The Day Early Game Day Thread - BC @ WPG

Yeah I don't have much negative to say about the OL this year. Especially now with Neufeld in there over Greaves.

I've always said Picard can't block but he does bring a vet presence and a nasty aggressive attitude to the OL. Maybe next year we will throw Goosen in there and have 5 guys who can block well all the way across.

I bet we sign another high profile OL during the Feb free agency frenzy. Just continue to build a solid line. Get the starters in there & groom the young guys like Calgary has done. Once we do that, this team will truly be a force.

Yeah I don't have much negative to say about the OL this year. Especially now with Neufeld in there over Greaves.

I've always said Picard can't block but he does bring a vet presence and a nasty aggressive attitude to the OL. Maybe next year we will throw Goosen in there and have 5 guys who can block well all the way across.

I bet we sign another high profile OL during the Feb free agency frenzy. Just continue to build a solid line. Get the starters in there & groom the young guys like Calgary has done. Once we do that, this team will truly be a force.

Agreed if a NI comes free.

On the flipside of that, is Picard let go next winter? Hard to see him getting 200 k again.

Got a little worried about how this one was going to turn out, after he leos went the length of the field on their first possession. Not to worry though after Willy went to work and started prancing downfield....Finally seen some life in the offence and it just kept getting louder and louder...Two thumbs up....We still have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball BUT it's getting better all the time...so much better...

Neufeld was a huge upgrade over Greaves.  I just hope he can stay healthy this time.

Daniels back at RT was a huge upgrade over last week.

Best game by the OL all year IMO.

Willy had his best game as a Bomber.  Who knew he could run like that?  Certainly not the Lions. First time in a long time that we don't have one of the worst starting QB's in the league.

Sure, it was just BC, who've only beaten the Riders, but we looked like a competitive team last night. Our big plays looked more like plans than flukes. Best game we've played this year.

Neufeld was a huge upgrade over Greaves.  I just hope he can stay healthy this time.

Willy had his best game as a Bomber.  Who knew he could run like that?  Certainly not the Lions. First time in a long time that we don't have one of the worst starting QB's in the league.

Sure, it was just BC, who've only beaten the Riders, but we looked like a competitive team last night. Our big plays looked more like plans than flukes. Best game we've played this year.

I agree. Willy managed the game very well. Defense made the adjustments needed. Crowd noise was amazing, well done.

Only major sore point for me still is our front four, a few good plays but overall, no push. On average, Lulay had way too many steamboats. 

Can Nick Moore stay on the IR the rest of the year, please? 

You want one of the top receivers in the league to sit on the IR the rest of the year? Why don't we just play 4 Americans at receiver and make the team that much harder to defend rather than stubbornly sticking with 8 Canadian starters for no apparent reason? 

Agree 100% with your comments - Especially regarding Neufeld  and Daniels - If the OL can continue to play like they did last night and the DL can get some pass rush I think we are coming around. I don't think BC is as bad as others lead us to believe.

Love to see a couple guys that were getting absolutely dumped on a couple weeks ago redeem themselves in big way the last two weeks. Congrats to Hurl and Adams for proving your critics wrong. Very strong games by both of them.

Hurl has been getting better and better each week and Adams has truly evolved into a deep threat for us. Both guys were big parts of our win last night.

Agree 100% with your comments - Especially regarding Neufeld  and Daniels - If the OL can continue to play like they did last night and the DL can get some pass rush I think we are coming around. I don't think BC is as bad as others lead us to believe.

BC is no pushover. They beat the Riders back to back before Glenn got injured. That's not an easy thing to do.

I couldn't watch the game, had to make do with CJOB.  How did the Oline look?  Sounds like Picard was subpar.  How were the others?  Curious about Neufeld in particular.  

Neufeld looked pretty good from what I saw.  He made it through the entire game which is a big win in my opinion.  On our 1st drive, he absolutely rag-dolled the guy he was working against 2 plays in a row, it was pretty fun to watch.

I'm not normally watching the Oline every play and I still noticed Neufeld stand out in a positive way on three plays during the game.  There was another one in the 4th quarter where him and Chungh were way downfield crushing out blocks.

