It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

I went on twitter after the game for a bit, while i was in the bathroom and #riders was trending so i thought i'd check it out... It was kind of sad to read some of the fans thoughts, the same stuff they are saying about Smith is the same stuff they were saying about Sunseri last season, future star in the league.. I also understand fans like to  blame refs after losses and occasionally i'll do it too but... some of the tweets about the refs last night were insane.. sorry but offside is offside really, holding is holding, illegal blocks are illegal blocks... 

The sad part tho, it's the vets that are the ones getting all the penalties on every other play and 99 percent of those penalties are legit... maybe 1 or 2 out of the 22 they had were iffy but... 99 percent of them are called in every game. 

0-7 looks good on that fan base tho, it really does... got people jumping off already but then you got some pretty delusional ones who say they will still finish 11-7.

As for Smith, what i see is a guy who is similar to Marve, I see a guy who doesn't do much from the pocket but when he gets outside of the pocket and chaos happens, he looks good, i see a guy with not a good throwing motion (marve has a nice throwing motion tho), i see a guy who isn't good at making decisions out there, people can go on and on and on about their D but.. that pick 6 killed the riders really. 

Smith? I don't see it, i see a guy who looks confused and lost in the pocket and i think in order to be successful in the CFL as a QB, you need to be able to do things in the pocket and so far from what i've seen from Smith, he just can't do it. 

I just know it.  Their first victory will be on Labour Day.  It's been their plan since their first loss.  

...that's why a part of me wants them to win the week before....just to get it outta the way...

It is always hard for the Bombers to win on Labour Day and recently the Banjo Bowl. It will be extremely hard regardless what the Riders win/loss record will be and a Rider win before then will make it no easier for them.

Hope we don't but if we lose both to the Riders so be it. After having to endure the nauseating Rider fan base during their recent successful seasons, Durant's taunting of the Winnipeg fans after a Rider Banjo Bowl win, and this delusional farce they like to call "Canada's team", a Rider loss every time they touch the field looks good on that team and their fan base.

I will say this about the Riders... they don't at least look putrid and completely defeated like the teams we had under Lapo and Burke...  while they do collapse in the 4th quarter... they at least at all times seem somewhat competitive.  

Even with an 0-7 record they still are a better team then what we trotted out a few years back.  

That being said Chamblin is a complete moron to say that his current team is superior to his team that he had when they won the cup under him...

The Rider talent is better than their record, even with losing their #1 and #2 quarterbacks, so the chances of Chamblin surviving the next two weeks are very slim.  He may or may not be a good coach but I think the team has lost confidence and its time for a radical coachectomy.

The bad joke to end all bad jokes...

Q: what's the difference between a Rider fan and an elephant?

A: A Rider fan is green

Q: What did Ripper say when he saw a herd of elephants?

A: Look, Rider Fans. (He's colour blind)

Not sure if I should be insulted or just feel sorry for you. That's a bad joke.  Although you guys have upped your game last couple days. A few good ones here.

The bad joke to end all bad jokes...

Q: what's the difference between a Rider fan and an elephant?

A: A Rider fan is green

Q: What did Ripper say when he saw a herd of elephants?

A: Look, Rider Fans. (He's colour blind)

Not sure if I should be insulted or just feel sorry for you. That's a bad joke.  Although you guys have upped your game last couple days. A few good ones here.

I think that's the joke.

Basically a joke inside of a joke.

Not all is doom and gloom in Riderville as some of the fans are getting worked up over another Coach Firin' ...

2eb6ces.jpg

That's my high school year book photo. Where did you get it?

That picture is giving me flashbacks to the summer I spent in Estevan in 1990.  Those guys look like the mayor and the local doctor.

Not all is doom and gloom in Riderville as some of the fans are getting worked up over another Coach Firin' ...

2eb6ces.jpg

That picture is giving me flashbacks to the summer I spent in Estevan in 1990. Those guys look like the mayor and the local doctor.

The two best looking men in town.

2eb6ces.jpg

That picture is giving me flashbacks to the summer I spent in Estevan in 1990. Those guys look like the mayor and the local doctor.

They would place high in a Miss Saskatchewan contest

2eb6ces.jpg

They would place high in a Miss Saskatchewan contest

I thought the groom wasn't supposed to see the bride right before the wedding.

BC still isn't good. Bombers are in a race to finish third in the west. Giving up on the season is a loser mentality. Few weeks ago ppl wanted to see what Marve could Do. It's now time to see. Sucks losing willy but season is far from over. Sucks lots but it ain't over by a long shot.

100% right. You never give up and have to keep going. The season is always a work in progress. As bad as we have been this year, technically the riders aren't even out of a playoff spot yet. Obviously its a stretch. You have 2 backups that were at least here last year and are somewhat familiar with your offense, it could be a hell of a lot worse. You guys have 3 wins and the your D is showing signs of improvement.

As much as I love the Rider plight .. so much bad Juju associated with this thread ..  going to have to sacrifice something to the football gods to keep on their good side (and stay somewhere close to .500 on our season).

Did you know something at the time that we didn't?!?

As much as I love the Rider plight .. so much bad Juju associated with this thread ..  going to have to sacrifice something to the football gods to keep on their good side (and stay somewhere close to .500 on our season).

Did you know something at the time that we didn't?!?

Nothing other than knowing that 42 pages of gloating would eventually come back to bite us in the ass .. if it wasn't an embarrassing loss to the "Owen" Riders .. it was going to be something ..  karma (it seems) is a *****.