Glen Suitor vs Rod Black

SPuDS

Suitor makes me wanna puke. Suitor "you get that in the red zone the green zone whatever you want to call it."

He has no clue want he's talking about.

I nearly spit out my Caesar when I heard that. But glad I didn't because my wife would not have appreciated a red zone on the coffee table. 

Bob Cole is the best play by play announcer for hockey, but Cuthbert is CFL footballs best. However, Dunigan is great for a laugh and says it like he sees it. Love him and Gord Miller.

20 years ago maybe but Cole is an old man now and can't keep up with the play, he spends most of the games now hoping that he is sitting in the pie. 

Yeah Cole is so past his prime, it's not even funny. He's got to retire. Sadly, whichever yahoo who replaces him won't be any better. It's just disgusting.

Bob Cole is the best play by play announcer for hockey, but Cuthbert is CFL footballs best. However, Dunigan is great for a laugh and says it like he sees it. Love him and Gord Miller.

20 years ago maybe but Cole is an old man now and can't keep up with the play, he spends most of the games now hoping that he is sitting in the pie.

Yeah Cole is so past his prime, it's not even funny. He's got to retire. Sadly, whichever yahoo who replaces him won't be any better. It's just disgusting.

You might be pleasantly surprised to hear Jets Tsn TV feed guy Dennis Beyak announce a game. He has done some Olympic broadcasts as well. The TSN Radio Jets guys Brian Munz and Paul Edmonds are good, very good.

But for football, I'm totally comfortable with Knuckles.

You might be pleasantly surprised to hear Jets Tsn TV feed guy Dennis Beyak announce a game. He has done some Olympic broadcasts as well. The TSN Radio Jets guys Brian Munz and Paul Edmonds are good, very good.

Big fan of Edmonds, I wish he would do the TV play by play for the Jets.

Beyak is better suited to a national telecast though.  He has that non partisan "classic" play by play voice.  Edmonds is great with his lines and when he gets excited.  Works best when you are doing play by play for a targeted "home" team.

Big fan of Edmonds, I wish he would do the TV play by play for the Jets.

Beyak is better suited to a national telecast though.  He has that non partisan "classic" play by play voice.  Edmonds is great with his lines and when he gets excited.  Works best when you are doing play by play for a targeted "home" team.

Edmonds - not a fan. Can't stand him, actually. His wordiness was great as a baseball play-by-play guy where you have to fill a lot of dead air between plays, but in hockey he needs to learn to be much more minimalist. He is usually calling "SCORE!" 4-5 seconds after the goal has gone in, and he is too homerish for my tastes. Those attempts at catch phrases also fall flat with me. Fortunately, I watch all the games on Jets TV, so unless I'm stuck in my car, don't have to listen to him.

Munz was decent if a bit excitable, not sure why they bumped him in favour of Edmonds.

Beyak is top-notch and, like Irving with the Bombers, can be professional and impartial, but still give that extra bit of attention to the home side without being an unabashed and biased cheerleader.

Cole is way over the hill. The guy is pushing 80.

Matt Downagain needs to lose his hillbilly accent. How long have you been in this country Matty?

meh. its his schtick now and id imagine he still spends far more time down south then up here..

I can't stand listening to Randorf call a game. It's like what I imagine the sound of paint drying sounds like.

My favorite football announcer of all time has to be Don Wittman. Loved his tone and passion. Plus, he was a Winnipeg guy, wasn't he? And yes, Cole is past his prime, but I still love hearing him.

Yes Don Wittman was from Winnipeg. He's the one who convinced Walby to be a color guy.

http://itvideo.me/watch/?v=NJNW-1TVcSY

http://youtu.be/3W7SbgP2_20

RIP Don.

Matt Downagain needs to lose his hillbilly accent. How long have you been in this country Matty?

You actually think how long a person lives in a country affects their accents. I lived next door to a woman who immigrated from Scotland when she was in her 20s. She's in her late 70s now and her accent hasn't changed in the entire time I've known her. My next door neighbour immigrated after WWII. Her accent is still so thick that I have trouble understanding what she says at times. I can't think of anyone I know with an accent who has lost it over time.

You actually think how long a person lives in a country affects their accents. I lived next door to a woman who immigrated from Scotland when she was in her 20s. She's in her late 70s now and her accent hasn't changed in the entire time I've known her. My next door neighbour immigrated after WWII. Her accent is still so thick that I have trouble understanding what she says at times. I can't think of anyone I know who had accent who has lost it.

My Dad is English.  Been here since 1971.  While it has faded somewhat you can definitely still hear his english accent.

My favorite football announcer of all time has to be Don Wittman. Loved his tone and passion. Plus, he was a Winnipeg guy, wasn't he? And yes, Cole is past his prime, but I still love hearing him.

Yes Don Wittman was from Winnipeg. He's the one who convinced Walby to be a color guy.

http://itvideo.me/watch/?v=NJNW-1TVcSY

http://youtu.be/3W7SbgP2_20

RIP Don.

Yep he was a pro through and through. They don't make sports broadcasters like that any more. 

I wish we had a single sportscaster in this country with the professionalism and gravitas that Don Wittman had. He's gotta be rolling over in his grave when the chuckle heads on TSN turn Sports Centre into a comedy routine. Ridiculous.  Man, that call of the Bailey 96 Gold still gives me chills.....and the call of Jennifer Jones "in-off to win" in 2005. Great calls from the greatest sportscaster....

Hail to Whitman! Yuppers, he lived in Winnipeg, on the street along the Assiniboine behind Birchwood Pontiac. It's not exactly clear, somehow I might be recollecting that he did the sports on local CBWT as well. If you'd run into him anywhere, airport, hotel, and had a conversation, before you'd know it, he be interviewing you. You be telling your life's antecdotes and more. He made you feel great about yourself.