight

I loaded up on Eskimos in the TSN Fanstasy league so I feel bad for the Riders tomorrow night. :D

Ha! I got a few Lions and a few Esks. As someone previously mentioned, I have a bad feeling about Harris running all over if Hurl has to cover him tonight...I don't feel any better about Hurl in a qb spy situation either. If I'm honest, the only place I actually like the guy is on special teams

If the Bombers assign Hurl to cover Harris I see Harris getting 200Yds or so. The Bombers have a long and not that great history when it comes to containing running QB's and I don't see anything changing tonight.

BC never send a guy to block Hurl. They find him a nuisance back there, a fence post they have to go around.

Honestly can't envision any scenario where the Bombers lose tonight. It is going to be a blowout. Can't wait to kick back with a tall cool Budweiser and watch the Lions get thumped.

Blowout?? for who??? Here is a scenario where in the Bombers lose tonight - The Lions show up! Sorry dude but across the board - offense and defense, special teams etc. Lions are better! I would be happy just to see the Bombers keep it close.

Wooooooo!!!!