It's being handled internally

BigBlue

O'Shea has done way more media than he's required to, as have Walters and Miller.  For instance, calling into 1290 once a week.  For some reason O'Shea's professionalism and unwillingness to stand at the podium and shame his players or coaching staff is a lightning rod for some.  Get over it, it's not going to happen.

Are we going to have a different version of this thread everyday?

Could not of said it better

You never seem to tire of being wrong and argumentative.

pot this is kettle, you're black!

Seriously you're just impatient. What's wrong with letting the team get everything lined up and making announcements all at once rather than doing what you want, tying the can to the coordinators and then hoping they can get someone they view as a replacement to take the job. As we saw last season wanting to get someone here isn't the same as actually getting them. The disconnect here is how YOU view the coordinators the team has and how the TEAM views the coordinators they have. Safe to say the team holds them in higher regard than you do. 

Seriously, I'm not being impatient.  They've had over a month to make up their minds on if they are keeping MB and/or Etch.  

It is safe to say that I think the coordinators need to be replaced.  If you think the coordinators are good enough, it's just another thing you're wrong about.  Keeping them = similar results next year.  Quite frankly, there are more than one OC and more than one DC out there who are better than the coaches we have, so there's no down side to canning our current guys to make room for replacements.  

It's also safe to say that I disagree with the TEAM's view as I fully expect them to keep MB and Etch and I want them to tell the fans what's going on. 

You never seem to tire of being wrong and argumentative.

pot this is kettle, you're black!

Seriously you're just impatient. What's wrong with letting the team get everything lined up and making announcements all at once rather than doing what you want, tying the can to the coordinators and then hoping they can get someone they view as a replacement to take the job. As we saw last season wanting to get someone here isn't the same as actually getting them. The disconnect here is how YOU view the coordinators the team has and how the TEAM views the coordinators they have. Safe to say the team holds them in higher regard than you do. 

Seriously, I'm not being impatient.  They've had over a month to make up their minds on if they are keeping MB and/or Etch.  

It is safe to say that I think the coordinators need to be replaced.  If you think the coordinators are good enough, it's just another thing you're wrong about.  Keeping them = similar results next year.  Quite frankly, there are more than one OC and more than one DC out there who are better than the coaches we have, so there's no down side to canning our current guys to make room for replacements.  

It's also safe to say that I disagree with the TEAM's view as I fully expect them to keep MB and Etch and I want them to tell the fans what's going on. 

statements like that don't make you sound like you're not impatient. 

then you do your usual dressing up opinions as facts that you so love. It's a classic post from you. 

Quite frankly, there are more than one OC and more than one DC out there who are better than the coaches we have, so there's no down side to canning our current guys to make room for replacements.

Why This Is Dumb: A Play In One Act

WBB: "Goodbye, Marcel Bellefeuille. We appreciate the grace with which you sailed through the Great Tim Burke Shitstorm of 2013, but we want to move in a different direction."

WBB: "Hey fans, you spoke and we listened! Bellefueille is history!"

Fans: "**** YEAH BELLEFEUILLE SUCKED! GREY CUP IS OURS SACK ETCH NEXT"

WBB: "Hello, George Cortez. Come be our new OC!"

CORTEZ: "That's great! But I think I want to see what's going on in BC. They've got a head coaching vacancy and I'm eager to prove I'm better than my 2012 season would indicate."

WBB: "Okay, buddy, we'll sit tight, just don't do anything without calling us. Love you bro."

Fans: "WHY HAVENT WE HIRED A NEW OC YET GET OFF YOUR ASS WALTERS YOU LAZY SLOB"

WBB: "Hey, Khari Jones, come back to Winnipeg! You could return to glory as our OC and you can work with Drew Willy again!"

KJ: "Oh man, I would love to come to the Bombers but Saskatchewan promised me they'd give six free Booster Juice trucks if I coached there."

FANS: "WE WANT A PRESS CONFERENCE"

CORTEZ: "Oh hey Blue Bombers, sorry to let you down but Montreal just fired Dinwiddie. You know how good the deli is in Montreal? That smoked meat they got? It looks like pastrami, it smells like pastrami, but brother it ain't pastrami! Anyway, I'm going there. Thanks for your interest."

