Riders Hire Greg Quick as Their DC

Rich

Greg Quick eh. Interesting for sure, Montreal had a good D tho but most of that was probably due to Thorpe and the talent on the field, Not sure what this guys credentials are but i'd imagine, he's just another lamb for Chamblin to Sacrifice when things start to go south. 

Phillip "Greg" Quick is a gridiron football coach and former player. He is currently the linebackers coach for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. Quick served as the head football coach at the University of Chicago (1989–1993), St. Norbert College (1994–1998), and Concord University (2003–2008), compiling a career college football record of 48–112.

-Wikipedia

Phillip "Greg" Quick is a gridiron football coach and former player. He is currently the linebackers coach for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. Quick served as the head football coach at the University of Chicago (1989–1993), St. Norbert College (1994–1998), and Concord University (2003–2008), compiling a career college football record of 48–112.

-Wikipedia

Is it wrong to hope he ends up with that kind of record in Saskatchewan?

-Wikipedia

Is it wrong to hope he ends up with that kind of record in Saskatchewan?

It's expected. ;)

Two words...MEAT SHIELD

It's cute how all the Rider fans are talking about what kind of defence Quick might run. I can tell you what kind it will be. The exact defensive playbook that Chamblin hands to him when he gets off the plane and tells him to learn. This may be the biggest sham hiring of the past several years in Riderland.

I personally think that Chamblin will run the defence but he knows he needs someone to work with all the rookie talent they will be bringing in on a full time basis. The Riders DC will be more of a coach then a coordinator.

Confirmed in part by Chamblin yesterday. He stated he will be doing the playcalling for the defence.

I personally think that Chamblin will run the defence but he knows he needs someone to work with all the rookie talent they will be bringing in on a full time basis. The Riders DC will be more of a coach then a coordinator.

Confirmed in part by Chamblin yesterday. He stated he will be doing the playcalling for the defence.

I hope this continues the downwards trend of the riders.

I don't see how you can blame all the losses on the Defence considering the offence was horrible after durant went down.

on his mom.

I don't see how you can blame all the losses on the Defence considering the offence was horrible after durant went down.

on his mom.

Not classy.

Hmm, I guess I was wrong about the Sask media being a bunch of brown nosers:

Corey Chamblin envisions a defence that will confuse the opposition. Toward that end, he has allowed a confused situation to persist.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders' head coach has appointed a defensive co-ordinator (Greg Quick) who is not yet a defensive co-ordinator in the conventional sense. A comparable scenario was in effect during the 2014 CFL season when Chamblin periodically wrested control of the defence from Richie Hall.

This is progress?

Being that Quick does not have CFL experience as a defensive co-ordinator, Chamblin plans to do a considerable portion of the play-calling early in the season.

The blueprint calls for Chamblin and Quick to jointly formulate the game plan. As Quick becomes more comfortable with his new role, he will be empowered to handle more of the play-calling.

So it has come to this: Instead of employing Hall, the Roughriders have hired a defensive co-ordinator who will learn on the fly.

Along the way, Chamblin will be distracted by the play-calling responsibilities when, really, he should be more concerned with managing the game and the entire team.

The problem is this: Ideally, Chamblin should pick one role or the other.

But there is another problem. Chamblin painted himself into a corner by phasing out Hall without nailing down a successor who was ready to be an autonomous defensive co-ordinator.

Chamblin was therefore left with little option but to structure the defensive coaching responsibilities in the manner that was specified on Monday.

The relegation of Hall ultimately backfired. Even though Hall will almost certainly leave the Roughriders' organization, the status quo has been maintained - in that Chamblin will have an active role in the play-calling.

With that being the case, why not retain Hall and his expertise? All of this was so avoidable.

It was proved during the glorious season of 2013 that Chamblin and Hall can coexist even without being like-minded individuals with respect to the defensive structure and mindset.

Yet, Chamblin unnecessarily blew up the situation and is now the de-facto defensive co-ordinator.

This is the head coach, remember, who has repeatedly stated that he would rather not have a player performing two jobs.

Talk about a Quick aboutface!

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/football/roughriders-football/Vanstone+Roughriders+coaching+options/10724291/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

on his mom.

Not classy.

Because we're all such a classy bunch here.  :)