Who was the best coach for interviews?

BigBlue

"All is good... We are making good progress; we have better talent than last year ... No real problems and we are working on what little there is to improve ... I can't really single out one or two players as outstanding stars, we have a very nice set of players, none seem to stand out above the others ... You can't say we have any real weaknesses, we just have to make some adjustments to our schemes ... Before commenting on that I'll have to study the film but overall I am quite pleased with our team ... No, I can't say that any one play did it... We just played together better as a team than ever before ...  It wasn't an individual effort it was a team effort ... " puke, puke, puke, yawn, yawn,yawn,yawn, snore (listening to Michael O'Shea being interviewed by Bob Irving on CJOB)

This goes beyond "it's being handled internally".

Perhaps O'Shea is a better coach than we've had in a while but as an interview I am bored and frustrated about the non-statements and politically correct answers while saying absolutely nothing. At least with Mike Kelly I wanted to stand up and throttle the guy (not really but he made my blood boil).

Of all the Bomber coaches you've known who has given the best interviews? Who made you think? Who created the fan with real respect and honesty?

Who was your favourite coach of the Bomber's all-time?

Quotable......... .............Ritchie.....you could feel the media's typing fingers vibrate, as he spoke.

Enigmatic......................Ray Jauch....they didn't call this guy the Fog, for nothing

Other language.............Bud Riley.....like Earl Lunsford.......fluent in Oke

High wire act..................Mile Kelly....you never who would be insulted, on any given day

Upbeat...........................Dr. Jeff....who could simply sell sand to Arabs....

Over his head................Tim Burke.....who even sounded like it

Least inspirational.............Daley before games...., Burke after games

Worst pregame interview.....Daley.....talking about what opponents could do to us

Worst post-game interview....Daley....talking about what opponents did to us

I was just thinking about this the other day. And I was thinking specifically about Ritchie being interviewed from his office. My memory is failing... Was Ritchie regularly interviewed behind his desk or was this just once or twice?

He was interviewed sitting on the toilet while taking a #2 a few times. Guy was a legend.

Ritchie for sure but Kelly did make the coaches show interesting for 1 season

I agree, the coaches show has never been more entertaining.

For the most part, yes. I do remember one show with Reinbold after the Bombers had been soundly beaten and the lies were opened to callers. The first couple of callers pitched softballs, but the third one one tore a strip off Reinbold who was competely blindsided and flustred, leading to several minutes of "ums" and "ers".

I honestly think it's Ritchie but Kelly was a close second. People might not like the guy but he was Damn entertaining to listen too. You didn't know what he'd say next really. It's funny. We win that blue out game vs Hamilton and we would have made the playoffs under Kelly.

Quotable......... .............Ritchie.....you could feel the media's typing fingers vibrate, as he spoke.

Enigmatic......................Ray Jauch....they didn't call this guy the Fog, for nothing

Other language.............Bud Riley.....like Earl Lunsford.......fluent in Oke

High wire act..................Mile Kelly....you never who would be insulted, on any given day

Upbeat...........................Dr. Jeff....who could simply sell sand to Arabs....

Over his head................Tim Burke.....who even sounded like it

Least inspirational.............Daley before games...., Burke after games

Worst pregame interview.....Daley.....talking about what opponents could do to us

Worst post-game interview....Daley....talking about what opponents did to us

Great post some amazing *good and bad. memories there. Coach ritchie easily my personal favorite. His crazy nonsensical old man riddles spoken with genuine love of the game and respect for those around him just got you.