Grigsby Released!

Noeller

As for why they didn't trade Grigsby ... here's what needs to be considered

Grigsby ASKED to be cut.

If rival teams were asked about a trade, the answer is simple - why would they give up assets when they KNOW the Bombers will cut him today knowing they wouldn't dare risk their reputation with agents and players by cutting Grigsby AFTER today which would render him ineligible to play in the 2014 season.

[sarcasm on] Asked and answered eh?  Well that's it then.  It can never be asked again, otherwise it's thought of as bitching. [/sarcasm Off]

I'd love to know what the coordinators have to say for themselves.  

It's not about the media having a right to know...

It's not good leadership for O'Shea to have to gag his coordinators in case they don't say the same things he would.  Good leadership is selling your managers (Coordinators) that you are on the right course and having them to sell it to their people.  Get buy in, and you don't have to worry what your coaches might say.  

In short you don't have to control the message yourself if your people believe in it.

So that's the way you would lead? Happy you're not the coach. Just because YOU think it is the right way doesn't make it so!

And one more thing... I'm sure O'Shea knows about the great game of "gotcha" that the media played with Tim Burke, Bellefeuille, and Goltz last year that pretty much cemented everyone's opinion of Burke as a clueless doofus and cost him his job.  I doubt that O'Shea wants to put himself in that position in his very first year as a head coach.

Except Burke confirmed himself that he was a doofus without any help from anyone  :)

And one more thing... I'm sure O'Shea knows about the great game of "gotcha" that the media played with Tim Burke, Bellefeuille, and Goltz last year that pretty much cemented everyone's opinion of Burke as a clueless doofus and cost him his job.  I doubt that O'Shea wants to put himself in that position in his very first year as a head coach.

He was a clueless doofus.

Nobody knows what really happened with Grisby and neither do I. I always felt it was not good when something like that happened to the player or the club. People can only speculate and tend to congregate around the majority point of view.

Now we will find out just how good the Oline is with someone else.

[sarcasm on] Asked and answered eh?  Well that's it then.  It can never be asked again, otherwise it's thought of as bitching. [/sarcasm Off]

I'd love to know what the coordinators have to say for themselves.  

It's not about the media having a right to know...

It's not good leadership for O'Shea to have to gag his coordinators in case they don't say the same things he would.  Good leadership is selling your managers (Coordinators) that you are on the right course and having them to sell it to their people.  Get buy in, and you don't have to worry what your coaches might say.  

In short you don't have to control the message yourself if your people believe in it.

There's almost no private or public organization that allows free media access to their employees.  They appoint a spokesperson.  I'm sure all of the leaders in the world are just terrible and weak.  I could be terminated from my job if I spoke to the media without clearing it through administrators, and chances are if I didn't have a specific reason to talk to the media, the administrators would handle it.  There is nothing wrong with the Bombers media policy.  The media have incredible access to the players, Walters, Miller and O'Shea.  When Mike Kelly tried to change the media policy and allow access to co-ordinators on specific days during the week, the media railed against that, they simply want what they cannot have, all of the time.

I want to see how Grigsby does in Hamilton. Lets say, for a moment, he signs there, and lets say, if he does, he runs for 150 yards on 20 carries and is OPOTW. What then? What will happen? 

For the bombers sake, and fans, here an elsewhere - I hope he doesn't sign on somewhere else. That would do more damage to this club than any tweet or twisted quote from a Wpg media type could ever do

I want to see how Grigsby does in Hamilton. Lets say, for a moment, he signs there, and lets say, if he does, he runs for 150 yards on 20 carries and is OPOTW. What then? What will happen?

For the bombers sake, and fans, here an elsewhere - I hope he doesn't sign on somewhere else. That would do more damage to this club than any tweet or twisted quote from a Wpg media type could ever do

I've seen Grigsby play and I have zero concern about this. Grigsby was not the answer. Glad to see him gone.

And here I thought the Blue Bomber Country Club was going to get shook up by MOS demanding accountability. Instead it's Grigsby who left. He wanted to go. 

What on earth does one have to do with the other?

I thought that the Bombers were trying to shake things up by showing the players no one is safe when they lose & that losing is unacceptable. Instead it was Grigsby who chose to leave. Why do I say Country Club?  Because MOS appears to not want to hold players accountable. Why else would someone with a pea size brain like Eljiro Kuale remain on this team?