Fire O'Shea

holoman

Once you call a timeout you can't challenge the play. Piss poor coaching didn't cost us the game... piss poor reffing and possibly a stupid move by adams did but that's a total bs call. Wasn't the only bs call this game too.

Nope piss poor coaching, how many close games have we blown?Huffer would never put up with this crap.The player would be gone or benched next game there is no excuse for these brain farts except that there is no accountability in Bomber land which falls on MOS.How Many excuses do you need?

Well, there it was. If we needed any more convincing that O'Shea needs to go, that bonehead oversight in not getting his people lined up properly with the game on the line ought to convince all but the delusional.

How have you decided to blame the coach and not the player for that?

Absolutely. Who else is supposed to watch to make sure the players are where they are supposed to be?
The player. You're expecting Osh to run to the Calgary sideline and line his guy up correctly?

O'Shea has the responsibility to oversee the alignment. Period. If he didn't notice it or he didn't instruct the player (Moore?) to line up properly, its still on O'Shea.

It was either Bastain or Adams.. Not moore. Follow along.

That big catch by Rogers, did I imagine that he trapped it on the turf with one hand? Thought for sure the challenge flag was coming out. Or I'm crazy

I'm with you on that one. Thought he was still not in control on the way down and "secured" it with the help of the turf.

I kinda dont blame oshea for not challaging.. He has been snuffed what.. 3 times on for sures that im positive everyone thought were great ones. Which is embarrassing to say as the league should not be blowing instant replay calls.

Players seem to think they did nothing wrong on that no end call, after hearing Nichols on the radio.

That means 

1) Coaches didnt prepare them correctly (shocker)

2) Refs made a mistake.

Guess which one is more likely

Ill take option 2 and when the cfl agrees you gonna back pedal?

Guess what is really more likely.

There's now a pic of Rogers non catch on Twitter. Not a catch at all. Can't believe MOS didn't challenge. I'm a football lightweight and I saw it immediately. Does no one watch replays for the Bombers?

It was bang bang as calgary knew it and was in hurry up.. Apparently the feed to our booth staff was down or something so they didnt see it and I didnt see any defenders telling Hall or Oshea to toss the flag..

There's now a pic of Rogers non catch on Twitter. Not a catch at all. Can't believe MOS didn't challenge. I'm a football lightweight and I saw it immediately. Does no one watch replays for the Bombers?

It was bang bang as calgary knew it and was in hurry up.. Apparently the feed to our booth staff was down or something so they didnt see it and I didnt see any defenders telling Hall or Oshea to toss the flag..

I hear you and hindsight as we know is usually 20 20. However, as a head coach if your opposition is in hurry up after a circus catch and their in the lead where they should be taking their time to burn the clock you might think something is up with that catch so throw the challenge flag and slow things down. Just saying.

But if wrong you lose a timeout and maybe we don't get the ball back. Kind of funny. Most expected us to be killed. We weren't. Showed big time adversity. I saw a team who refused to quit. That says a lot about how they feel about the coaches.

True however when your opposition is wanting to get on the ball quick at a time they should be burning the clock, throw the challenge flag. Throwing the challenge flag could also be seen as calling a timeout as well.

Other coaches find ways to slow down a game...  OShea is still too passive on the sidelines, if he's yelling at the refs or demanding time to review the replay, they don't have to blow in the play.  Coaches like Austin, Huff and Buono were able to use the refs...

From what I've heard the coaching staff don't have a special feed for replays. They're basically watching it on monitors using the same feed as us at home watching it on TV.  When I saw the first replay I yelled to throw the challenge flag and within a second or less the play was whistled in.  It was that fast.  

What pissed me off is neither Suitor or Black said one word about the catch not being made.  All they did was go on and on about what a great catch it was.  They should have their football memberships cards revoked.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Players seem to think they did nothing wrong on that no end call, after hearing Nichols on the radio.

That means

1) Coaches didnt prepare them correctly (shocker)

2) Refs made a mistake.

Guess which one is more likely

If these are the only two options... and considering it's the cfl... #2 is much more likely!

What about the in stadium replays? I'd assume that guy works for the Bombers? Can't he do a better job of speeding up the replays?

You know what was really frustrating about that... they were showing the side angle (the one that clearly shows no catch) then it cut off before we actually got to the catch and cut to an angle from behind where you can't see anything... I have no idea why they didn't show the definitive replay on the jumbotron...

From what I've heard the coaching staff don't have a special feed for replays. They're basically watching it on monitors using the same feed as us at home watching it on TV.  When I saw the first replay I yelled to throw the challenge flag and within a second or less the play was whistled in.  It was that fast.  

What pissed me off is neither Suitor or Black said one word about the catch not being made.  All they did was go on and on about what a great catch it was.  They should have their football memberships cards revoked.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not to get too critical and knowing when the bullets are flying it's a much different scenario than me sitting in front of a tv in a relaxed atmosphere, but the challenge flag needed to come out as soon as Rogers got back up and the refs signaled good catch.

I want to ask...since when has O'Shea backed away from throwing a challenge? He has to have something to base it on, you know a player's word, an actual view or a spotter. Throwing a flag on what? A whim? Lose a timeout on a whim? You can't be serious.

I don't know, you'd have to ask him and yes I am serious. It's late in the game, my opposition just made a circus catch that I didn't get a view on yet, my opposition is all of a sudden running hurry up to get on the ball quick when they should be taking their time so I need to slow things down now, what's at my disposal? Time out or challenge flag. I choose the challenge flag because the bonus is there's a chance it could be overturned based on Calgary not wanting it reviewed. Little bit more than a whim.

I love all you "Monday Morning Quarterbacks" who sit here and say what O'Shea should have done within the context of the game that's going a hundred miles an hour.    

It's easy to sit back today and criticize his decisions.  We're all HOF coach's after you've re-watched the game in slow motion.