Bombers holding secret practices

gbill2004

Moreover, the stealth on-field exercises are also occurring on a Bombers team that under O'Shea already has the most restrictive media-access policy in the nine-team CFL. The Bombers are the only team in the league that never allow media access to any of the team's assistant coaches.

Is that true?

Yes it is.  O'Shea stated at the beginning that all the media has to go through him, his assistants aren't allowed to speak to the media.  I actually like that personally.

What's amusing about it, is that Montreal did it last year, and I believe another team did as well but I can't recall who. Clowns like Wiecek act like it's never happened before. Welcome to professional football Paul. If he doesn't like it he can go back to covering the Downs.

Calgary I think.

More amusing for me is the main reason guys like Friesen want access to assistants is the hope that they can get them to say something they can cause a shitstorm about.  It's kind of like a 9 year old trying to get a cookie - asking both parents doubles his chances of getting what he wants.

What a nasty little weasel Wiecek is.  Here is the press conference were O'Shea addresses the issue of these "stealth" practices.

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/102629

From the sound of the voice asking the questions I believe it's Lawless but nonetheless O'Shea answers all of his questions openly and honestly.

This article is like a declaration of war.  I guess Wiecek is unhappy that he has to do some actual work to have anything to report.

One of my favourite things is when the media says "oh no, it's not that we care, but we represent the FANS, you see, and we're their voice. They deserve better so we need to be their voice..." meanwhile no fan anywhere ever is concerned with this. But man, you try and keep something from a media member, they're on you like stink...

What a nasty little weasel Wiecek is.  Here is the press conference were O'Shea addresses the issue of these "stealth" practices.

From the sound of the voice asking the questions I believe it's Lawless but nonetheless O'Shea answers all of his questions openly and honestly.

This article is like a declaration of war.  I guess Wiecek is unhappy that he has to do some actual work to have anything to report.

I think I just threw up in my mouth after watching that video...fricking Wiecek...

**** the media.

This is continual whining and BS and I freaking hope someone from the Bombers tells them to stuff it.

Have you guys ever walked by the group of them at camp or practice?  They talk amongst themselves, check their phones...and occasionally turn their heads to the field.  Better yet, when they do pay attention, half of them aren't able to understand exactly what's going on.  I get better reports from MBBers.

Oh, and cut out this crap meme that the taxpayer gets to be informed of everything and have a say in decisions.  I hate when people tell me that.  Yes tax dollars went to the stadium, no you do not get to decide how to run the Bombers.  

At some point Wiecek will probably write that the Bombers should develop a phone app so we can all vote on every play call.  'Cause, you know, TAX DOLLARS and such.

Lawless does ask a lot of the zero day questions and I think the other voice must be Sir Paul.

Not that I want to post in yet another "flagged" thread about complaints about complaints of the media - I think I'm beyawn that.

Lawless does ask a lot of the zero day questions and I think the other voice must be Sir Paul.

Not that I want to post in yet another "flagged" thread about complaints about complaints of the media - I think I'm beyawn that.

This thread isn't a complaint thread about the media.  It's a thread about the Bombers holding secret practises.

Problem is that everyone is so overwhelmed by how dumb and poorly written the article is it's impossible to ignore.  Even the rider fan reads it and goes "seriously, wtf?"

Moreover, the stealth on-field exercises are also occurring on a Bombers team that under O'Shea already has the most restrictive media-access policy in the nine-team CFL. The Bombers are the only team in the league that never allow media access to any of the team's assistant coaches.

Is that true?

Yes it is.  O'Shea stated at the beginning that all the media has to go through him, his assistants aren't allowed to speak to the media.  I actually like that personally.

But I don't think the Bombers overall media policies are the most restrictive. The Edmonton media was bellyaching about not being allowed in the dressing room earlier this season and has had other complaints as well. It's just our media that thinks they have it worse than others because they like to complain more.

I also don't think the Bombers are the only team whose assistants aren't allowed to speak to the media.

It's hilarious that the folks who tell me not to read these threads can't follow their own advice and not read the newspapers. :D

I would think the difference is that this message board's basic purpose is to talk about the team, the articles, and by extension the press.

Where as you decided to call those posters out directly for doing pretty much exactly why this message board exists.

As far as I know you aren't part of the Winnipeg media, so why do you care if people complain about it.

I think the roughly 80 million or so dollars that the Bombers are paying into the stadium buys them a secret practice a week. Yes, taxpayer money also went into the stadium but if my recollection is correct the majority of that stadium is being paid for by the Bombers. The province was just "the bank" for most of the money. If my bank told me I need to inform their board of directors everytime I took a crap in my bathroom because they hold the mortgage I would think they were insane. Yet, that seems to be the point that Wiecek was trying to be incensed about. That's a new kind of crazy.

"You can't use the stadium you are paying 4-5 million dollars a year for without telling anyone." I wonder if Wiecek realizes how unbelievably stupid that sounds.

It's hilarious that the folks who tell me not to read these threads can't follow their own advice and not read the newspapers. :D

I would think the difference is that this message board's basic purpose is to talk about the team, the articles, and by extension the press.

Where as you decided to call those posters out directly for doing pretty much exactly why this message board exists.

As far as I know you aren't part of the Winnipeg media, so why do you care if people complain about it.

Careful - Using logic may cause his brain to explode.

Is that true?

I don't mean to bring up bad memories from 2009 but... I find it funny that when Mike Kelly tried to change things so that the HC would meet with the media certain days and other days the assistants would take turns, the media were all up in arms because they didn't want to talk to assistants, they wanted to talk to the HC. Now there are complaining that they can't talk to assistants when the HC is available to them pretty much every day.