Grigsby Released!

Noeller

@ChrisRandle_Ad: In regards of Grisby and him leaving our team; I spoke for my self, and myself only.

@ChrisRandle_Ad: He has his own situation and his own reasons for his decision. I respect him as a teammate and friend.

@ChrisRandle_Ad: I know he'll only do great things in the future. He's a great player!

I want to see how Grigsby does in Hamilton. Lets say, for a moment, he signs there, and lets say, if he does, he runs for 150 yards on 20 carries and is OPOTW. What then? What will happen? 

For the bombers sake, and fans, here an elsewhere - I hope he doesn't sign on somewhere else. That would do more damage to this club than any tweet or twisted quote from a Wpg media type could ever do

Even if there's an opening in Hamilton, I'm not sure Grigsby will get to it.

Chad Simpson was extremely overrated.

Agreed completely. Ability to have a big game now and again, but underwhelming overall IMO.

Really, I'd take his 6.0 average from 2012

Whitaker 4.5

Allen 5.4

Harris 5.3

Cornish 7.7

Other than Cornish, he'd be near the top.

Grigsby was ok, although I admit I was hoping for an upgrade in the off-season. However this just makes him looks selfish. Don't want guys like that.

I can't agree with what he did either but just the other day O'Shea scoffed at changes because he was trying to build something and not tear it down. There were better ways to handle this situation than having a player quit on you because of playing time, time which he had earned throughout the season. There is a big difference between losing your job to the next guy because he out performed you then to lose it for really no reason at all. Both players could and should have been on the roster splitting touches and may the best man win. Just very bush league that it even had to come to this.

Wait! The Bombers had a closed practice? What about the tax payers? Would some please think of the tax payers!!!!

And don't get me started on the RCMP closing practice, don't they know the tax payers paid for that stadium? Aren't they a federal agency funded by the tax payers too? My mind is blown that they would be so inconsiderate.

Grigsby was ok, although I admit I was hoping for an upgrade in the off-season. However this just makes him looks selfish. Don't want guys like that.

I can't agree with what he did either but just the other day O'Shea scoffed at changes because he was trying to build something and not tear it down. There were better ways to handle this situation than having a player quit on you because of playing time, time which he had earned throughout the season. There is a big difference between losing your job to the next guy because he out performed you then to lose it for really no reason at all. Both players could and should have been on the roster splitting touches and may the best man win. Just very bush league that it even had to come to this.

And there are guys who would accept the demotion, continue to work hard, be positive & do whatever it takes to help their team win.Maybe they're not  happy but they are true professionals. Not quit with 3 games left & still with a chance to make the playoffs. The guy is a selfish loser. Glad he's gone. We had a whole  team of these guys last year. 

The one and only reason the media is so gung-ho about talking to assistants... is because they were told they can't...

You ever listen to Irving on the pre-game shows?  Tossing puffball questions to different members of the coaching staff was his bread and butter until this year. 

Bob is a fan no question. But Knuckles is still great.

If grigsby signed elsewhere and had a good first game with that team, I'd probably be like yeah he did that here week 1 also, let's see if he can do it again and then he probably wouldn't be able to do it again. Honestly, Don't think it would mean anything if he signed elsewhere and had 1 good game, Problem with Grigsby here tho was he couldn't break that one tackle in the backfield, does that change elsewhere? It didn't change here, people can blame olines all they want and schemes and all that stuff but if you can't run through a leg tackle on one team, what makes anyone think he could do it on another team. 

Heard this discussion awhile ago on the CJOB pre-game show.  They were talking about how Grigsby was having a lot of success early-mid season as an outlet receiver until other teams caught onto it  and after that he was basically shut down.  I think the stats. back this up, ever since Labour day Grigsby has not caught a lot of balls.

The other day was like 2 weeks ago dude. The team is in a losing streak, change needed to be made. They made a change, a change most people wanted to see. You wanna keep doing the same thing over and over? It seems MOS is damned if he do, damned if he don't with some of you... people beg for change, we get it then people ***** about that change. It's crazy really. 

My real only problem with the release is we get nothing out of it and we still have to pay him since it was after the period of time where we owe the full contract.  I believe we could have traded Grigsby for at least a fourth round pick with some team.  It looks like Hamilton is definitely interested in him and he will do well there with the better offensive line.  They also have a chance at the Grey Cup this year considering they are leading the East right now.  Even a low draft pick is better than nothing that is my only disappointment with the release of a player who has potential and we have to admit Grigsby still is leading the league in a lot of factors.  Yes he's an import, but he is still worth at least a fourth round pick or the ability to trade up. 

Grigsby and one of our fourth's for someone's third or something along those lines.

Heard this discussion awhile ago on the CJOB pre-game show.  They were talking about how Grigsby was having a lot of success early-mid season as an outlet receiver until other teams caught onto it  and after that he was basically shut down.  I think the stats. back this up, ever since Labour day Grigsby has not caught a lot of balls.

With an effective running game and more threats in the long to mid-range passing game...this would not have been possible.  It's clear that teams are keying on sweeps, hitches, outlet throws et. al.  Basically anything where the QB gets rid of the ball quickly.  Early in the season plays like that were going for first downs and even touchdowns (eg. Denmark in BC).  Those options have been taken away and the Bombers can't really respond with anything because they can't consistently give the QB enough time. 

Grigsby is a rookie and unless there was a significant change in the CBA rookies can be released and not be paid. As for the delusion of trading him people seem to thing that people like Watson, Swiston, Grigsby, January and a host of others have value as trade paid. Why? They are not worth a box of tape.

January would have value but he's one guy we need to keep around. The only guys on the OL I want back next year are January, Greaves & Goosen. Neufeld is always hurt so if he comes back that's okay. If he doesn't who cares? No big loss.

January has been horrific this year and has zero trade value at this point in time.

January would have value but he's one guy we need to keep around. The only guys on the OL I want back next year are January, Greaves & Goosen. Neufeld is always hurt so if he comes back that's okay. If he doesn't who cares? No big loss.

January has been horrific this year and has zero trade value at this point in time.

I don't think he's even been close to horrific. Others have but not him.

I've read/heard that he's been injured for most of the season though. He's been pretty good the last few seasons, so I believe there must be something up for him to be so bad this year.

Grigsby is a rookie and unless there was a significant change in the CBA rookies can be released and not be paid. As for the delusion of trading him people seem to thing that people like Watson, Swiston, Grigsby, January and a host of others have value as trade paid. Why? They are not worth a box of tape.

That's another good point, most rookies are smart enough to shut up and eat their corn flakes, happy in the fact that they're getting paid to play football.  Better yet if the coach asks you not to play but you're still getting paid.