Grigsby Released!

Noeller

Hustler & Lawless reported yesterday that according to a Bomber "insider" Grigsby was selfish and essentially a locker room cancer. This backs up Friesen's article.

You can find no less than 100 post this year where it is stated Lawless is as useless as they come yet you use him to support a comment from another guy that is also considered a useless writer. A marriage of convenience.

I will admit Grisby's production went down the crapper. He might have been a cancer but until Mr. Insider gets a name tag I am not about to take it all as the truth. The reason his production went down is most times he got the ball the opposing dline was past our oline and waiting for him. The reason our QB is getting killed and our running game stinks is all on the Ol;ine.  Cotton had 31 yards on 8 carries and that including one of 15 yards. 

Try this: Find the Ottawa game on the PRV and skip to the plays where we are running. Jog until you are at the point where Willy makes the hand off. From there single frame forward 15 frames which will be half a second after Grisby got the ball.  See what he's looking at and tell me where's the hole he's supposed to go through.

"I am told he was a cancer" Paul Friesen

When this guy writes what some want to read he makes sense, if he writes something that might be true but against O'Shea the guy is a jack ass. This is so much Joe Mack. At one time when a word was said about his useless work all hell broke loose. It was always Great Guy, Great Guy. After he was fired people could not say enough bad things about him. And I am NOT comparing O'Shea to Mack.  It seems the cancer is always found after the guy has left.

How much sense does this make. Here you have a guy that is a cancer but keeps playing for 12 games though O'Shea maintains his team is made up of a great bunch of guys. He is sat for a game and then told he will not play Saturday at least. O'Shea on the news said he called him in and explained his options. He did not say he would cut him but his playing time would be adjusted.

Here is the question: Why did O'Shea not cut him when he decided to replace him? He had the chance to rid the club of the cancer yet decided to give him options? 

Some good reasoning here. But really, you're just proving that people biased about their passions.

Your question isn't all that hard to answer. O'Shea didn't have a better option at running back...quite frankly he still doesn't.

Try this, find any game, skip to the plays where we are running, jog until the point where Grigsby gets the ball, single frame it forward 'til you see the finger of the defender make severe contact with Grigsby"s shoe lace. At this point, i know what he's looking at…the ground, as that's where he seems to feel safest.

Look, obviously I'm kidding here, to an extent, and I have to acknowledge the obvious shortcomings of our O-Line, but c'mon, my dear old grandmother had better balance carrying a jug of beer while bringing the spittoon to the boys in the bar. 

My bank account has better balance.

There's a rumour that when Grigsby got his release, on the way out, he missed the opening where the door was.

When he found it, he stumbled over the threshold.

What do knock knock jokes and arm tackles have in common? Grigsby always falls for them.

This just wasn't a match.

Why should there be this much drama?

Guy quit on his time whilst throwing the team under the bus and there is actually people questioning it or even supporting grigsby here? For real??

The guy showed his true colours.. We should all be happy this came out now and not before he entrenched himself as our bonafide starter going into next season..

Hustler & Lawless reported yesterday that according to a Bomber "insider" Grigsby was selfish and essentially a locker room cancer. This backs up Friesen's article.

You can find no less than 100 post this year where it is stated Lawless is as useless as they come yet you use him to support a comment from another guy that is also considered a useless writer. A marriage of convenience.

I will admit Grisby's production went down the crapper. He might have been a cancer but until Mr. Insider gets a name tag I am not about to take it all as the truth. The reason his production went down is most times he got the ball the opposing dline was past our oline and waiting for him. The reason our QB is getting killed and our running game stinks is all on the Ol;ine.  Cotton had 31 yards on 8 carries and that including one of 15 yards. 

Try this: Find the Ottawa game on the PRV and skip to the plays where we are running. Jog until you are at the point where Willy makes the hand off. From there single frame forward 15 frames which will be half a second after Grisby got the ball.  See what he's looking at and tell me where's the hole he's supposed to go through.

Try this, find the games where he actually had a hole and hesitated to allow the defense to close it, or the times when he went down at an arm tackle, or the times when he managed to be in the open field and find his own blocker to run into.... Everyone knows that the OL got stuffed a bunch and there was no running room, the issues with Grgisby come from the times when he had room to work with and failed to capitalize. 

Try this, find the games where he actually had a hole and hesitated to allow the defense to close it, or the times when he went down at an arm tackle, or the times when he managed to be in the open field and find his own blocker to run into.... Everyone knows that the OL got stuffed a bunch and there was no running room, the issues with Grgisby come from the times when he had room to work with and failed to capitalize. 