Neufeld, Chungh, Westerman, Hurl, Veltung, everyone named Adams, Bass, some scrub named Willy - there were a lot of players last night who stood out in a really good way.

Does each player have only one helmet?

seems strange if that's the case. What if it gets cracked?

I think the people who criticized Hurl would be more than happy to have him in there, if he keeps playing like last night. I guess there's more to it than I for one realized. as has been said.

BC is no pushover.

not disagreeing, but

Lulay hasn't looked great this season. Missed 33 Harris at the end of the game with what should have been an easy completion to get a first down, and continuation of their late drive. There was still some time.

One of their secondary guys took a penalty near their own end zone, that was actually funny. He just body slammed the receiver trying to run his route… right out in the middle of the field. impossible to not see it.

Does each player have only one helmet?

seems strange if that's the case. What if it gets cracked?

I think the people who criticized Hurl would be more than happy to have him in there, if he keeps playing like last night. I guess there's more to it than I for one realized. as has been said.

BC is no pushover.

not disagreeing, but

Lulay hasn't looked great this season. Missed 33 Harris at the end of the game with what should have been an easy completion to get a first down, and continuation of their late drive. There was still some time.

One of their secondary guys took a penalty near their own end zone, that was actually funny. He just body slammed the receiver trying to run his route… right out in the middle of the field. impossible to not see it.

Agreed. The commentators have been pumping Lulay's tires all year, but he has yet to really show consistent accuracy on his deep ball. There were times playing the Riders where he had guys wide open behind coverage and missed them. Not that Lulay is a complete chump, but he hasn't been an all-star.

Lulay hasn't been great, but a team...any team...still needs to play well to beat the Lions. They are not a powerhouse or anything but they have some good players that can expose a bad team.

Lulay hasn't been great, but a team...any team...still needs to play well to beat the Lions. They are not a powerhouse or anything but they have some good players that can expose a bad team.

This statement kind of describes the Bombers at this point, doesn't it?  Solid mid-pack team with much to prove.

Lulay definitely has some issues with his accuracy which is likely a result of having to change his throwing motion. Maybe he figures it out later in the year? Best to hope they get far enough behind early that they're out of the playoff picture before he does. 

That decision by Tedford to go for it on 3rd and 2 was a huge momentum shift, after the Bombers threw away all of the momentum generated by the Adams INT with two sacks, a fumble (recovered) and then Lirim's brain fart gamble on 3rd and 21.  I couldn't believe how fast the Bombers were able to just destroy all of the momentum, but then our D came up big and Lulay made a terrible pass to a wide open Harris.  If the Lions had converted that 3rd and 2, the game probably would have ended a lot differently.  Definitely the TSN turning point.  I still don't know why they didn't just run Harris on that play, he was gold for 2 to 3 yards on every hand-off.

They did not get a sack last night but the 3 picks were a result of pressure. What Jake Thomas lacks in talent he makes up in hustle and heart. Made a couple big plays last night.

Actually I saw different. I thought BC most times picked up our blitzes well and handled our front four fairly regularly.

Imo BC's issue a lot of times was their audible calling thanks to the crowd noise. Not to mention the fact Arsenault was no where to be seen, except at the end of the game where he demonstrated his frustration.

I thought two of the picks and overall good defensive play were more of the athleticism and intelligence of our DB's/HB's and linebackers.    

They did not get a sack last night but the 3 picks were a result of pressure. What Jake Thomas lacks in talent he makes up in hustle and heart. Made a couple big plays last night.

Actually I saw different. I thought BC most times picked up our blitzes well and handled our front four fairly regularly.

Imo BC's issue a lot of times was their audible calling thanks to the crowd noise. Not to mention the fact Arsenault was no where to be seen, except at the end of the game where he demonstrated his frustration.

I thought two of the picks and overall good defensive play were more of the athleticism and intelligence of our DB's/HB's and linebackers.    

Sack is good but I like interception better. Sack may or may not result to a change of possession.

An interception is an outright change of possession.