Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

No question that Dressler would be an instant upgrade for any team in the league and money talks. Ottawa is talent-starved and would have likely won as many games with DeMarco as Burris, so why would they not make a very sweet offer to Dressler and if he accepts it, cut or trade Burris to get cap room. Montreal would probably give their first-borns to get Burris who would make them an instant contender.

Demarco is out for the season with a torn acl. 

He'd be a huge acquisition for Ottawa. Give them someone to consistently throw the ball too and a deep threat. Might be able to turn that offense from putrid to average.

If you're Dressler why on earth would you choose Ottawa, a team unlikely to win another game this season?

I didn't say Dressler would choose Ottawa.  I said it'd be huge if Ottawa could get him.  I also think Dressler would make it so Ottawa could win a couple of games this season.

He'd be a huge acquisition for Ottawa. Give them someone to consistently throw the ball too and a deep threat. Might be able to turn that offense from putrid to average.

If you're Dressler why on earth would you choose Ottawa, a team unlikely to win another game this season?

rhetorical? The answer is money.

I think Ottawa has more problems than just a receiver or 2, there biggest problem is the 450,000 dollar man. Does dressler make Hank a better passer? Does he make Hank more of a leader out there? I don't see it. I'll say this right now and i'll believe it until proven otherwise, the teams that talk the most about signing players like dressler (right now it's ottawa), I don't believe them for some reason, I think the more they talk about signing him, the less likely it becomes. All i know is if i was a free agent and i could go wherever i wanted and i heard that the GM of one of the teams was on the radio going on and on and on about how they are going to sign me and how i've assured them that no teams are out of the picture, that team would be out of the picture. LOL. 

Money talks though in the CFL and the ORBS have lots to throw around.. I still don't think dressler helps them that much, maybe a bit but then teams will put their best cover guy on dressler and basically eliminate him.. The other receivers aren't good enough plus Dressler would have to learn a new offence with a new QB who quite frankly has looked like crap this entire season. 

You can blame the Ottawa  receivers but.. the real blame for most of their offensive struggles is play calling and the lack of a QB  who can actually complete passes. 

@garylawless: top-end CFL agent, not Weston Dressler's rep,believes Dressler will end up back in Regina. "Team would have to overpay by 50 K to get him."

That's why somebody should offer to overpay by $25,000. Make sure Sask doesn't get him cheap.

Of course Rider fans I'm sure assume he will sign there for the league minimum just for the honour of playing for the "best fans in the league."

@garylawless: top-end CFL agent, not Weston Dressler's rep,believes Dressler will end up back in Regina. "Team would have to overpay by 50 K to get him."

That's why somebody should offer to overpay by $25,000. Make sure Sask doesn't get him cheap.

Of course Rider fans I'm sure assume he will sign there for the league minimum just for the honour of playing for the "best fans in the league."

There's talks on Riderfans about having to overpay for him. I don't think they expect to get him cheap.

450,000 for hank, 250,000 for dressler.. Man, no wonder this team sucks.. You almost got 3/4 of a million dollars invested in 2 guys. That's crazy. 

I'm sure Walker is getting paid a decent chunk also, plus Shologan signed an extension so I bet right there.. 4 guys = 1 million bucks or more. 

I think Ottawa has more problems than just a receiver or 2, there biggest problem is the 450,000 dollar man. Does dressler make Hank a better passer? Does he make Hank more of a leader out there? I don't see it. I'll say this right now and i'll believe it until proven otherwise, the teams that talk the most about signing players like dressler (right now it's ottawa), I don't believe them for some reason, I think the more they talk about signing him, the less likely it becomes. All i know is if i was a free agent and i could go wherever i wanted and i heard that the GM of one of the teams was on the radio going on and on and on about how they are going to sign me and how i've assured them that no teams are out of the picture, that team would be out of the picture. LOL. 

Money talks though in the CFL and the ORBS have lots to throw around.. I still don't think dressler helps them that much, maybe a bit but then teams will put their best cover guy on dressler and basically eliminate him.. The other receivers aren't good enough plus Dressler would have to learn a new offence with a new QB who quite frankly has looked like crap this entire season. 

You can blame the Ottawa  receivers but.. the real blame for most of their offensive struggles is play calling and the lack of a QB  who can actually complete passes. 

How many catchable footballs has the Ottawa receiving corps dropped that were right on the money from Hank this season? Easily the worst group in the CFL. Hank has played well enough to win games. Look at what Brett Carter did 2 games ago. Made the impossible catch & then later fumbled the game away.Meanwhile his pass catching teammates were stinking the joint out the entire game. Carter was the piece de resistance or icing on the cake vs Edmonton. How is that Hank's fault? 

Yes I believe that Ottawa will offer Dressler an insane amount of money, I also believe that he'll return to the Riders on a deal which both sides are happy with.

I would take Dressler over Chris Matthews, but it's a moot point since we're never getting Dressler. Also, Matthews seems to be a guy who's a little underrated around here. If 2012 Chris Matthews walks through the door he's the best receiver on our team.