It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

With Hurl seemingly getting better every game (and due in no small part to a better D-line), the pressure to sign Henoc is not as great as before. Its starting to look like we could live without him if we had to- and there is a real possibility we will lose out on him.

Yep...there's also a very real possibility that we get him. However, I agree with your point. As much as I would love the return of Henoc and hope the Bombers make him an offer he can't refuse, I am not terribly worried if we don't get him. Henoc, Brett Jones, Ben Heenan, upcoming FA splurge again....whatever. As long as we are spending every dollar to field the best team possible and pursuing high quality players when the opportunity arises I am happy. We will land some of them. Hopefully Henoc is one...if not, let's turn the page and get another great player or two with that money.

The Riders are 1-10 & playing Glenn. Why? If Dyce & O'Day were interested in the future they'd keep playing Smith & letting younger qbs get their reps as well but they want their interim titles to become permanent so they play the guy at qb they think will give them the best chance to win. Proof that giving people interim terms isn't always for the best. Glenn is 36 years old... he is not the future. I doubt he'lleven be with the Riders next season.

I bet Glenn won't be back next year but I dunno... at this stage the season is probably lost. Playing a 36 year old qb as opposed to a 24 year old one who needs the experience to improve. If I was a Rider fan I don't know what I'd want. Hope for this year or the future. The future isn't a CFL retread like Glenn.

One word Hope. Playing Glenn gives the Riders some hope this year. A few wins would go a long way towards getting the fans to buy season tickets next year and to get rid of the pesky interim tag. 

Gives them some hope .. puts them in a better position than they were .. but they still lost games with him at the helm this season.  Offense looked better .. but their defense was atrocious.

Montreal was suffering from the AC shock in the first part of the year but ended 9-9. Saskatchewan don't have the horses and are trying to make the Mike Kelly/Bishop experiment work for them. If Dyce can win some games he might remove the interim tag then hope to use next year to rebuild. When will they ever learn? You can buy short term success and that's what you get.

Dyce & O'Day aren't doing what is best for the team but what's best for their careers. All interim holders in any profession do that. Dyce & O'Day are on probation & it's all about winning to keep their jobs. I think trying to sell Bob Dyce as the permanent HC to an already pissed off fanbase whether the team wins most of their remaining games or not is going to be a completely hard sell. He may be a nice guy & the players love & respect him but most fans barely know who he is. Dyce always seemed to be the quiet, good & loyal soldier who never was talked about much or distinguished himself as an assistant coach rightly or wrongly during his time with the Bombers & the Riders. I think Rider fans want someone better known or more successful as a coordinator like an Orlando Steinhauer, who's defense is kicking ass in Hamilton as an example. Bringing Dyce back as permanent head coach, I just can't see it happening. 

What an awful, awful Rider team. Just an atrocious defence. It makes me grin from ear to ear just to watch the incompetence they are displaying. Gotta march the field with 40 seconds left in the game...no problem against the Riders.

And the mental mistakes. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Bob Dyce when they showed him after that time out was called too early.

What an awful, awful Rider team. Just an atrocious defence. It makes me grin from ear to ear just to watch the incompetence they are displaying. Gotta march the field with 40 seconds left in the game...no problem against the Riders.

Hate to say it but it was one of the best entertaining games I've watched all year. Back and forth almost all the way. Burris was a machine with over 400 yards passing.

When a QB who has to get around with a cane when no one is watching puts up over 500 yards of offence on your team the only thing you can say to explain it is the suckage. That error on the timeout sure shows the lack of mental readiness of guys on the field. Call a timeout when the clock isn't running? That would be like calling a running play when you're in a six pack. 

Burris got it done, and that's all that matters. Yes it was against a crappy defence but it was still a win. As a matter of fact, despite all the bile directed at Desjardins, he also has gotten it done where we didn't, and that is as much a condemnation of the Bombers as it is praise for Ottawa.