WBB: oh ****

Fans: "BRING BACK TAMAN HE COULD AT LEAST MAKE DECISIONS."

WBB: "Hey Marcel Bellefueille, would you consider uh being our OC again this year? No hard feelings bro?"

MB: **** off

WBB crosses off the final name from their candidate list, sighs heavily, and dials a familiar number.

WBB: "Hello, Gary Crowton? Are you interested in returning to the CFL?"

There are some seriously good posts in here offering varying explanations on the co-ordinator positions and the shifting and waiting and shuffling of candidates and teams.

And you know what, they make sense.

I don't know whether some just aren't reading them or just have it in their minds what should be done, and that's the end of it.

Never mind, I think I know the answer to that.

More like:

WBB: MB, we're keeping you until the end of your contract so we don't have to pay anyone else to do your job.

MB: Great.

WBB: Send in Etch.

MB: Etch..They want to talk to you next,

WBB: Etch, we're keeping you until the end of your contract so we don't have to pay anyone else to do your job.

Etch:  Great.

O'Shea, Walters and Miller high fives all round.

Miller to Walters:  Better not tell the media until after the season tickets have been sold.

Walters:  Wasn't even thinking about it.  Fans don't need to know anything until we tell the what they need to know.

More like:

WBB: MB, we're keeping you until the end of your contract so we don't have to pay anyone else to do your job.

WBB: Etch, we're keeping you until the end of your contract so we don't have to pay anyone else to do your job.

Etch: Great.

Miller to Walters: Better not tell the media until after the season tickets have been sold.

Walters: Wasn't even thinking about it. Fans don't need to know anything until we tell the what they need to know.

You definitely aren't jaded at all

More like:

Etch:  Great.

Miller to Walters:  Better not tell the media until after the season tickets have been sold.

Walters:  Wasn't even thinking about it.  Fans don't need to know anything until we tell the what they need to know.

That's the worst rendition of hooey-toots that I've ever read.

But at least we know now about the voices in your head.

Again it doesn't have to be coaches; I'd love to hear more news about signing on our FA's that we want to keep.  Getting a hold of other possible players, hearing about those on our neg lists that we've been dealing with.  If we haven't decided on the coaches I am sure they are doing other work.  I too agree it's not an 8 hour job Monday to Friday dealing with agents for FA's or I would hope it isn't.   I just want movement, hearing of possible signings is great but I would much see these come to fruition it doesn't matter to me. 

Am I maybe being impatient? Sure call me impatient but then again Calgary has announced Huf and Dickenson plan, BC has already said what is happening with their coaches,  Ottawa has already made a decision on their OC.  Saskatchewan has already determined that hey we are not keeping Cortez.   We have even heard grumblings from the East but here in Bomberville we haven't heard anything.  Perhaps I do have a sense of entitlement that hey I'm a fan of the Bombers all year round, and thus like the other teams getting relevant news to talk about around the water cooler at work I am getting nothing.

Go a head and call it that but I just look around and a lot of other teams where we expected changes to happen the changes are happening, maybe some other teams like Edmonton ect might have something that will come out down the road but lets be honest here.  Some of those teams we also don't expect changes in the coaching staff so those teams really should also be announcing their FA signings ect.

It's not about a wailing press conference or feeling entitled or even a sense of satisfaction.  It's about the Bombers including the fans in the plan going forward to fix the obvious problems that kept us out of the playoffs this year.  I'm not talking about every little detail.  I'm talking about the big picture stuff, like which coordinators we'll retain.

Good organizations don't wait for the dominoes to fall.  They make the dominoes fall. They make decisions quickly and effectively and get out in front of the other teams.  Waiting to see how things shake out is the way to end up with the guys no one else wanted.  The Bombers had a 3 week head start on every team not called the Redblacks.  If they don't have a plan in place by now, they are incompetent.    

