It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

Wonder if the slow grey cup sales are because rider fans aren't buying this year...

Would think that most Rider fans would plan ahead of time and buy tickets right away. If they don't plan on going, they're probably selling them via resale.

Dildoe is a town in Newfoundland

Didn't know that. I assumed it was a dildo, like the sex toy.

Pretty good double entendre.

Wonder if the slow grey cup sales are because rider fans aren't buying this year...

Would think that most Rider fans would plan ahead of time and buy tickets right away. If they don't plan on going, they're probably selling them via resale.

Dildoe is a town in Newfoundland

Didn't know that. I assumed it was a dildo, like the sex toy.

Pretty good double entendre.

I could say that the team would be providing stiff opposition and very good in the wet, but that would set off a whole chain of bad jokes.

Amazed that Chamblin has survived this long. The guy is a horrible head coach. His huge ego & obvious chip on his shoulder have done him in.. The Riders BOD are equally as pathetic for letting things go on this long. But hey, I love watching the Riders lose. They're nearly halfway to my dream season... They go 0-18. 

Amazed that Chamblin has survived this long. The guy is a horrible head coach. His huge ego & obvious chip on his shoulder have done him in.. The Riders BOD are equally as pathetic for letting things go on this long. But hey, I love watching the Riders lose. They're nearly halfway to my dream season... They go 0-18. 

Let's just hope we don't give them their first win on Labour Day!

Winning a home Grey Cup buys you  a lot of leeway.  That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Taman is back next year.

Winning a home Grey Cup buys you  a lot of leeway.  That's why I wouldn't be surprised if Taman is back next year.

That's what I think will happen, but Chamblin's future is far less secure.

I don't think Lawless was wrong a couple weeks back... I think he said something about Taman wanting to Fire Chamblin and having to go to the BOD to do it... It didn't happen...

Lawless did say that if Chamblin wasn't fired, that the likely scenario sees a house cleaning.. Taman,Chamblin all gone... I'm starting to think that's the most likely scenario there. 

That team isn't young, they are getting old, they don't really have many young up and coming Canadians... Yeah winning a grey cup at home buys you some leeway but... really, that's a couple years ago now.... How much leeway does it buy you when you pretty much mortgaged your future for that 1 cup win.

Is the idea to win 1 cup and then suck? Or is it to be contenders every year? 

The riders will beat the redblacks next week....

You're probably right. That'll hopefully soften them up for the LDC and Banjo Bowl.

I'm not sure what I prefer... a completely dejected but probably motivated 0-9 team... or a slightly more confident, less pressure-filled 1-8 team...

Its another painful trip on the good ship Chamblin. Was a sell out but stadium was no where near full.

That's strange. Because we don't use paid attendance; we use real attendance based on who showed up. If it wasn't full, the attendance wouldn't have showed up as 33 427.

Were you there? because I was and always am. No way there was 25k people in there. I have zero doubt it was sold out, but there is absolutely no way there 33427 in the stands

I was quite shocked this morning. Went over to read on Riderfans and was shocked to see some of their more sensible forum members now predicting a 3 game win streak starting this week. Saying it's the easiest part of their schedule? Not sure what these guys are thinking.

Denial is one thing, but even when their team is absolute crap these guys still think we are a free spot on the Bingo card. Can't wait for the LDC and BB sweep. Be even sweeter when Ottawa beats them at home too.