Etch Fired

Jpan85

My friend was telling me a story the other day when he took a trip to watch the Chiefs play. Their van stopped at Walmart in Rockford and I guess somehow they got on the topic of Canada with the checkout lady.

She said to them "hey that's cool, I used to live in Canada!" and when they asked where ... she said ... "North Dakota!"

Whenever I am out of the country and am asked where I am from, I say "Winnipeg" as opposed to Canada to see if they know where it is.  Once in Vegas the girl said "oh yeah I know Winnipeg, is that East Coast or West Coast?"  Once in Fargo, a cashier had no clue where Winnipeg was.  FARGO!  I was just in Bermuda and on a small boat for an excursion and the first mate had a buddy from Winnipeg.  I didnt know him, but small world.  He kept calling me Winnipeg from that point on.  Other people I met heard "Winnipeg" and said "Oh yeah, the Jets!"

What are the pros and cons of Benevedes?

LOL Mike. I see that American ignorance about our country still runs rampant. Back in the day I took out a girl from New York who thought that Canada was run by the queen. This was a girl going to college and it made me wonder if they knew anything at all about us. I don't think much has changed over the years. The imports coming up here (okay internationals) sure get wide eyed when they find out that we're not just some outpost near Alaska.

My friend was telling me a story the other day when he took a trip to watch the Chiefs play. Their van stopped at Walmart in Rockford and I guess somehow they got on the topic of Canada with the checkout lady.

She said to them "hey that's cool, I used to live in Canada!" and when they asked where ... she said ... "North Dakota!"

LMAO.

Buddy and his wife drive a semi back n forth to Texas... A guy serving them diner at a truck stop asked where they are from... They said Canada... Hes then asks if they have to sleep in the cab of their truck on the boat ride over.

LOL Mike. I see that American ignorance about our country still runs rampant. Back in the day I took out a girl from New York who thought that Canada was run by the queen. This was a girl going to college and it made me wonder if they knew anything at all about us. I don't think much has changed over the years. The imports coming up here (okay internationals) sure get wide eyed when they find out that we're not just some outpost near Alaska.

I like when I hear players be complimentary to Winnipeg by saying "I like the cold".  Uh...spend July in Winnipeg and tell me its cold.  Then go spend a winter in Buffalo.

Wow and it only took them a month and a half to do it.  Things still moving at the speed of light in Winnipeg.

I think there's a rule either spoken or unspoken that no firings, hirings or other team business is to be done until after the GC. That would be why nothing happened before then regarding Etch and Bellfieulle.

They have confirmed already that Marcel will be with the Blue Bombers next year; which I believe is a good idea lets make one change at a time not a whole re-build again.  Change the defensive side this year, maybe give the offensive side some room to grow.  Next year if it still doesn't work than change the offensive coordinator and hopefully the defensive side improved with the change.

Stickem, on 17 Dec 2014 - 3:02 PM, said:

While it is off-topic, there's plenty of ignorance that runs deep up in CA as well.  I've talked to some folks from up there before who didn't even know where my state was, and others who were in total disbelief when they found out it almost never snows in my part of the country.  True story.  Just saying though, let's not pretend here that this stuff doesn't go both ways.

Now..... back to weighing in on Etcheverry, I think we can at least all come to the agreement that these silly assessments of O'Shea being blindly loyal to the guy.  I knew they were not true and this here proves it.  Also, I don't think all our struggles should've been put on Etch's head, but his run defenses over the years have been the problem, and they reared the ugly head around again, so I think it was a good move.

I know a lot of folks here think Bellefeuille should go too, I think he rightfully deserves one more year here.  Yeah there were a few games where he probably made the wrong calls from the playbook, but I think a lot of people here don't understand when sometimes there have been good playcalls, but bad execution.  Also, riding the Grigsby horse early on this year probably hurt our O a lot more than we realized as well, but I think now that Cotton's the go-to man, we might actually see a more consistent and explosive offense take the field.  Bottom line, I don't think he's a perfect OC, but he's good enough to stick around another year.

So, anyhow, the MOS presser is on now......

Sounds like the decision was all MOS's......at least according to him. Lawless tried to bait him into the whole "Stopping the run doesn't matter" thing, and MOS says that was only an issue for media and fans. 

Says he wanted to make a lot of changes for next year, and Etch just wouldn't be able to believe in all of those changes, so they had to part ways. 

Bringing Bellefuille back because it would be detrimental to Drew Willy to change coordinators and make him learn a whole new system again.

So, anyhow, the MOS presser is on now......

Sounds like the decision was all MOS's......at least according to him. Lawless tried to bait him into the whole "Stopping the run doesn't matter" thing, and MOS says that was only an issue for media and fans. 

Says he wanted to make a lot of changes for next year, and Etch just wouldn't be able to believe in all of those changes, so they had to part ways. 

Bringing Bellefuille back because it would be detrimental to Drew Willy to change coordinators and make him learn a whole new system again.

O'Shea also said the new DC will not have free reign on player personnel going forward.  I wonder if he's talking about Etch not playing certain guys (like Sears) or him not wanting to bring guys in (like Ted Laurent).  Maybe both?

Stickem, on 17 Dec 2014 - 3:02 PM, said:

While it is off-topic, there's plenty of ignorance that runs deep up in CA as well.  I've talked to some folks from up there before who didn't even know where my state was, and others who were in total disbelief when they found out it almost never snows in my part of the country.  True story.  Just saying though, let's not pretend here that this stuff doesn't go both ways.

Correct ofcourse.  Theres also a general "I hate America" vibe from any Canadians that dont have a clue about the U.S.