IF O'Shea/Walters/Miller have realized that coaching changes need to be made and have defined where they want to upgrade, there's no advantage to waiting to tell the coordinators or the press.  As soon as they reach out to prospective candidates the CFL community, including the coaches they want to replace, will know anyway.  As soon as management decides they need to upgrade a spot, keeping the old coach around 'just in case' is counter productive.  It's time for them to move on if they are going to.

If they've decided to keep our current coaches, which is what I suspect has happened, then call a presser and let everyone know.  If they've decided to replace one or more, then call a presser and let everyone know who's being replaced.  There's no need to keep anyone twisting in the wind.  If they haven't made a decision yet, then make one and let everyone know what's going on.

Yes burg, we know you think our team as an organization is a joke.. Yes burg, we know you think this team will never make a proper decision or do the right thing by you... Yes burg, we know you will only be happy when the team goes out of its way to be transparent and let the world know every little facet of it's functioning..

Did I miss anything?

Yes burg, we know you think our team as an organization is a joke.. Yes burg, we know you think this team will never make a proper decision or do the right thing by you... Yes burg, we know you will only be happy when the team goes out of its way to be transparent and let the world know every little facet of it's functioning..

Did I miss anything?

Yes Spuds, I know that you think our organization is the best and ALWAYS make the right decisions.  Yes Spuds, I know your happy with knowing only what the team tells you and you don't care about transparency.  

Going back to Royal Blue and the off season signings are good decisions by the Bombers, so you're wrong when you say I think that the team never makes proper decisions. 

I think the Riders and the Lions did it right.  Fire the guys you don't want and then replace them.  Assuming that the Bombers are going to fire any of their coordinators, and I doubt they are, then I think they are gong about it the wrong way.  If it was in the middle of the season, then you have no choice but to find the replacement before you fire the old guy because you can't afford to have an empty coaching spot for even a couple of days.  The same can't be said in the off season.

Did I miss anything?

Sort of.  He's not actually interested in hearing about how the organization functioning.  He really just wants them to say over and over that nothing is functioning.  It seems to be the only thing that could bring joy to his world.  I don't know why.

The Bombers winning brings joy to my world.  I don't want to hear them say nothing is functioning even once, let alone over and over, but that's what I've had to hear over and over in the last few years.  I want them to take the steps they need to to bring winning football back to my favorite team.  

Just because stuff isn't announced doesn't mean there aren't plans being made and steps unfolding. 

Keep in mind, its a Grey Cup year, which means a highly orchestrated, very expensive PR push. 

I would suspect they have made at least one if not more coaching decisions, and are simply trying to "time" releasing it to get the best media impact (or something.)

If we're well into January, when teams are back at work, and have the same coaching staff I'll be far less forgiving.  

TBurgs wrote:

The Bombers winning brings joy to my world.  I don't want to hear them say nothing is functioning even once, let alone over and over, but that's what I've had to hear over and over in the last few years.  I want them to take the steps they need to to bring winning football back to my favorite team.

Finally something you and I can agree on.   :D  :D  :D  

Quite frankly, there are more than one OC and more than one DC out there who are better than the coaches we have, so there's no down side to canning our current guys to make room for replacements.

Why This Is Dumb: A Play In One Act

WBB: "Goodbye, Marcel Bellefeuille. We appreciate the grace with which you sailed through the Great Tim Burke Shitstorm of 2013, but we want to move in a different direction."

WBB: "Hey fans, you spoke and we listened! Bellefueille is history!"

Fans: "**** YEAH BELLEFEUILLE SUCKED! GREY CUP IS OURS SACK ETCH NEXT"

WBB: "Hello, George Cortez. Come be our new OC!"

CORTEZ: "That's great! But I think I want to see what's going on in BC. They've got a head coaching vacancy and I'm eager to prove I'm better than my 2012 season would indicate."

WBB: "Okay, buddy, we'll sit tight, just don't do anything without calling us. Love you bro."

Fans: "WHY HAVENT WE HIRED A NEW OC YET GET OFF YOUR ASS WALTERS YOU LAZY SLOB"

WBB: "Hey, Khari Jones, come back to Winnipeg! You could return to glory as our OC and you can work with Drew Willy again!"