Though I agree Grigsby wasn't 'the answer' - you still gotta face facts. Facts are, Cotton is WORSE than Grigsby. Cotton is more explosive (though for some reason Grigsby has this great 40 second time - 4.29 or something like that - that doesn't equate to 'game speed' though Grigsby made some nice YAC yards especially close to the end zone) but he also goes down on first contact, has an even harder time finding the holes, and can't catch nearly as well as Grigsby could. 

My issue on the 'defense' side of O'Shea - and I watch the Presser - O'Shea was asked 'what were his options' (earlier in this thread it was erronously reported that O'Shea was not asked this question when in fact he was) well I don't know how you guys define 'options' but to me options mean you have more than once choice. Grigsby didn't have a choice - his option (no 's' here) was O'Shea told him that he was sitting again Saturday in favor of Cotton because he hadn't seen enough of him. When MOS was asked if he wanted to release Grigsby he said no. When asked if he wanted to trade him, he said 'no comment'. So MOS, why are you using the term 'options' when he didn't have any.

See, MOS is starting to wear thin on me. Again, I'm not against the not dressing of Grigsby, but lets call a spade a spade here. Either MOS is lying about the 'options' he gave Grigsby, or he's lying about what the options were (as in PR or outright release). 

Something doesn't smell right here - and remember what they did to Corey Banks this year - had him fly back to Wpg, met him in a coffee shop (Tim Hortons) by IGF, and released him there. As Banks said (and again I could care less they did released him, I never wanted him here to begin with the guy was washed up last year) why did you fly me back just to do that and in a coffee shop no less. 

MOS is looking slimier and slimier (is that a word?) to me as time goes on. I just hope Walters is getting on his scouts now to scour the US colleges/NFL teams for PR RB's, cause we don't have any here worth anything.  

Lawless asks the first question... can you explain the situation with grigsby this morning and what lead to his release?? 

O'shea says he explained the role grigsby would have this week and then grigsby asked for his release

Lawless quotes chris randle, o'shea after a while says him and randle could be team mates, essentially agreeing with randles quote

Churchill chimes in, Why not a trade instead of a release? o'shea says no comment, nothing good can come of what he might say basically

What was his role going to be this week? He was going to sit this week..

Friesen chimes in, was the option of being released given to Grigsby? O'shea says NO

So tell me there Kptn Krunch, where exactly did the media ask what the options presented to grigsby were?

They didn't. They had a chance too but they didn't.. cuz after that last question by friesen they move on to talking about something totally different

They didn't ask what options he was given, they asked if he was given the option to be released and MOS said no

No where do they ask about what options he was ACTUALLY given. 

You can come to your own conclusions with the one game or the PR but the media did not ask what options MOS actually gave him.

Listen again closer. 

I'd like to know what the options were.  Someone in the media should have directly asked the question.  

My guess is that the only option was PR.  If O'Shea offered the IR, then Grigsby would get a full paycheck this week which means he'd be an idiot to turn it down.  

So it looks like we close the year without a running back. Ford was not the answer because O'Shea like a cancer more and Cotton didn't show he was so we have to start all over again.  And it took a whole freaking year to find that out? Great talent evaluators! You are right, I am pissed off. This is a business, not amateur night at the Dominion.

Though I agree Grigsby wasn't 'the answer' - you still gotta face facts. Facts are, Cotton is WORSE than Grigsby.

We can't say that until Cotton actually gets a chance to run with the ball. Against Edmonton he split time in the backfield a lot and when he did get the ball. Look at the first two hand offs to the guy, one was that stupid outside run they do where they give him the ball going parallel to the line and never block for him so he's met by 3 or 4 defenders before the LOS, the second the OL got completely destroyed and he was hit almost immediately. I think he got one other handoff in the first half. That's hardly giving your running back a chance to show what he can or can't do. Grigsby got 14 games to show what he can do. I am left with the impression that Bellefeuile just doesn't like Cotton because they never commit to using the guy when he's in there. Limited handoffs, giving him the ball running sideways too much. 

- The questions asked of O'Shea led the direction the answers went. If you want an answer to something specific…ask the question.

- Cotton, I would say, hasn't been given the opportunity to prove himself, one way, or the other.

- I agree, the options probably were: IR 1 game or PR

- Grigsby's decision was probably pre-determined, what with a new agent and all.

- Some kind of weird troll-like comments emanating out of Edmonton this morning.

Though I agree Grigsby wasn't 'the answer' - you still gotta face facts. Facts are, Cotton is WORSE than Grigsby.

We can't say that until Cotton actually gets a chance to run with the ball. Against Edmonton he split time in the backfield a lot and when he did get the ball. Look at the first two hand offs to the guy, one was that stupid outside run they do where they give him the ball going parallel to the line and never block for him so he's met by 3 or 4 defenders before the LOS, the second the OL got completely destroyed and he was hit almost immediately. I think he got one other handoff in the first half. That's hardly giving your running back a chance to show what he can or can't do. Grigsby got 14 games to show what he can do. I am left with the impression that Bellefeuile just doesn't like Cotton because they never commit to using the guy when he's in there. Limited handoffs, giving him the ball running sideways too much. 

