Esks trade Stamps to Als for Kenny Stafford AND FA Receiver Discussion

Jpan85

Shrug? You serious?

Stamps could easily come back this year and be a top 5 WR.

Sure. I could also win 649 this weekend as well. What's your point? He's finished, and has the worst starting QB in the league throwing him the ball. Duron Carter isn't going to be there to bail out that offence anymore.

Shrug? You serious?

Stamps could easily come back this year and be a top 5 WR.

Sure. I could also win 649 this weekend as well. What's your point? He's finished, and has the worst starting QB in the league throwing him the ball. Duron Carter isn't going to be there to bail out that offence anymore.

Do you really need to ask what my point was? I made it! It's that Stamps can still be a very good WR.

Yes I do because there's no evidence whatsoever to support that claim. This isn't Fred Stamps from three years ago where he was feared by DB's across the league, and he's going to one of the worst offences in the league - Him going there does not change this.

I'm good with entering neither of those sweepstakes.

I think Riders can't have both Green and Dressler. I kinda like Dressler in Blue&Gold.

But I agree that's there a cheaper option out there. I really like Ernest Jackson.

Chiles would be good too. I'm not really high on Ellingson.

Ya I think some people see the name Fred Stamps and confuse the current version with the all star version.

Stamps going to Montreal is very similar to Simon going to the Riders at the stage of his career he was win. He may make a play now and again, but in terms of being an elite receiver, those days are gone.

Dressler would be nice but I like this Ellingson guy as well. Great hands and a very deceptive type of receiver. To my recollection he didn't drop too many and can take the hits. I think we'd forget all about Matthews if we could sign him. Dressler is going to cost someone a lot of dough. 

I'm with Mike, Chiles and Ellington would be cheaper and likely more benefical to us.

Denmark/Moore/Chiles/Kolhert/JFG would be a nice corps.

You think having less talented players is better?

I think having a younger player with upside is better. Particularly if the money saved can be used in another area.

Good for Stamps..he deserves to be #1 somewhere, and in Montreal looks like he will be.

He wouldn't be here, but he sure as hell would have been a better option than Romby.

I doubt we'll first look to receivers in FA, but as a last second check-out purchase give me an E. Jackson or a Greg Ellingson please.

Makes you wonder why Desjardins wouldn't have done that and kept his star defender.

Still shaking my head over that one.

Funny how a guy has a down year and everyone thinks his career is over. We'll see. He led the league in receiving in 2013.... One year ago. Maybe he is done but I wouldn't bet on it. His production may have gone down because Bowman was getting thrown to 10+ times a game... just a thought.

Agreed. I don't think he'll put up 1300-1400 like he did in his prime, but I won't be shocked if he flirts with a 1k season.

Stamps still has some gas in the tank. Like someone said, the Esks decided that every third pass this year would be thrown to Adarius Bowman instead of spreading it out more among the other receivers so  it's not Fred Stamps fault. He could be a thousand yard receiver.

Stamps was a great receiver who had a bad year.  I expect him to bounce back in Montreal and hit the 1000 yard mark again assuming he doesn't get injured.  Edmonton wasn't using him so getting a younger, cheaper receiver in return is a good deal for them.  I'd call this one a win win.

This reeks of bracing for the loss of SJ Green....

I wonder if the Bombers will be in the SJ Green sweepstakes comes Feb.... or the Dressler swwepstakes.

Treat free agency like the way some organizations treat the draft. Try to acquire the best player available and then decide what to do with that person (keep or trade away).