KJ: "Oh man, I would love to come to the Bombers but Saskatchewan promised me they'd give six free Booster Juice trucks if I coached there."

FANS: "WE WANT A PRESS CONFERENCE"

CORTEZ: "Oh hey Blue Bombers, sorry to let you down but Montreal just fired Dinwiddie. You know how good the deli is in Montreal? That smoked meat they got? It looks like pastrami, it smells like pastrami, but brother it ain't pastrami! Anyway, I'm going there. Thanks for your interest."

WBB: oh ****

Fans: "BRING BACK TAMAN HE COULD AT LEAST MAKE DECISIONS."

WBB: "Hey Marcel Bellefueille, would you consider uh being our OC again this year? No hard feelings bro?"

MB: **** off

WBB crosses off the final name from their candidate list, sighs heavily, and dials a familiar number.

WBB: "Hello, Gary Crowton? Are you interested in returning to the CFL?"

Don't give up your day job.

You get what you pay for. On an average you pay ****, you get **** and we have gotten our pile of it in the last while. Don't tell me any one OC or DC would not come here if the cash was there. By the way, where is Crowton?  Dallas? Greenbay? Good coaches have not come here because it was a graveyard it's because it was a nickel & dime store.

Just because stuff isn't announced doesn't mean there aren't plans being made and steps unfolding. 

Keep in mind, its a Grey Cup year, which means a highly orchestrated, very expensive PR push. 

I would suspect they have made at least one if not more coaching decisions, and are simply trying to "time" releasing it to get the best media impact (or something.)

If we're well into January, when teams are back at work, and have the same coaching staff I'll be far less forgiving.  

"

I would suspect they have made at least one if not more coaching decisions, and are simply trying to "time" releasing it to get the best media impact (or something.)" .... I don't think you can sit on announcements like we did in the good ole days ... too much social media leakage

We're less than a year away from pretty much leaking that we had signed Stubler as our DC - I'll cut the guys a bit of slack... As long as we have our coaching staff decided by free agency and that coaching staff includes a full time OL coordinator

hmm the perception seems to be the bombers have done nothing... but they have announced several signings and extensions already. 

Anderson,Neufeld, Leggett soon to be extended and i'm sure i'm missing one or 2, i have been away for a while, but... regardless, the team has made several announcements already. 

I dunno but it seems to me every off-season, these types of topics come around, it's like people forget how long the off-season is i guess and if we aren't making announcements every day or other day, we aren't doing anything, isn't tomorrow some try-out in vegas? Just cuz they aren't announcing things, don't mean nothing is being done.

Really don't care what BC or SASK or whoever else does, it's irrelevant really... Benevides fired? big deal, Cortez won't be back in SASK? oh well, he ain't coming here... that's all i know really. 

Don't really get why some really say the same stuff every off-season, haven't posted here long really, not years and years, but.. i have lurked and posted elsewhere and what i generally see in the off-season on these fan boards is the same stuff every year. From the same usernames even. Whatever i guess but really several of these topics about not doing this that or the other thing immediately after the season ended could probably be found in the archives section of these forums, because it's the same stuff every year. 

I don't think there are great number of fans who would be happy with the result of our management disclosing everything openly and honestly to them. I am sure that part of the reason they work behind closed doors is to keep the portion of the fan base that thinks they know everything but doesn't have a hot clue at bay. I really don't want our management to have frank and open discussions with the media and fans because I don't feel that either are fully equipped to fully understand what they would be told.

Really don't care what BC or SASK or whoever else does, it's irrelevant really... Benevides fired? big deal, Cortez won't be back in SASK? oh well, he ain't coming here... that's all i know really. 

Actually it has a lot to do with the other CFL clubs. Both in individuals that are now available (Would Benevides be an improvement from Etch as a DC?) and also in the size of the contract needed to secure a coach in the future. 

Also in another form do those open jobs hold any interest in current Bomber coaches. Everything that happens in the CFL has a ripple effect on the other teams.