Fire O'Shea

holoman

So Toronto did it wrong hiring an inexperienced Milanovich? Or Edmonton with an inexperienced Jones? Come on now let's not be ridiculous. Experienced or inexperienced doesn't matter if they're good at what they do.

Experience matters a lot. Toronto got it right when they hired the "inexperienced" (Pro coach since 2003 and asst HC in Montreal) Milanovich and Edmonton got it right when they hired "inexperienced" (Pro coach since 1998 including Asst HC/GM in Toronto) Jones. We got it wrong when we hired "inexperienced" (STC since 2010) O'Shea.

Rookies are a higher risk whether it's as a player, HC, GM or CEO or any other job for that matter. Take the higher risk and you may get rewarded, but it's more likely that you'll be replacing them more often than an experienced person with a quality track record.

You know we could also look at Pinball Clemons who had basically no experience and made a pretty good head coach. Just get off the experience thing and say what you really mean, stop hiring duds and hire someone good. I mean really you want a proven experienced hire so what are we doing? Dragging Don Matthews or Dave Ritchie out of the old age homes to run the teams for us? Cause other than that the list of guys with experience have been tried and failed.
For every Clemons, there are several Burke's, O'Shea's, PLAP's and Kelly's. You seem to be ignoring the term more likely.

Tom Higgins has an above .500 record. Yah, he was fired by Montreal, but O'Shea wouldn't have lasted a year and half there either.

Mike Benevides has an above .500 record. Yah, he was fired by BC, but that's because they don't take losing lying down.

Now I'm confused. So Benevides had enough experience but Lapolice didn't?

Not too hard to understand... Benevides has 3 years of HC experience.

So we just make excuses for other head coaches who failed? You know what a common theme in head coaches not working out is? Not getting help from the GM. Hell a big reason Benevides was canned is cause Wally is losing his touch. We see it with his team this year. So let's address the real issue with the Bombers, a team that doesn't have enough talent, before we throw the head coach to the sidelines. Walters needs to get his **** together cause a lot of the problems on this team stem from a complete and total lack of depth. 

So we just make excuses for other head coaches who failed? You know what a common theme in head coaches not working out is? Not getting help from the GM. Hell a big reason Benevides was canned is cause Wally is losing his touch. We see it with his team this year. So let's address the real issue with the Bombers, a team that doesn't have enough talent, before we throw the head coach to the sidelines. Walters needs to get his **** together cause a lot of the problems on this team stem from a complete and total lack of depth. 

Totally agree. I was never a fan of MOS as a player but you can tell by his time as a coach in TO that he can coach and knows the game very well. But in TO he had some very athletic players. 

Thanks to Walters, he has a lousy lineup with atrocious depth. So he's burning out. 

Same thing happened with LAPO here. Lame GM (Mack) kept feeding him garbage players and he's supposed to make chicken salad out of it. 

I absolutely guarantee -- if MOS was in Sask with their old, poorly built Taman team he would suck there too. But put him in Hammer or Calgary and he'd have a winning record. 

I don't see O'Shea or Bellefeille going anywhere until after the Bombers have cashed in on the Grey Cup. Once they have done that the Board may let Miller have some cash to hire a proven GM and some coaches. 

Totally agree. I was never a fan of MOS as a player but you can tell by his time as a coach in TO that he can coach and knows the game very well. But in TO he had some very athletic players. 

Thanks to Walters, he has a lousy lineup with atrocious depth. So he's burning out. 

Same thing happened with LAPO here. Lame GM (Mack) kept feeding him garbage players and he's supposed to make chicken salad out of it. 

I absolutely guarantee -- if MOS was in Sask with their old, poorly built Taman team he would suck there too. But put him in Hammer or Calgary and he'd have a winning record. 

Maybe but Austin and Hufnagel's ego might disagree with you.

There's no way Khari isn't looking to get out of BC. He gets demoted to receiver's coach. I'd bring him in to replace MB in the offseason. I'd keep Hall who has improved the D as the year has gone on, he is also only in his first season. I'd likely keep O`Shea depending on how things play out. At least next year with Jones on staff you have a coaching candidate on staff to replace O`Shea if he struggles out the gate. Jones was a gun slinger, who better to work with Willy. Not to derail thread, but as a side note, current Rider mess has much to do with Chamblin chasing away- getting rid of any assistant coaches that could have been a threat to take over. I think the Bombers have had too much change in the coaching staff. I`d be looking to tweak things and stay the course.

Grr.. As it pains me to say.. I agree i with you lol. i think Khari is cerebral enough to be an offensive coordinator. Hes also fresh enough to have some "new age" concepts to utilize as well as "old school" enough to know what and what does not work. Khari Jones, like I said before bellfool, is my "right" choice.