Running backs seldom get a chance to put up big numbers when drives aren't sustained.  If the offence is in a rythym and converting downs then the ball gets fed to the RB.  If we're 2 and out all the time, then opportunities are reduced greatly.  And if we're down my 37 at the half...

On the marches down the field earlier in the year when the offence was firing on all cylinders, Grigsby might get 5 carries or touches in a possession.  And that's part of the reason his numbers have dropped - our offence is sputtering in all facets, not just the run.  Both Cotton and Grigsby would look better if we converted more downs like we had been earlier, and that's not just on them to do.

It seems Nic Grigsby could not accept or understand that the RB position in the CFL is the one of the most if not cruelest positions to play. Ifhis plan is to stay in the CFL, it will be no different. This 'bad situation' Alex Suber refered to in his twitter is misguided as its not a situation unique to our club, it's straight across the board.

Nah, the coaches not playing the best players and them looking to get out was the 'bad situation' he was referring to. Sitting Grigsby and Kelly just brought it to a head.

Actually that statement supports what I said. In the RB world of the CFL, it's 'what have you done for me lately' (i.e., not four games ago) and lately Nic Grigsby was deemed 'not the best player'. He didn't accept that. What I'm suggesting is this scenario is not unique to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. This is the reality of thge CFL. If Nic Grigsby lands with another CFL team, he will be met with this 'bad situation' guarenteed. If anything, based on CFL standards, the Blue Bombers demonstrated tons of patience with him.

It seems Nic Grigsby could not accept or understand that the RB position in the CFL is the one of the most if not cruelest positions to play. Ifhis plan is to stay in the CFL, it will be no different. This 'bad situation' Alex Suber refered to in his twitter is misguided as its not a situation unique to our club, it's straight across the board.

Nah, the coaches not playing the best players and them looking to get out was the 'bad situation' he was referring to. Sitting Grigsby and Kelly just brought it to a head.

Actually that statement supports what I said. In the RB world of the CFL, it's 'what have you done for me lately' (i.e., not four games ago) and lately Nic Grigsby was deemed 'not the best player'. He didn't accept that. What I'm suggesting is this scenario is not unique to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. This is the reality of thge CFL. If Nic Grigsby lands with another CFL team, he will be met with this 'bad situation' guarenteed. If anything, based on CFL standards, the Blue Bombers demonstrated tons of patience with him.

That would be correct except that O'Shea said he was starting Cotton because he was looking for a spark, not because he was the better option. I agree with what you're saying and Grigsby should have been nature enough to accept it but he wasn't.

My guess is that the only option was PR. If O'Shea offered the IR, then Grigsby would get a full paycheck this week which means he'd be an idiot to turn it down.

He could still get a full cheque on the PR. There's no maximum PR salary and the Bombers have paid more in the past in some situations.

Although I'm wondering if the 6 game IR was offered so his salary wouldn't count for the rest of the season.

My guess is that the only option was PR. If O'Shea offered the IR, then Grigsby would get a full paycheck this week which means he'd be an idiot to turn it down.

He could still get a full cheque on the PR. There's no maximum PR salary and the Bombers have paid more in the past in some situations.

Although I'm wondering if the 6 game IR was offered so his salary wouldn't count for the rest of the season.

PR salary is $700 per week.

Another angle I'm looking at it is....

Maybe (just maybe)  Oshea accepted the fact that Bombers is a stretch to make the playoff and decided to use the remaining games to get a look on the other guys hence they informed Grigsby that he will sit again.

This maybe the reason why Grigsby, said "who quit?"

Grigsby may have thought he has a chance to be picked up by other teams (and play post regular season)  did not accept what the Bombers have offered and chose to be released. 

PR salary is $700 per week.
That's the minimum. Teams can pay more if they want. Burke said one of the RBs was going to be put on the PR at full salary at the the start of last season.

Maybe (just maybe)  Oshea accepted the fact that Bombers is a stretch to make the playoff and decided to use the remaining games to get a look on the other guys hence they informed Grigsby that he will sit again.

Grigsby may have thought he has a chance to be picked up by other teams (and play post regular season)  did not accept what the Bombers have offered and chose to be released. 

While I think he could have handled it better, I neither pretend to know things I don't know or fault a player for choosing more money.  If money had become part of the issue, which I don't know or pretend to know, then I don't fault him for choosing to look after his family.  Although I still think he handled it...not well.

Totally goes against everything we heard about having the horses and just needing to execute better and needing a spark to get them going.

But in reality, a ******* dynamite enema wouldn't have cured their constipation.