Team Losing Because Of Coaching Decisions

The coaching staff must feel that Davis is not ready yet, and that an injured Marve is a better option. Hard to imagine that Marve could get hurt in practice but I guess it happens. If Willy is out on Thursday oh boy we're done.

According to O'Shea in his post-game interview it happened during the warm-up for the Stamps game.  If that's the case probably no worse than a pulled muscle.

So, we have a backup QB, who does nothing,  does not appear to have the confidence of his O teammates, and is 31 years old.   Great plan, moving forward......

Brohm will finally refine his throwing accuracy, when? Age 35?

Brohm is 29 not 31...not that it makes that much difference. The point is why are they trying to develop a QB that old?

So, we have a backup QB, who does nothing,  does not appear to have the confidence of his O teammates, and is 31 years old.   Great plan, moving forward......

Brohm will finally refine his throwing accuracy, when? Age 35?

Brohm is 29 not 31...not that it makes that much difference. The point is why are they trying to develop a QB that old?

My bad....but this guy is in his SEVENTH pro season......and is not making it happen.  Perhaps he will prove me wrong, but seriously, how much time will he be given to do it?

Its not one thing right now- its almost everything. Passing, running, kicking, returning kicks, defence, coaching....

And the cheerleaders dance routines suck, shwarma Khan isn't fresh, the team has yet to wear the awful signature aquaflage jerseys ... They need to model this franchise after the Green Bay Packers.

You have to question the coaching and decisions being made ....Blown out by a team that is struggling at qb. like we are...Mike O....the eyes are on you...Definite challenge that was missed...Just bull$hit. AND for cripes sake   MARVE IS A BETTER QB.   WAKE THE HELL UP...

My guess, and it's purely a guess, is that Brohm performs his reps well in practice, interprets the game plan and has good rapport with the coaches. Then game time comes and reality hits.

Richie Hall's scouting defense may have to turn it up a notch.

You have to question the coaching and decisions being made ....Blown out by a team that is struggling at qb. like we are...Mike O....the eyes are on you...Definite challenge that was missed...Just bull$hit. AND for cripes sake   MARVE IS A BETTER QB.   WAKE THE HELL UP...

My guess, and it's purely a guess, is that Brohm performs his reps well in practice, interprets the game plan and has good rapport with the coaches. Then game time comes and reality hits.

Richie Hall's scouting defense may have to turn it up a notch.

Give Brohm a Watson jersey and have him go one on one with Dan West.

If an athlete cannot crack the starting lineup in 7 years, it is never gonna happen, no matter what the sport. If he's the best backup McManus can find, that's just sad.

Anthony Calvio says Hi.

(Note; I'm not Implying brohm is the next AC by any stretch of the imagination.. Just that some players DO have to toil as backups for a long time before rounding into form)

If an athlete cannot crack the starting lineup in 7 years, it is never gonna happen, no matter what the sport. If he's the best backup McManus can find, that's just sad.

Anthony Calvio says Hi.

(Note; I'm not Implying brohm is the next AC by any stretch of the imagination.. Just that some players DO have to toil as backups for a long time before rounding into form)

More like form whom the bell tolls.......

Then why say it? I was just wondering. If you don't believe he's the next AC it serves no purpose to even mention Calvillo. AC was one guy out of how many who enjoyed success after age 30 after bombing out with teams when he was younger.

How many get the chance?

I have to seriously question what is going on behind the scenes with Marve. There is absolutely no way, after Brohm's last two outings, this team can justify keeping him as our 2nd string. The fact that he is, suggests to me that there is something very, very wrong with Marve in the coaches eyes that goes beyond his talent level. Coachability? Bad attitude? Complete inability to run the playbook? Something is keeping this guy glued to the bench when he should obviously be given a shot. It isn't that he has less talent then Brohm. I don't buy that Bellefeuille is playing favorites. There is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I suspect that when Davis is ready that Marve will be the one getting walking papers.

Then why say it? I was just wondering. If you don't believe he's the next AC it serves no purpose to even mention Calvillo. AC was one guy out of how many who enjoyed success after age 30 after bombing out with teams when he was younger.

Then why say it?  Because Tracker obviously said "If an athlete cannot crack the starting lineup in 7 years, it is never gonna happen, no matter what the sport".  Spuds just pointing out someone who did to prove Trackers statement is wrong.  It can happen.  The fact that he's not comparing AC to Brohm has nothing to do with his post.  It has to do with proving a statement is incorrect.

I have to seriously question what is going on behind the scenes with Marve. There is absolutely no way, after Brohm's last two outings, this team can justify keeping him as our 2nd string. The fact that he is, suggests to me that there is something very, very wrong with Marve in the coaches eyes that goes beyond his talent level. Coachability? Bad attitude? Complete inability to run the playbook? Something is keeping this guy glued to the bench when he should obviously be given a shot. It isn't that he has less talent then Brohm. I don't buy that Bellefeuille is playing favorites. There is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. I suspect that when Davis is ready that Marve will be the one getting walking papers.

It doesn't help that when Marcel explains the playbook to Marve that he does so only in French.

Look the last 2 games were hard situations for any quarterback to come into. The team lost it's starter and it got them down mentally. There are enough excuses to be found that it is understandable that you don't make a change at qb, especially if you believe that Brohm understands the system better, and why shouldn't he? He's an older more experienced qb, I hope he understands things. That's probably a big comfort to the coaches. But don't fret about it too much, guys don't get unlimited chances to not produce. If he gets a week of prep as the starter and still goes out and poops his pants things will start to change. 

If Marve has a bad attitude and somehow is a detriment to the team, why not cut him?

Even a guy like Jason Vega feels bad for Marve, and he spent an entire year with the guy. He certainly doesn't seem to be bothered by Marve's attitude, if I'm understanding his tweets correctly.

Look the last 2 games were hard situations for any quarterback to come into. The team lost it's starter and it got them down mentally. There are enough excuses to be found that it is understandable that you don't make a change at qb, especially if you believe that Brohm understands the system better, and why shouldn't he? He's an older more experienced qb, I hope he understands things. That's probably a big comfort to the coaches. But don't fret about it too much, guys don't get unlimited chances to not produce. If he gets a week of prep as the starter and still goes out and poops his pants things will start to change. 

The job of a quarberback is to be able to step up in relief of the starter, even midway through a game if needed. If Brohm can't do that, what's the use in keeping him around? Especially when Marve has done admirable job in relief. There is not one aspect of Brohm's game that is attractive and he does not belong on a professional football field.