Etch Fired

Jpan85

as per Lawless, names that will be in consideration for Etch replacement...

Barron Miles, Devone Claybrooks and Ritchie Hall.

Of the three ...

I think I'd want Claybrooks, Hall or Miles in that order. Claybrooks really intrigues me because if O'Shea wanted Stubler last year, he's probably going to be interested in the guy's understudy. That being said, a lot of talk floating around that Claybrooks is pretty set on staying in Calgary.

If I was a betting man, I'd say we end up with Hall.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is Stubler's last go along with Huff, and Claybrooks is the new DC in 2016.

Not going to lie I am disappointed in this news just because I was kind of looking forward to the absolute meltdown certain posters would have had on here if he'd been kept. 

Not unhappy from an on field stand point. I don't think he was as bad as a lot of people said, but I do prefer a more traditional defense so that should happen now. 

Wow and it only took them a month and a half to do it.  Things still moving at the speed of light in Winnipeg.

Cause it matters so much considering it's ******* december.....smh

Just goes to show the rampant dysfunction that still exists in the Bomber front office.  Power struggle for a month and a half over firing a coordinator.

Etch looked like a world beater early in the year, when our D starters were still healthy. As we suffered a ton of injuries and our complete and utter lack of depth was exposed, Etch's D *seemed* worse and made him look worse than he should have. Really unfair situation, and I feel bad for both him and his family, but such is life. As long as it's a proven-successful replacement, I'm cool with it.

Etch looked like a world beater early in the year, when our D starters were still healthy. As we suffered a ton of injuries and our complete and utter lack of depth was exposed, Etch's D *seemed* worse and made him look worse than he should have. Really unfair situation, and I feel bad for both him and his family, but such is life. As long as it's a proven-successful replacement, I'm cool with it.

I disagree. Your argument would hold water if last years Etch experience didn't play out exactly the way some of us thought it would. 

Start hot, other teams get film, then start getting earholed, and players begin grumbling. 

Sorry to see a guy get fired but thats pro sports. 

Does O'Shea have a relationship with Benevedes? Have they worked together before?

No. FWIW, they are both Canadian and from Ontario province. :P

When I was in NYC, a friend found out I was from Canada. "Maybe you know my doctor," she said. "He's Canadian."

Yeah right I thought. Like theres not 40 million people up here. 

3 minutes later, and not only did I know the guy, he grew up in Winnipeg, on my street. Played hockey together. 

Yep, I reinforced the stereotype.