Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

The receivers aren't even in the top three of Bomber's problem areas this season in fact talent wise as a group I would arguably rate them in the top 2-3 in the league.  If the Bombers can get their running game in order I predict Willy will surpass Ray in passing yards this season, it's just a matter of providing him with a few seconds more to progress through his reads.

I am not sure if I can agree with that... I think we've got an OK group of receivers but top 2 or 3? I dunno. If everyone is healthy I probably put Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton and BC ahead of Winnipeg. 

The receivers aren't even in the top three of Bomber's problem areas this season in fact talent wise as a group I would arguably rate them in the top 2-3 in the league.  If the Bombers can get their running game in order I predict Willy will surpass Ray in passing yards this season, it's just a matter of providing him with a few seconds more to progress through his reads.

I am not sure if I can agree with that... I think we've got an OK group of receivers but top 2 or 3? I dunno. If everyone is healthy I probably put Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton and BC ahead of Winnipeg. 

Gotta agree here. We still don't have that killer guy - a Fred Stamps (when he was good), a Mervyn Fernandez, a Milt Stegall. I was hoping Moore, and he's good but he doesn't strike fear into anyone. Until we get one we won't be in the top 5 no matter how many 'decent' guys we get. 

Dressler,Denmark, Moore would put us right up top on that list of teams with elite receivers. 

absolutely. you add someone at the level of a Dressler and I'd have no problems calling the Bombers receivers tops in the league. 

IMO Dressler is over-hyped, over-rated and soon to be over-paid.  His biggest season was 2012 when he gained 1,206 yards and most seasons he's right around 1,000 yards.  He does not rank with CFL greats such as Steegal, Simon or Allan Pitts. 

Dressler will probably head back to ReChina, being familiar with the team and system and really, who can blame him?

Ottawa? big money? We've seen how that worked already for the RBs…not to be pointed out as a model that works.

Winnipeg? Two big money receivers? Not likely. 'Tis be nice to dream I guess, but are we just one receiver away from it all?….or can we spend that money more wisely?

Dressler,Denmark, Moore would put us right up top on that list of teams with elite receivers. 

absolutely. you add someone at the level of a Dressler and I'd have no problems calling the Bombers receivers tops in the league. 

IMO Dressler is over-hyped, over-rated and soon to be over-paid.  His biggest season was 2012 when he gained 1,206 yards and most seasons he's right around 1,000 yards.  He does not rank with CFL greats such as Steegal, Simon or Allan Pitts. 

And he's 5'8". 

Calling Dressler over rated, and making spelling errors in two out of the three greatest receivers to ever play the game is about all that needs to be said about the above post...

Dressler runs fantastic routes, he has deceptive speed, makes catches in traffic, and he runs a tremendous corner route (which Willy happens to LOVE throwing in the endzone). He'd be a great addition to the team.

Calling Dressler over rated, and making spelling errors in two out of the three greatest receivers to ever play the game is about all that needs to be said about the above post...

Dressler runs fantastic routes, he has deceptive speed, makes catches in traffic, and he runs a tremendous corner route (which Willy happens to LOVE throwing in the endzone). He'd be a great addition to the team.

Pretty sure using the 3 greatest players at their position in league history is not where the bar needs to be set before signing someone either.

if the bar you're setting is 3 of the best ever, then no **** he's not at that level, no one playing in the CFL currently is.

Dressler is absolutely clutch too. How many game-winning TDs has he caught in his time? How many big catches has he made at critical times? It seems like every time the Riders needed a big play they'd lean on Dressler.

Also: what is with that corner route that Willy always throws in the red zone? I think it's worked twice in nine games, and I think the receiver both times was Cory Watson. Getting to be really predictable, and if I can see it then it must be really bleeding obvious to people who know stuff.

Good catch moderators, you're on the ball! :rolleyes:

Dressler is absolutely clutch too. How many game-winning TDs has he caught in his time? How many big catches has he made at critical times? It seems like every time the Riders needed a big play they'd lean on Dressler.

Also: what is with that corner route that Willy always throws in the red zone? I think it's worked twice in nine games, and I think the receiver both times was Cory Watson. Getting to be really predictable, and if I can see it then it must be really bleeding obvious to people who know stuff.

If Dressler (or Moore) can find some rhythm on that corner fade, the bombers are a truly scary team... until that happens, we're in tough in the red zone - Willy has a tough time with that one.

If SJ Green is apparently available maybe we should make a play for him? Although I doubt we'd be willing to give up much with Chris Matthews likely to return soon.

I would rather have SJ Green than Chris "I'm injured again" Matthews.

Don't know what Matthews did to upset you, but I'd recommend you give him a break. Going on about how "injury prone" he is would sound awfully foolish if you knew the entire situation.

If SJ Green is apparently available maybe we should make a play for him? Although I doubt we'd be willing to give up much with Chris Matthews likely to return soon.

I would rather have SJ Green than Chris "I'm injured again" Matthews.

Don't know what Matthews did to upset you, but I'd recommend you give him a break. Going on about how "injury prone" he is would sound awfully foolish if you knew the entire situation.

Not sure what exactly happened to Matthews but he was extremely distant from the team last year. If we do get him back I hope his attitude is 110%.