Grigsby Released!

Noeller

I have never seen a softer running back than Grigsby. Yes there were other issues going on, but the guy went down too easily and left a lot of yards on the field all on his own. Now that it's shown what a piss poor attitude he has I am even happier that he is gone and dismayed that it took this long to pull the trigger. We are better off without cancers like that. 

I forget the exact wording he used, but he tweeted something over the weekend about how people need to understand a running back can't do anything when he's playing 1 against 12.

I saw that tweet. I recall a tweet he made earlier in the season saying there was no o-line he'd rather run behind than ours. Funny how things change.

You know what, you had a guy like Cotton and i'm not the biggest cotton fan, but... he has done all that has been asked of him, got sent to the IR, sent to the PR, told to sit game after game after game and while it did come out that his agent was looking for other opportunities, he stuck around on the PR and never really bitched or complained at least in public like grigsby did, I'm not the biggest fan of Cotton but i'll take a guy with his attitude over a guy like Grigsbys every day. 

Grigsby benched for one game, one friggin game and then quits? Good riddance really. 

Well well well, sounds like Korey Banks #2 has been outed.  Don't be surprised if no other CFL teams pick him up.  How is he going to explain quitting after sitting one game to those teams?

A team desperate for a back like Hamilton might take a flier on him.

Or a team desperate for someone who can catch the ball like Ottawa may use him as a receiver.

Well well well, sounds like Korey Banks #2 has been outed.  Don't be surprised if no other CFL teams pick him up.  How is he going to explain quitting after sitting one game to those teams?

Or a team desperate for someone who can catch the ball like Ottawa may use him as a receiver.

Haha!  Let's hope it's Ottawa!

It won't be anybody. I can almost guarantee it, Ottawa has 2 pretty good backs, that williams guy is pretty good and  i don't see any other teams picking him up.. who? maybe BC but i doubt it, there oline is as bad as ours. 

I've been as close to a Grigsby supporter as you'll get, but I was pretty unimpressed that he was tweeting at all DURING the game. Let alone the passive aggressive shots that looked like a teenaged girls' facebook status.

Are there any football players left that know how to act like a professional?

Agree with this but my one beef in all of this is that Grigsby backing up Cotton is like Willy backing up Marve.

Do we put down 6-12 as the final season totals now?

Glad the homie got out of a Bad situation, ain't no quit in that man!

Suber revealed himself as a braindead idiot earlier this season after he tweeted about him being benched because Winnipeg didn't want to play the best players. He just happened to delete it quick enough and it happened late enough at night for nobody to pick it up and run with it.

Except Grigsby ... who tripped over it and fell down before he got anywhere.

He's not wrong about being 1 vs. 12, BUT you don't say that publically.

But he kind of is, because at times the oline has given him holes to run through, all he had to do was run through a leg tackle or make one guy miss and he had plenty of yards in front of him but more often than not, grigsby couldn't run through that leg tackle, always seemed to get tripped up by those little leg tackles that every back in the league runs right through. I always thought Grigsby was kind of an odd one, on the field i mean, how? Well it seemed like he could break the tackles where you think he shouldn't, he could push the pile at times but.. the tackles you think he should be able to break, nope, didn't do it. The little leg tackles, the "shoe string" type tackles, never could break those ever. 

I have never seen a softer running back than Grigsby. Yes there were other issues going on, but the guy went down too easily and left a lot of yards on the field all on his own. Now that it's shown what a piss poor attitude he has I am even happier that he is gone and dismayed that it took this long to pull the trigger. We are better off without cancers like that. 

Agreed. Down on first contact, always. Slow hitting the (occassional) holes. I have been wondering what took Bombers so long to demote him. Now he's got an attitude to boot, buh-bye. 

Glad the homie got out of a Bad situation, ain't no quit in that man!

Oh good, another twitter warrior taking cheap shots at our team when they're down.

That's almost as tiring as losing to the Riders over and over for a decade. Maybe one day we won't be the easy whipping boy of the league.

I honestly don't think Paris will do much better, we play calgary twice and bc once, those are probably 2 of the best 3 teams in terms of run defense this season... but i hope he is given a fair shot, i honesly don't see him doing much because our oline is that bad but... if they give him a hole and he can break a leg tackle, he's already done more than grigsby, must be frustrating for the oline to open up a hole for a back only to see that back was tripped off in the back field cuz he couldn't break a shoe string type tackle. 

Of course he is claiming it isn't because he was replaced by Cotton.

http://www.cjob.com/2014/10/15/bombers-release-cfl-touchdown-leader/

At this point the Winnipeg Football Club has not commented on the decision. Grigsby did tell 680 CJOB he had a meeting with Head Coach Mike O’Shea and GM Kyle Walters but would not divulge what was discussed. He did say he spoke to several team mates who know the reason why he asked for his release but wants that conversation kept quiet. Grigsby did say, on the record, this was not related to the football club’s decision to start Paris Cotton at running back for last Monday’s 41-9 loss in Edmonton. “Correct. That was the organization’s move. They wanted another spark. Paris is a great running back. He brings an extra dynamic. He has fresh legs.”

Of course he is claiming it isn't because he was replaced by Cotton.

http://www.cjob.com/2014/10/15/bombers-release-cfl-touchdown-leader/

At this point the Winnipeg Football Club has not commented on the decision. Grigsby did tell 680 CJOB he had a meeting with Head Coach Mike O’Shea and GM Kyle Walters but would not divulge what was discussed. He did say he spoke to several team mates who know the reason why he asked for his release but wants that conversation kept quiet. Grigsby did say, on the record, this was not related to the football club’s decision to start Paris Cotton at running back for last Monday’s 41-9 loss in Edmonton. “Correct. That was the organization’s move. They wanted another spark. Paris is a great running back. He brings an extra dynamic. He has fresh legs.”

His twitter feed says otherwise. Reading between the lines on his tweets, pretty obvious he asked to be released because he was replaced by Cotton. 

Haha!  Let's hope it's Ottawa!

It won't be anybody. I can almost guarantee it, Ottawa has 2 pretty good backs, that williams guy is pretty good and  i don't see any other teams picking him up.. who? maybe BC but i doubt it, there oline is as bad as ours. 

Als are a possibility with Brandon Whittaker on the 6 game.

just scrolled through twitter real quick and I was quite surprised to see Lawless supporting the team for this move.... he tweeted this "Grigsby quit with 3 games to go. easy way out. tough guys stick it out to the end."

Friesen is trolling the club hard though .. so there's always yin to the yan ..