Grigsby Released!

Noeller

The reactions by some fans on twitter is classic, couple days ago everyone wanted grigsby gone, now that he is, some people are upset about it.

I'll never truly understand this fan base at all, want the guy gone, 2 days later he is, and then complain about it? whaaaatttt

Sounds to me like the guy quit, he got benched and then quit.. benched for one game and then quit, those aren't the type of players i want on my team. 

The reactions by some fans on twitter is classic, couple days ago everyone wanted grigsby gone, now that he is, some people are upset about it.

I'll never truly understand this fan base at all, want the guy gone, 2 days later he is, and then complain about it? whaaaatttt

Sounds to me like the guy quit, he got benched and then quit.. benched for one game and then quit, those aren't the type of players i want on my team. 

This.

I don't doubt that the guy has talent .. needed to be refined and he certainly lacked as a runner in our system .. but he simply has no heart .. he quit when he faced a bit of adversity.  And let's be honest, his numbers this season are more a reflection of the number of carries he's had as compared to his peers.  Volume has allowed him to stay near the top of the league in rushing .. but even then .. he was steadily falling back to the pack.

You got some people saying they shouldn't have released him and should have traded him instead.. to who exactly tho? I'd like to know who the heck would trade for this guy.. nobody, BC's anatolin is better, nobody trades for below average running backs in the CFL. why do people think this? 

Well this is an unexpected turn of events.

I've been as close to a Grigsby supporter as you'll get, but I was pretty unimpressed that he was tweeting at all DURING the game. Let alone the passive aggressive shots that looked like a teenaged girls' facebook status.

Are there any football players left that know how to act like a professional?

That's just...dumb.  Seriously, if you're watching the game and see it isn't going well, isn't there a decent chance you're getting your job back next week?

These guys all have generous egos (combining them with twitter, a match made in me-first heaven) but there has to be some kind of realization that pouting like an 8 year old has a lot of potential downside.

I dont have twitter can someone post some cliff notes

I'm a Winner, loving teammate, and a proving player! I will not sell myself short I love my family & teammates to much for that to do so!

Who has time for egotistical quitters? proven player and a winner? Not from what I saw, yet here he is saying how much he loves his team mates which he's has thrown under the bus and quit on, you don't win with trash like that.

Grigsby was living off his performances in the first few games of the year. While the lack of production on his part was certainly not all his fault, his attitude is. What we are seeing now is probably the tip of the iceberg and his (former) team mates likely know a lot more. We weren't getting much with him in the lineup and probably won't suffer his absence too much. 

Next up: Kuale- another boil on the butt of the team.

some fun stats

Grigsby only had 1 game of rushing for more than 100 yards, that was the first game of the season 21 carries for 121 yards

his next highest rushing total was about 2 months and 1 week later where he had 10 carries for 73 yards

his last 3 games as a bomber 32 carries 121 yards

quite amazing actually, just having some fun here, remove his best and worst games.. and he has 131 carries for 615 yards... or about a 4.6 yard average, you add those 2 games (his best and worst) and his average is still 4.6 yards. 

That worst game i referred to, vs sask.. 10 carries for 7 yards.. his longest run that game was 6 yards so that means he had 9 carries for 1 yard. Thats awful. 

Another game there, 15 carries for 19 yards.. longest run was 17 yards... meaning he had 14 carries for 2 yards? seriously?? wow

I know you can't really do that but if you actually remove his one big run of the game, his average drops significantly, like it's tiny, probably about a 3 yard average per run if you eliminate his one big run per game, i know i know, can't do that but still.. it's telling really.

http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show/id/5261

I think he was just stating that benching him isn't going to solve the offensive issues.  That it's not just him out there running around and that there are 11 other guys that should be accountable.  He was probably feeling like he was being the scape goat.

Either way, whatever he meant, asking for his release was a cowards way out.

Well well well, sounds like Korey Banks #2 has been outed.  Don't be surprised if no other CFL teams pick him up.  How is he going to explain quitting after sitting one game to those teams?

A team desperate for a back like Hamilton might take a flier on him.

6 teams will make the playoffs.  All will want depth.  He'll land a job, maybe before the end of the day.

And he'll probably look better too, behind a better Oline.

Well well well, sounds like Korey Banks #2 has been outed.  Don't be surprised if no other CFL teams pick him up.  How is he going to explain quitting after sitting one game to those teams?

Or a team desperate for someone who can catch the ball like Ottawa may use him as a receiver.

You got some people saying they shouldn't have released him and should have traded him instead.. to who exactly tho? I'd like to know who the heck would trade for this guy.. nobody, BC's anatolin is better, nobody trades for below average running backs in the CFL. why do people think this? 

Anyone who thinks trading him was a possibility knows nothing about the CFL... that being said, I'm sure at least a couple members of our brilliant media have suggested it already...

Or a team desperate for someone who can catch the ball like Ottawa may use him as a receiver.

Haha!  Let's hope it's Ottawa!