Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Yes I believe that Ottawa will offer Dressler an insane amount of money, I also believe that he'll return to the Riders on a deal which both sides are happy with.

I would take Dressler over Chris Matthews, but it's a moot point since we're never getting Dressler. Also, Matthews seems to be a guy who's a little underrated around here. If 2012 Chris Matthews walks through the door he's the best receiver on our team.

reports are his work ethic is questionable in the NFL. How "out of bed" do you think he's going to get for a fraction of that salary.

Tough decision for Dressler.  Ridiculous money vs good money and stability.  I bet he signs with the Riders.

What exactly do you mean by 'stability'?  I assume you are talking about the Riders?  If he wants stability, he'd go with Ottawa because money = stability.

No it doesn't.  Not in football.  Signing with the wrong team cut significantly shorten his career.  He's had a good thing with the Riders, with the coaching staff and administration there currently too.  Going to Ottawa would be a huge risk.

word on street is #redblacks could go as high as 250 k for Dressler. #riders don't have that cap room. if this is about cash - he could move

As in 'The rumour is'. Wouldn't mind them driving up the price to 250k for the riders.

However, if that's the case let's hope the pickers hid all the pitch forks  in Sask.

Tough decision for Dressler.  Ridiculous money vs good money and stability.  I bet he signs with the Riders.

What exactly do you mean by 'stability'?  I assume you are talking about the Riders?  If he wants stability, he'd go with Ottawa because money = stability.

No it doesn't.  Not in football.  Signing with the wrong team cut significantly shorten his career.  He's had a good thing with the Riders, with the coaching staff and administration there currently too.  Going to Ottawa would be a huge risk.

Thanks for clarifying.  Now I understand what you meant by "stability". 

word on street is #redblacks could go as high as 250 k for Dressler. #riders don't have that cap room. if this is about cash - he could move

As in 'The rumour is'. Wouldn't mind them driving up the price to 250k for the riders.

However, if that's the case let's hope the pickers hid all the pitch forks  in Sask.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walters told Lawless that just to drive the price up for the Riders. 

No question that Dressler would be an instant upgrade for any team in the league and money talks. Ottawa is talent-starved and would have likely won as many games with DeMarco as Burris, so why would they not make a very sweet offer to Dressler and if he accepts it, cut or trade Burris to get cap room. Montreal would probably give their first-borns to get Burris who would make them an instant contender.

Demarco is out for the season with a torn acl. 

Then maybe the Ottawa thinking is to trade Burris for a prospect and a salary dump.

@PentonKirk: #Bombers say Kyle Walters won't be commenting about Weston Dressler. Wade Miller said today the team has plenty of cap space.

i prefer this approach. Don't get peoples hopes us, Desjardins needs to be careful here, cuz if they don't sign dressler, he is going to look very dumb. 

@PentonKirk: #Bombers say Kyle Walters won't be commenting about Weston Dressler. Wade Miller said today the team has plenty of cap space.

i prefer this approach. Don't get peoples hopes us, Desjardins needs to be careful here, cuz if they don't sign dressler, he is going to look very dumb. 

"He is going to look very dumb." implies he already doesn't look dumb. See Burris, Henry, and comments about our team around the expansion draft, nevermind how he crapped all over himself while in Hamilton.

Wonder if money is all that matters to dressler, i wonder if the opportunity to play closer to his home in North Dakota is more appealing to him. Wonder if Drew Willy Pat Neufeld and Graig Newman makes a difference..

Wonder if IGF makes a difference, wonder if O'shea makes a difference. 

Lots to wonder about here.. If it's not all about money, not convinced that it is all about Money with him cuz he's going to be making good money regardless of where he goes...

"He is going to look very dumb." implies he already doesn't look dumb. See Burris, Henry, and comments about our team around the expansion draft, nevermind how he crapped all over himself while in Hamilton.

LOL. Good point. Should have added an er to the end of dumb then. 

What comments about the Bombers ?

That the Bombers had nothing for him to pick from and pretty much took Kohlert because the league told him he couldn't pass ?

What comments about the Bombers ?

That the Bombers had nothing for him to pick from and pretty much took Kohlert because the league told him he couldn't pass ?

Pretty much, that's a **** comment there for sure. It might have been true but... It's still a **** comment.