It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

So CKRM reports Smith got into a spat with the coaches, doesn't say a refusal though.

http://www.620ckrm.com/ckrm-on-air/ckrm-local-sports/12084-roughrider-head-coach-corey-chamblin-says-smith-was-benched

I'd be pissed too getting pulled like that .. he made a mistake while under a great deal of pressure .. happens to the best quarterbacks from time to time .. but he was one of the few Rider players playing with any sense of urgency.   What a gong show.

Puliing Smith and leaving him on the bench....when the other option is Tino Sunseri

Sticking to his "we go for the singles" time after time, costing the Rider tons of field position

All those pass plays from the goal line, with Messam dressed

Going for a FG, in the 4th, down by 23 points

Refusing to take any blame post game..."the players play, I coach"

Chamblin has completely jumped the shark....will be suprised if we face him, this weekend....

Priders screeching for Chamblin's head. Like losing nine games is unnacceptable ? He was still the same coach at six, seven or eight, lol

Yeah, we've been wanting him fired all season. This was the final straw though. We don't just want him fired at the end of season or at some point this season. After that game, we want him fired now.

Would have liked to see the RIders pick up this win. 0-9 looking for the first win on Labour Day while the Bombers qb situation is pretty crappy.... I've seen this movie before and I don't like it one bit. 

Doesn't matter how bad the offence on the other team is with our swiss cheese defence. When the receivers are wide open with no defender in sight, you'll be lighting us up.

The only way the Riders have a chance at this game is if their offence can keep up, which it didn't against Ottawa.

Would have liked to see the RIders pick up this win. 0-9 looking for the first win on Labour Day while the Bombers qb situation is pretty crappy.... I've seen this movie before and I don't like it one bit. 

The worst part is all the pressure is on the Bombers... none on the Riders... Riders have nothing to lose, their season is already lost, just go out and play... Bombers are more desperate with the playoffs still technically in reach... and the idea that anyone can beat the sad sack Riders.... I'm just glad I'll be in a bush somewhere with no cell coverage at kick off...

Actually, had the Riders won against Ottawa, it would have given them some degree of hope, but now going into the next two games, all they will have is an intial flurry of effort and if that does not pay off quickly, they will fold. The Riders have a dreadful defence which the Bombers (surely to God) ought to be able to exploit even with a crippled offence. Our defence should be able to smother whatever offence the Riders cobble together.

No excuse for the Bombers not winning albeit in a crushingly boring pair of games. The biggest challenge for fans of either team will be fighting back the waves of boredom and nausea.

The worst part is all the pressure is on the Bombers... none on the Riders... Riders have nothing to lose, their season is already lost, just go out and play... Bombers are more desperate with the playoffs still technically in reach... and the idea that anyone can beat the sad sack Riders.... I'm just glad I'll be in a bush somewhere with no cell coverage at kick off...

I disagree with this completely....  I find the Riders have much more pressure.   Purely from the fans.     

Bomber locals already have given up and seen this song and dance before ....    

As well O'Shea happy go lucky AWW SHUCKS personality has made our locker room soft and the guys have already checked out....

The Riders have the complete opposite where the coaching is throwing them under the bus non stop and the fans are going crazy.  

Way more pressure on the Riders to perform IMO.

But as 17to85 said... we've seen this before I fully expect the Blue to get throttled in Regina and then bounce back and win in Winnipeg.  

I disagree with this completely....  I find the Riders have much more pressure.   Purely from the fans.     

Bomber locals already have given up and seen this song and dance before ....    

As well O'Shea happy go lucky AWW SHUCKS personality has made our locker room soft and the guys have already checked out....

The Riders have the complete opposite where the coaching is throwing them under the bus non stop and the fans are going crazy.  

Way more pressure on the Riders to perform IMO.

But as 17to85 said... we've seen this before I fully expect the Blue to get throttled in Regina and then bounce back and win in Winnipeg.  

True, there is always pressure on the Riders... but I think there's more on the Bombers... a playoff spot is still within reach and these are games we should win... and typically don't

Priders screeching for Chamblin's head. Like losing nine games is unnacceptable ? He was still the same coach at six, seven or eight, lol

Yes, but a vote of confidence was given because Gary Lawless broke a story that Chamblin would be fired & I think that would've happened. The team panicked & decided not to do it. Chamblin's always been an arrogant guy with a chip on his shoulder. No coach says,"I don't play football. I coach football" is an excuse. Successful head coaches always take responsibility for every aspect of their team. He's blaming everyone but himself. It's over. I'll be shocked if he survives the day. 

Splitting with the Riders is simply not good enough. If we have any illusions about making the playoffs, we need to sweep the Riders and even then, its still a long shot unless Marve and Bellefeuille (if Bellefeuille is still here) stop looking at their prostates up close.

I'm expecting a split with both teams winning at home. Our offense sucks. Their defense sucks. Our defense is OK. Their offense is pretty good. Special teams could be the difference.

I feel like you have these mixed up.

Their offense is pretty good? I can't imagine you'd be calling our offense any good after giving up 10 sacks and scoring 13 points.

If we are the first and only team to lose to the Riders this year, we will be one of the two laughing stocks of the league and deservedly so. For the Bombers to salvage any respect his season, we cannot lose to the Riders, even if we beat no one else.