I'm not giving other HC's excuses. 17 said that the only coaches available who matched my top criteria were too old like Matthews and Richie. I just gave 2 examples where that's not true. If you want to give a new HC a chance, at least take someone else's Asst HC with years of experience instead of someone else's special teams coach with only 4 years of coaching experience, none of it at either OC or DC. 

I'm not giving Walters a pass either. When you promote a below average special teams coach directly to GM you've got to expect some growing pains. Stealing another team's Asst GM like John Murphy would have been a much better idea. You could still promote Walters to Asst GM if you thought he might have the right stuff to be a GM.

Oshea just said on the CJOB coaches show that he should have "blindly" challenged the Rodgers catch, even without seeing the replay.

Also admitted that the issue with replays at IGF is a problem. I find this absurd. Firstly that a Bombers employee would screw it up and secondly that teams are relying on replays on the screen.

Why can't they PVR the game and control their own replays?

Oshea just said on the CJOB coaches show that he should have "blindly" challenged the Rodgers catch, even without seeing the replay.

In the chat room during the game, myself and one other person immediately posted that the Rogers catch was very questionable, even before the replay showed it as incomplete. Admittedly, we had the benefit of a good camera angle, but surely the Bombers could have similar views during the game action.

I actually disagree completely... not that our talent is perfect... but we have some good players, and as we've proven in 2 games against Calgary, good enough to compete with the league's best...

I would challenge your last statement by saying what if we swapped coaching staffs with Calgary?... I think we would have 7 or 8 wins by now with that staff...

Another example.... Pat Del Monaco is a disastrous O-line coach here.... yet he looks like a genius in Calgary even when they played a couple games missing 3 regular starters... that's not including the losses of Jones and Bryant... 

I think our  biggest issue is our OC and i think it's the issue that is actually holding us back... said it before, say it once again... the D has gotten better, the Special teams just had a really good game, they have had some good games, they have had some bad games but the O, the O has been terrible all season and even going back to last year... I think the problem with the oline is the OC's scheme. I think the OC is the biggest problem by far.... with a average O, we should have probably won 2 or 3 more games, but we haven't because our O isn't average, it's the worst in the league and that's on the OC and the OC alone... MB is done and i suspect next year we will see a huge improvement on O... just like Montreal saw a huge improvement when they fired MB. 

O'Shea can only release 1 escape goat per 6months. First it was Etcheverri, then it's Tracy, next should be Bellefeuille.

...I luv your informative posts M.O.A.B. and sometimes you make me laugh, and I can sure use that in this demoralizing season....'an escape goat'   LOL   I have a picture in my mind of a goat with a shovel digging under a wire fence...You sure hit my funny bone sometimes..LOL

O'Shea can only release 1 escape goat per 6months. First it was Etcheverri, then it's Tracy, next should be Bellefeuille.

...I luv your informative posts M.O.A.B. and sometimes you make me laugh, and I can sure use that in this demoralizing season....'an escape goat'   LOL   I have a picture in my mind of a goat with a shovel digging under a wire fence...You sure hit my funny bone sometimes..LOL

Lol. Sorry my 'Esc' key in my keyboard been bugging me since this morning.

I actually disagree completely... not that our talent is perfect... but we have some good players, and as we've proven in 2 games against Calgary, good enough to compete with the league's best...

I would challenge your last statement by saying what if we swapped coaching staffs with Calgary?... I think we would have 7 or 8 wins by now with that staff...

Another example.... Pat Del Monaco is a disastrous O-line coach here.... yet he looks like a genius in Calgary even when they played a couple games missing 3 regular starters... that's not including the losses of Jones and Bryant... 

We do have some good players, but look what happened when our starting qb got hurt... had to go dumpster diving and bring in someone from another CFL team. Look at all the receivers we went through trying to find one who could play when we had injuries to Moore and Adams, look what happened when Cotton got hurt, had to go dumpster diving again and bring in Walker. When 100% healthy yes this team can compete with anyone, but injuries **** this team hard. The depth sucks. Period end of discussion. 

We do have some good players, but look what happened when our starting qb got hurt... had to go dumpster diving and bring in someone from another CFL team. Look at all the receivers we went through trying to find one who could play when we had injuries to Moore and Adams, look what happened when Cotton got hurt, had to go dumpster diving again and bring in Walker. When 100% healthy yes this team can compete with anyone, but injuries **** this team hard. The depth sucks. Period end of discussion. 

Marshall is a damn good running back .. and he's criminally under used by MB .. the Walker signing was pointless.