It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

As much as I love the Rider plight .. so much bad Juju associated with this thread ..  going to have to sacrifice something to the football gods to keep on their good side (and stay somewhere close to .500 on our season).

Did you know something at the time that we didn't?!?

Nothing other than knowing that 42 pages of gloating would eventually come back to bite us in the ass .. if it wasn't an embarrassing loss to the "Owen" Riders .. it was going to be something ..  karma (it seems) is a *****.

Looking forward to you guys helping us out of the owen category this year. All bets are off for labor day now with Willy out.

As much as I love the Rider plight .. so much bad Juju associated with this thread ..  going to have to sacrifice something to the football gods to keep on their good side (and stay somewhere close to .500 on our season).

Nothing other than knowing that 42 pages of gloating would eventually come back to bite us in the ass .. if it wasn't an embarrassing loss to the "Owen" Riders .. it was going to be something ..  karma (it seems) is a *****.

Looking forward to you guys helping us out of the owen category this year. All bets are off for labor day now with Willy out.

Willy would just have guaranteed a sweep of you guys in easy fashion. New QB just means it will be two ugly football games that we will win. I was looking forward to dominating you, now I will have to settle for mere victory.

BTW, Your defence is HORRID!!!!!

Even with a sore Willy we will beat em.

Willy would just have guaranteed a sweep of you guys in easy fashion. New QB just means it will be two ugly football games that we will win. I was looking forward to dominating you, now I will have to settle for mere victory.

BTW, Your defence is HORRID!!!!!

Our defence is worse than horrid. That only adds to how you guys will feel when you lose here.  (:

Seriously guys, the Bombers are 3rd lowest scoring team in the league and the 2nd worst behind only the riders for points allowed. But yet you have 3 wins because Drew scored points in those games to overcome what your defence has been allowing, something the Riders have been unable to do. The riders are the second highest scoring team. I like how that matches up with Willy out of lineup. Can the Bombers come in here and win for a second time in 10 years? Absolutely. I'm not going to lie however, unless your young qb's get it going and get it going quick it will be a sweep in both games. The riders are definitely as bad as our record shows, but we are scoring points every week, minus 1.  It won't be a 10-6 score. The riders will put up 25-35 points in Regina. Question is, can our defense hold the young qb's to less than that, again something we have been unable to do all year. Will be a great game as always, but I like our chances a lot better with Willy out of lineup. Hope you are all coming, have a safe trip if you are.

The thing is , the Bombers defence has been improving. For the Bombers is really does come down to avoiding turnovers. They turn the ball over it's bad news for them all around, they tend to give up a lot of points following turnovers. 

Turnovers? We are on the cusp of setting new cfl record for the fewest turnovers in a season. That's right friends, old record is 25, riders will shatter that as we are on route to a 5 turnover season. Just kidding, for sure with young qb's, turnovers are the biggest fear. Smith has looked good for us and then the ole pic-6 showed its face last week.

The thing is , the Bombers defence has been improving. For the Bombers is really does come down to avoiding turnovers. They turn the ball over it's bad news for them all around, they tend to give up a lot of points following turnovers. 

Turnovers? We are on the cusp of setting new cfl record for the fewest turnovers in a season. That's right friends, old record is 25, riders will shatter that as we are on route to a 5 turnover season. Just kidding, for sure with young qb's, turnovers are the biggest fear. Smith has looked good for us and then the ole pic-6 showed its face last week.

Hey Ripper, Got to admire your sense of humour under the circumstances.

:)

Nobody follows the riders and loves them more than I do. I have bled green since the day I was born. Its also just a game, its not putting food in my kids mouth or paying my mortgage. Not much sense in me crying about it all year. I'm far more worried about the price of oil, that does scare me. As far as the Riders, let the jokes fly, we'll be back. I'm not worried.

Nobody follows the riders and loves them more than I do. I have bled green since the day I was born. Its also just a game, its not putting food in my kids mouth or paying my mortgage. Not much sense in me crying about it all year. I'm far more worried about the price of oil, that does scare me. As far as the Riders, let the jokes fly, we'll be back. I'm not worried.

Odds are both our teams will lose to the Stamps in the coming weeks (assuming that Calgary team from Sat night shows up), and it's certainly possible your Riders sweep the Bombers in the home and home in Sept.  Combine that possibility with B.C not looking good right now and who's to say the Riders couldn't claw their way into 3rd place in the West by early Oct.  Maybe Marve and Smith duke it out for Western MOP.  Maybe Marve destroys everyone in his path after the bye.   :lol: who knows.  Lotta season still to be played.

Not looking forward to the upcoming home and home with the Riders. It's like a slow-horse race with the losing coach likely to be canned and too close to call. At the start of the season, who'da thunk this?

I didn't see us as a top team by any stretch but never thought for a second we would be 0-7. I thought we would be in the hunt with bombers and esks for second place.

Smith is getting better with every game and Marve should get a lot better next game, what with not barfing on the sidleines, having more than a half-practice with first-team reps and fewer butterflies in his belly. It all comes down to who has the highest ceiling and who gets there first.