Rookie Camp Report May 29

I went to the first hour of rookie camp today.  A few random observations:

Garrett Waggoner was at safety the entire time.  He really stood out...he has lots of energy and is very vocal.  I see him as eventually a defensive leader on the team, a guy other players want to play for and lifts the performance of everyone around him. 

Addison Richards and Lavasier Tuinei stood out at the WR spot.  Forget about the Richards/Etienne comparison as Richards is a big solid guy.  And the hair is as impressive in person!

Childs dropped an easy pass in the short passing drills.  In the very short time I watched him, he came across as a guy who thinks he's already made the team. 

Brendan Morgan was at DB.

I watched the RBs for a while, as I was particularly interested in seeing Bradley Randle up close, but none of the RBs really stood out to me.  Buck was coaching QB handoffs when I was watching them. 

I noticed there was 6 QBs at practice today.  Not sure who the 6th one is. 

Mims is a massive, massive man.  I saw him standing next to Chungh and he made Chungh look small.  Mims was playing left tackle today and Chungh was in at left guard (Greaves spot). 

Quinn Everett and Jace Daniels were taking reps at center. 

I noticed Buck Pierce was a lot more vocal, compared to last year.  Buck was a lot more involved in explaining the offensive concepts, where last year that was entirely Marcel.  Looks like another step in Buck's development towards becoming an OC. 

No sign of Bob Wylie.  Paul Charboneau was coaching the OL. 

If Bob isn't going to be making it to any of the important camps and practices then I think we might need to look into getting a different OL coach; last year was understandable but this year I definitely feel that he should be attending all of the important bomber events

If Bob isn't going to be making it to any of the important camps and practices then I think we might need to look into getting a different OL coach; last year was understandable but this year I definitely feel that he should be attending all of the important bomber events

This might be a bit of an overreaction.

Looks like we might have gotten a good deal with our 11th overall pick. Still mad about Waud though... :)

Now when people mention Addison Richards I can't help thinking of that Simpson's Halloween episode where Snake's hair jumps on Homer's head and takes over Homer's body....

Killer_Toup%C3%A9e.jpg

watched receivers mostly today:

Richards looks solids and had him running deep a lot. Only dropped one going across the middle. He's already better than bastien.

Tuinei is a big target but didn't impress in the one on ones or scrimmage. Hoping not another Mario urutia.

The only big play of the day was robert marve threw a deep ball to Gordon for 40ish yards, defense was much better than offense today (which seams to be the case in every rookie camp)

Brohm looked alright, Portis looked pretty good-more agile than I thought.

Clemons looked nice during drills but didn't show much during one one ones or scrimmage.

Logan, gettis, millington, veltung all looked good but dropped a pass or two.

Reaves has hands but is still a year away from being a year away (from being a year away?)

Mims is the biggest guy I can remember seeing at camp, but didn't watch the oline practice--too boring.

Morgan got beat a few times but broke up a catch from reaves. Wagoner played well at safety and I think had a pick during scrimmage

Scott had a big run but I don't think it means anything during noncontact drills

Adams is a stud. Lock down during one on ones and scrimmage. No reciever came close to beating him.

Steed looked good too, made some plays.

Rookie Camp Summary:

-Johnny Adams could be our answer for losing Johnny Sears

-Addison Richards is not Jade Etienne

-David Mims is the biggest of all the offensive lineman

-Jordan Reaves is at least 5 years away

-Waggoner is a safe(ty) bet to be line(back)ing up somewhere in our defense early on this year, and he'll be excited about it.

-TUNEIIIIIIIII

Randumb thoughts on random reports:

Gbill's praising of Garrett Waggoner's abilities is not because they share the same name - Garrett. (maybe)

It looks like it will be Jordan Reeves' seedling who will be ready to play for the Bombers.

Hair does matter to sports fans.

Jade Etienne is still fondly looked upon.

Addison Richards is poised to become an NI dreamboat who can catch.

Mims is as big a lineman as his name is short to remember. And, he should have been around to block for Robert Mimbs.

The Bombers want Everett and Daniels on this team.

Buck Pierce doesn't stutter when he is yelling.

Why would we possibly worry where Bob Wylie is at this point?

A good secondary from last year is going to be better?

A Supplentary Draft pick may just work out nicely for the Bombers this year.

And a big thank you for any, and all reports. This will be remembered in your reviews later this year.

Rookie Camp Summary:
-Johnny Adams could be our answer for losing Johnny Sears
-Addison Richards is not Jade Etienne
-David Mims is the biggest of all the offensive lineman
-Jordan Reaves is at least 5 years away
-Waggoner is a safe(ty) bet to be line(back)ing up somewhere in our defense early on this year, and he'll be excited about it.
-TUNEIIIIIIIII

Is that a serious comment? If so why? And not just, he's too green. I want to know why you think it's 5 years

Maybe it's cuz calling someone a ridiculous name on the Internet is stupid. I dunno man. If you wouldn't say it to his face why say it here and if you would say it to his face, well maybe it's just me but that would make you a huge *******. I mean unless you are 15 or something then sure go ahead. But I dunno. I don't think you are. I find it pretty sad when grown men resort to name calling of people they 1. Don't know and 2. who the hell is Brandon really. You are nobody and you are calling someone who Is well he's more famous than you a ridiculous name. It just reeks of jealousy. Not quite Gbill jealousy of Mike but close