Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

If the Riders sign Dressler for say even 200K.....it would create a nasty ripple effect, with the guys they need to re-up, next year......

If Mo Price and Nick Moore are getting 180K, Dressler is worth 200K easy.

I don't think anyone is disputing Dressler is worth 200k.  The problem is the reported 250k the Redblacks have offered.

I think 200,000 for Dressler is fair. Dude has had five 1000 yard seasons, He's very good. I'd actually say he's the best import receiver in the CFL the last several seasons. I've always liked the  guy, was really angered to learn that he came from North Dakota and the Bombers didn't make a play for him originally. 

You know what, 200,000 base with a 50,000 signing bonus.. I'd do it.  Hell, if need be, let's make that one time signing bonus 75000. Got cap space, why not use it. 

I'm honestly thinking Winnipeg is a lot more involved in this than we're being led to believe.

based on more than a hunch?

Put it this way: if they don't get Dressler (which I don't think they're going to) it won't be because they didn't try VERY hard.

any inside info if the Bombers actually made an offer to Dressler ?

I very rarely go to Rider fans, my annoyance with them isn't just from dealing with them online. Transplanted Saskatchewan folk are very common in Calgary and in my field of employment, I have had encounters with a lot of Rider fans. Your teams fanbase is annoying as all get out and you don't need to go to Riderfans to figure it out. 

So what do you call the Rider fans you work with in Calgary? Here's my guess... "Boss?"   :)

mostly I call them *******. 

Realize, getting a bit carried away here but... Just got a question.

How good would Dressler be in Ottawa? Ottawa isn't SASK, they have no getzlaf or bagg or simon last year or fantuz prior, Dressler would be the man and the only receiver they have really, Couldn't teams just take Dressler out of the game seeing as he would have no help there at all and take their chances on the other guys who are not getting the job done?

It's a pretty valid question here because sask has had good receivers for years, Ottawa doesn't really have one receiver.. How good would he be there? 

If dressler wants to win, he probably won't go there, if he wants to be the man and be the only receiver on the team and only cares about money, he might..  But i mean, 3 guys Hank, Dressler,Shologan making probably over 1 million bucks combined. Throw in Chevon Walker and it's more.. How much is Ottawa handcuffing themselves for the future here? If it was me, I'd appreciate Ottawas offer but probably go to the team who has a better chance to compete now and in the future, Hank is 40, Demarco is done for the year, What if Hank gets injured and you got green than  goose poop O'brien playing.. Man oh man. 

I very rarely go to Rider fans, my annoyance with them isn't just from dealing with them online. Transplanted Saskatchewan folk are very common in Calgary and in my field of employment, I have had encounters with a lot of Rider fans. Your teams fanbase is annoying as all get out and you don't need to go to Riderfans to figure it out. 

Why anyone especially a Bomber fan want to post at Rider Fans is beyond me. Best to stay away & let the fan base copulate with themselves over there. 

Why anyone especially a Bomber fan want to post at Rider Fans is beyond me. Best to stay away & let the fan base copulate with themselves over there. 

gbill and Mike post there ;).

If you have a thick skin and can take the heat it's actually fun posting over there ;)

I know. That's the last place I'd ever post. The gang mentality as well as the hatred by a lot of the fans to anyone from another team is that site's big downfall. I used to post there a lot in the beginning when Chaps was the owner. But Rider Fan In Calgary owns it now & I really saw a change in the way people (other teams fans) are treated. I haven't posted there probably since 2006 or 7. And I never will again. I know Nate is over there posting away as as **** disturber & maybe that's the best place for him. 

I know. That's the last place I'd ever post. The gang mentality as well as the hatred by a lot of the fans to anyone from another team is that site's big downfall. I used to post there a lot in the beginning when Chaps was the owner. But Rider Fan In Calgary owns it now & I really saw a change in the way people (other teams fans) are treated. I haven't posted there probably since 2006 or 7. And I never will again. I know Nate is over there posting away as as **** disturber & maybe that's the best place for him.

All Nate really does over there is criticize the Bombers.

That's all he does here too. You can spot Nates bullshit anywhere no matter what name he's going by. You should see some of the crap he posts on some of the curling message boards too. 

I like Nate but if that is all he does then he can stay there.