It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

Smith looked much better then Sunseri or even Brohm.

I also will give him a break since they called zero running plays!!! He did adequate with what he was given.

Hard to run when everyone in the stadium knows the quarterback can't pass.

Even Suitor questioned it... They totally should of ran the ball to set up the pass.

Smith has the legs and the arm, he was making good throws. The guy has the potential and did better then he should of.

Sunseri clearly stinks though

Smith looked much better then Sunseri or even Brohm.

I also will give him a break since they called zero running plays!!! He did adequate with what he was given.

Hard to run when everyone in the stadium knows the quarterback can't pass.

Even Suitor questioned it... They totally should of ran the ball to set up the pass.

Smith has the legs and the arm, he was making good throws. The guy has the potential and did better then he should of.

Sunseri clearly stinks though

We must have been watching different games.  Smith couldn't toss a 15 yard pass on target without taking a crow hop, and no QB will get the time to do that often.  He doesn't have the arm.  He can run though.  He looks like a rookie version of Alex Brink.  The only way you're going to have a consistent run game with a QB like that is if you bring everyone in to block and fully commit to running.  No defense is going to respect his arm enough to pull their MLB or WIL out of the box.

The CFL's  "flagship franchise" is now the standard for dysfunction.

An incredible fall from grace in such a short time. And to think they fancied themselves as the 21st century Eskimos. Funny if it wasnt so pathetic.

You know no matter what the riders record is, who the flagship franchise is. Its funny you bring it up so often, does it bother you that much?

The CFL's "flagship franchise" is now the standard for dysfunction.

An incredible fall from grace in such a short time. And to think they fancied themselves as the 21st century Eskimos. Funny if it wasnt so pathetic.

You know no matter what the riders record is, who the flagship franchise is.

The Argos!

If Regina has the flagship then HMCS Roughriders is in for some cruise à la Costa Concordia. Within the next 3 years it will lose most of its linemen, experience quarterbacks, RB's along with many LB's and DB's. With all that happening who knows who else will want to jump ship? This with likely a new First & Second Mate.

Durant thought bubble: "Man I hope no Bomber fan copies this pic they are taking of me and uses it on a Bomber forum, that would tick me off ... it's so classless ..."

2015-06-28T034859Z_432307695_GF100001418

I think his thought bubble went more like this.....

" My team is crap, my season and maybe career is over.....so why is this piece of corn in my teeth bothering me so much right now?"

is there any thought as to why Taman hasnt traded for a new starter?  Is the assumption that he has tried but no one is willing? No one available?  Cap issues?  When is Ray due back?  Culdnt Taman sell the farm for Ricky Ray?  Or is the thought now that the season is gone so dont give anything up.

If anything these QB injuries might be their saving grace... They can claim you can't expect to win with the top 2 QBs out for the year... and say they didn't want to mortgage the future to trade for one...

Taman's not that stupid. Their season is over and everyone knows it. Right now, they're starting to think about 2016...saving their picks for next year...

The only way that Taman doesn't start parting with draft picks for aging vets and rentals is if the board guarantees him his job next year. Taman isn't stupid, and he knows that it wouldn't be the right thing to do right now, but more than anything in this world Taman is a survivor. He will trade whatever it takes to get to the magic number of wins he thinks will assure him that he keeps his job.

Anyone remember the 1st rounder for Zeke Moreno for half a season trade. Don't ever kid yourself....the first rounders are in play.

Taman's not that stupid. Their season is over and everyone knows it. Right now, they're starting to think about 2016...saving their picks for next year...

Well i hope you are right, they only need to win 3 games in a row and BC and Us to falter to catch up.. Its not like the all western teams are 6-0 or 5-1.

Concievably they could still make the playoffs if they suddenly start winning.. A QB would help along with some actual Defensive changes.

Do i think that will happen ? no.. They look cursed.. But they COULD turn it around and still make the playoffs.

Riders would have to go 8-4 the rest of the way to even have a sniff at the playoffs. Not gonna happen and Taman knows it.

Well at 6-1 last year, i thought there was NO WAY we miss the playoffs.. We will only need to win atleast 3 more games to make it.

I was wrong.. so wrong.

we were never 6-1...5-1.. then 6-3... then the losing really started... but your point is still valid...

The only way that Taman doesn't start parting with draft picks for aging vets and rentals is if the board guarantees him his job next year. Taman isn't stupid, and he knows that it wouldn't be the right thing to do right now, but more than anything in this world Taman is a survivor. He will trade whatever it takes to get to the magic number of wins he thinks will assure him that he keeps his job.

Anyone remember the 1st rounder for Zeke Moreno for half a season trade. Don't ever kid yourself....the first rounders are in play.

If I was betting, I'd say that the meeting Taman recently had with the board, they said "listen -- this year is shot, try and get the most out of what you have, but don't do anything stupid...we'll figure it out in the off season..." Nobody is foolish enough to start mortgaging the future in an effort to try and win this year, given their current QB situation...