Ian Wild

Saw the link to this article on Twitter

http://thegoallinepost.blogspot.ca/2015/07/former-cflers-are-going-camping.html

Exerpt

A different group of CFL players try their luck down south every off-season. This year, nine former CFL players from 2014 are going camping in the NFL.

Brett Jones (Giants), Delvin Breaux (Saints), Brian Peters and Jalil Carter (Vikings), Matt O'Donnell (Bengals), Ian Wild and Shawn Lemon (Steelers) and, finally, Duron Carter and Ben Heenan (Colts) all earned invites to main training camp with their respective teams.

The chances of Jalil Carter, John Chiles or Brian Peters of making it past the first round of cuts aren't very promising either, while I'm almost certain current Steelers' safety Ian Wild will be back in Winnipeg with the Blue Bombers for the Banjo Bowl. Offensive linemen Matt O'Donnell and Ben Heenan have a good opportunity with their new clubs, but I won't be surprised if either are cut before September.

I personally agree with the bloggers commentary and think it was a well written thought out opinion piece. At the end of the day though, it really doesn't mean much more than any fanboy's opinion. It's not like it's an inside scoop or something. I do hope the blogger is right about Wild though.

WILD is a great WIL LB, would be great to see him back.. and no doubt he'd play immediately, but... just a question cuz i think he's actually starting to show why they kept him, Bass, what happens to him? He's getting better every game in my opinion, do we maybe move him to the middle? Cuz no way WILD should go back to the Middle. 

Having Wild back does nothing to solve the black hole at the MLB spot.

It does if Bass can play MLB.  A linebacker corps of Wild, Bass, Randle looks infinitely better than Bass, Hurl, Randle.

I honestly don't care about whether or not O'Shea tells Lawless that Hurl is "grading out well."  You play your best players, and Bass and Wild have much better noses for the ball.

D Johnson as well has taken reps in the middle, has played it in the past as well. Bass, Johnson and Randle would do more than what we have going on now. If Wild comes back maybe put him in Randles spot and put him back on the corner. He is more valuable there than where he is now.

D Johnson as well has taken reps in the middle, has played it in the past as well. Bass, Johnson and Randle would do more than what we have going on now. If Wild comes back maybe put him in Randles spot and put him back on the corner. He is more valuable there than where he is now.

Wild simply can not play sam, would be the worst sam in the cfl

Wild is not a natural MLB.....but all-star quality on the outside.....

He may not be a natural MLB but the guy did the job there last year pretty well. Remember it was the Etch system on D, no matter who was in the middle teams were going to run all over the defence. At least Wild would be in the hole to hit a back as opposed to Hurl who seems to prefer waiting for guys to come to him. 

You want Wild covering slotbacks all game?  :huh:

I realize Wild would be a very nice addition, on D and special teams, but do the bombers have the cap room to sign him? Moore, Picard, Westerman, Bryant, Willy, and Randle. The team has spent a lot recently.

Very good point. I read recently that the Bombers are projected to finish the season ~$100-200k over the cap. Obviously that'll change with some creativity by Walters, but we're there already.