Team Losing Because Of Coaching Decisions

Heard from a reliable source That Marve doesn't listen to the coaches. didn't want to say anything but you guys are driving me bonkers with all these threads about Marve. Take it for what you will.

I call BS.  If that was the case. He would have been gone long ago.

Not necessarily.  If he's the best backup they could find, why let him go if another team might scoop him up?  Just cause he doesn't listen, doesn't mean he isn't good in a pinch.

Could be internal politics. McManus brought Marve in, so maybe Walters is listening to McManus. Yet the coaching staff doesn't want Marve because he doesn't listen. GM won't cut him, so coaching staff takes matters into their own hands and says he's injured. Lots going on behind the scenes we have no clue about I'm sure.

I know one thing....IF Marve was ever released he'd be in rider green before you could blink....There's something definitely going on in the background regarding our qb's that we can't get a handle on....I can't see us winning with Brohm ....you might as well mail the 2 points to the opposition..I smell some bad times ahead....

I don't know if Marve is injured or not or if he doesn't listen during practices and is a bad egg, what i do know is during the off season he did not sign an extension to his contract. 

Can't blame him, the writing is clearly on the wall.  He doesn't fit in with Marcel's O scheme and his only future here is to hold on until Marcel is sacked and replaced with another OC and that is a crap shoot strategy at best.

Marcel's scheme is fundamentally flawed in that it can not protect the health of the the QB.  It wouldn't matter if they had 5 Stanley Bryants, the opposition is going to find a way to get to the QB standing in the pocket sooner or later.  No way Brohm could have survived a full game with some of the hits he absorbed last night, eventually he breaks just like Willy. 

If Willy is out for multiple games, it's predictable that Brohm will also be injured shortly and then they will have no choice but to hand the ball to Marve as their 3rd option.

Good point ThrowLong - I thought it would happen yesterday especially when he got nailed in the ribs in the fourth. But he managed to bounce back. I hope this Davis kid shows something as my bet he goes in if Brohm goes down. If that does happen you can bet Marve is on his way out one way or another

They said that about Elliott too. But Elliott knew that Crowton didn't have a clue and tried to help things change. Insecure coaches don't like that.

If I had Marcel telling me how to play QB, I wouldn't listen either.

It's lucky then, that Willy has been listening, we have the 2 wins because he listened and Drew's numbers suggest it is the right thing to have done.

They said that about Elliott too. But Elliott knew that Crowton didn't have a clue and tried to help things change. Insecure coaches don't like that.

If I had Marcel telling me how to play QB, I wouldn't listen either.

It's lucky then, that Willy has been listening, we have the 2 wins because he listened and Drew's numbers suggest it is the right thing to have done.

Now imagine what he could accomplish with a real OC.

Now imagine what he could accomplish with a real OC.

Oh, I don't know about that. Willy has made a lot of progress in how he handles himself in games and I gotta believe a lot of that is the influence of MB.

Don't like him as an OC? That's fine. But I want our #1 QB to show progress..and he has.

Now, if he only do something about those backups.

Only two decisions I really have an issue with are having Picard on this team as a player when we have a guy who is ready to play, who might actually be able to block someone in Goossen and the amount of zone our D plays once the other team is in the score zone.  Basically a guaranteed TD if you can get there against the Bombers.

Brohm's post-game interview:  http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/113445.

WTF is this?  He's reeling of a bunch of clichés in this presser.  Seems like a guys who doesn't give a **** and is just here to prolong his sad football career so he can keep playing a game and cashing in his game checks.  He says he needs to "work on his accuracy...something he's been working on all season"?  WTF?  How long have you been a QB and you're just now working on your accuracy?  Guy comes across as a real d-bag. 

Brohm's post-game interview:  http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/113445.

WTF is this?  He's reeling of a bunch of clichés in this presser.  Seems like a guys who doesn't give a **** and is just here to prolong his sad football career so he can keep playing a game and cashing in his game checks.  He says he needs to "work on his accuracy...something he's been working on all season"?  WTF?  How long have you been a QB and you're just now working on your accuracy?  Guy comes across as a real d-bag. 

Oh come on.  I don't think he's a great QB either, but saying he's coming off as a d-bag in that interview is pretty harsh.  I mean really, if you were in his position you'd be saying whatever you need to say to keep yourself playing too.  Everyone wants to play and wants a paycheck, no one is going to come out and say "oh hey, I suck at being a QB, they should put in the other guy instead".

I'd like to welcome all the new posters who suddenly appear only after a bombers turd

same old same old. 

Mos and every one but irving is saying marve is banged up. I wonder why you would carry him if he cant play though? What if brohm went down?

The coaching staff must feel that Davis is not ready yet, and that an injured Marve is a better option. Hard to imagine that Marve could get hurt in practice but I guess it happens. If Willy is out on Thursday oh boy we're done.

I wonder what the spread will be if Willy isn't playing.