It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

I was quite shocked this morning. Went over to read on Riderfans and was shocked to see some of their more sensible forum members now predicting a 3 game win streak starting this week. Saying it's the easiest part of their schedule? Not sure what these guys are thinking.

Denial is one thing, but even when their team is absolute crap these guys still think we are a free spot on the Bingo card. Can't wait for the LDC and BB sweep. Be even sweeter when Ottawa beats them at home too.

To be completely fair it probably is the easiest part of the schedule. When they don't play themselves then they can't use the "playing saskatchewan" as the easy part of the schedule. 

Not till the end of the year in my opinion. Pointless to fire anyone now, if they were gonna fire someone they'd have done it on their bye week. 

As much as I wish you were wrong, I'm afraid you are correct.

Taman may be safe for the moment but Chamblin's situation is far more precarious. Two back to back losses to the Bombers and he shouldn't bother going back to his office.

I was quite shocked this morning. Went over to read on Riderfans and was shocked to see some of their more sensible forum members now predicting a 3 game win streak starting this week. Saying it's the easiest part of their schedule? Not sure what these guys are thinking.

Denial is one thing, but even when their team is absolute crap these guys still think we are a free spot on the Bingo card. Can't wait for the LDC and BB sweep. Be even sweeter when Ottawa beats them at home too.

Well, technically they would be right.   It is the easiest part of their schedule.  It doesn't make it easy though.  

I actually think the Riders are a better team than us right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost both of those games. *shrug*

I would love to read your rationale behind this statement to be honest. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I just want to know why you are saying that before I decide if you're out of your mind or have some validity to it. 

I actually think the Riders are a better team than us right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost both of those games. *shrug*

I would love to read your rationale behind this statement to be honest. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I just want to know why you are saying that before I decide if you're out of your mind or have some validity to it. 

Obviously it's all because he's a super duper negatron  ;)

I was actually thinking about this the other day....

Other then a game against Tor that SK lost by 25 points and a game against Edm they lost by 10 points, 2 of their losses have been by 4 points, 3 losses by 3 points, and 1 loss by 2 points.    For a team that lost both their #1 and #2 QBs a couple of games in the season, to be a field goal away from 4 more possible wins / ties isn't bad.

The Bombers had Willy for most of the season, and even with Willy, the Bombers losses have been by 26, 1, 29, 30, 7 points.   While the Bombers wins have been by 4, 2, and 10 points.

I know it is tough to look purely at the score to compare the two because the score dictates so many decisions in the 4th quarter, but a couple of plays going the other way and the Bombers could easily be 0 - 8 right now while SK could have 2 - 3 wins.

QBing is now a wash between both teams (unproven rookies with maybe an edge to SK for having a bit more experience). Then consider how many blowouts the Bombers have lost in (with Willy) and how many games in which we were done by half time, and the games coming up against SK aren't guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.  SK has been in most of their games with a chance to win right up to the end of the game.  The Bombers have lost 3 blowouts where there was no chance for a comeback in the 4th quarter and some games by the 3rd quarter.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we lose both games against SK.  Then again maybe I'm just getting conditioned to the Bombers losing over the past number of seasons.

Other then a game against Tor that SK lost by 25 points and a game against Edm they lost by 10 points, 2 of their losses have been by 4 points, 3 losses by 3 points, and 1 loss by 2 points.    For a team that lost both their #1 and #2 QBs a couple of games in the season, to be a field goal away from 4 more possible wins / ties isn't bad.

The Bombers had Willy for most of the season, and even with Willy, the Bombers losses have been by 26, 1, 29, 30, 7 points.   While the Bombers wins have been by 4, 2, and 10 points.

I know it is tough to look purely at the score to compare the two because the score dictates so many decisions in the 4th quarter, but a couple of plays going the other way and the Bombers could easily be 0 - 8 right now while SK could have 2 - 3 wins.

QBing is now a wash between both teams (unproven rookies with maybe an edge to SK for having a bit more experience). Then consider how many blowouts the Bombers have lost in (with Willy) and how many games in which we were done by half time, and the games coming up against SK aren't guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.  SK has been in most of their games with a chance to win right up to the end of the game.  The Bombers have lost 3 blowouts where there was no chance for a comeback in the 4th quarter and some games by the 3rd quarter.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we lose both games against SK.  Then again maybe I'm just getting conditioned to the Bombers losing over the past number of seasons.

I think that's a huge part of it. I'm going to my 10th LDC this year and I feel like I'd be an idiot if I'd ever be surprised if the Bombers lost that game. I've seen some things there that I can't ever un-see. That being said, it really pisses me off to see how cocky Rider fans are about that game. Their team sucks. If the Bombers can shut Messam down (I know, easier said than done) and hold on to a couple of the picks I'm confident Smith will offer up, they should win that game!

What he said. Sums up my feelings almost exactly.

The Rider D has been awful all year. That said, other than Edmonton taking them out by 25 and Hamilton by 10, they have been close in all their games. With Smith at the helm, they've been under 200 yards passing in two of three. Under three hundred yards of net offense in two of three. Still we'll be playing a young QB and Labour Day is usually a horror show for us. I think we lose Labour Day but win the Banjo Bowl.

It all depends on our D. If we continue the positive trend and force some turnovers, we win both.

So the logic is just close losses? That doesn't fly. The Bombers first year under Lapo they lost a pile of close games didn't make the team any better. I ain't saying the Bombers are leaps and bounds better than anyone, but when you have lost every game this season and are down to qb#3 because of injuries you aren't better than anyone. Maybe they sweep the Bombers, certainly Labour Day is a historic win for them, but I don't buy the logic that they're better than the Bombers at this point. That just reeks of being overly negative about the Bombers compared to other teams in the CFL. 

To me there are two clear tiers this year.  Hamilton, Toronto, Calgary, and Edmonton are the first tier teams and the rest are in the second tier.  I honestly don't think there is any big difference between BC, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Ottawa and Montreal and any of those teams could beat each other on any given week.

Other then a game against Tor that SK lost by 25 points and a game against Edm they lost by 10 points, 2 of their losses have been by 4 points, 3 losses by 3 points, and 1 loss by 2 points. For a team that lost both their #1 and #2 QBs a couple of games in the season, to be a field goal away from 4 more possible wins / ties isn't bad.

The Bombers had Willy for most of the season, and even with Willy, the Bombers losses have been by 26, 1, 29, 30, 7 points. While the Bombers wins have been by 4, 2, and 10 points.

QBing is now a wash between both teams (unproven rookies with maybe an edge to SK for having a bit more experience). Then consider how many blowouts the Bombers have lost in (with Willy) and how many games in which we were done by half time, and the games coming up against SK aren't guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination. SK has been in most of their games with a chance to win right up to the end of the game. The Bombers have lost 3 blowouts where there was no chance for a comeback in the 4th quarter and some games by the 3rd quarter.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we lose both games against SK. Then again maybe I'm just getting conditioned to the Bombers losing over the past number of seasons.

What he said. Sums up my feelings almost exactly.

neg! you must show your work. no cheating!

;)

The logic I would go with would be Marve not being able to deal with the crowd.

They have a better offence and we have seen time where our o sucks big time.

I wouldn't be shocked if we lose both.

However... If our o line plays decent the Rider secondary is awful and I can see us chewing them apart.

Also stop Messam and make Smith throw the ball beyond 15 yards. His deep balls are atrocious.

The sad reality is that it isn't god for the league to see so many teams struggling. Regards of which team you may be a fan of I think we all want it to be competitive and for the CFL to remain stable.

I just want the Bombers to win

I want this tattooed across my back.....