Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

I guess the we can beat any offer the Riders will offer to Dressler and the perks that the Riders fans is offering him

... unless of course the Riders fans offers their wives, daughters and cousins to Dressler.

... unless of course the Riders fans offers their wives, daughters and cousins to Dressler.

This might work in our favor.....

$250k seems to be a ridiculously high amount for Dressler, but considering Desjardins track record, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Although I still believe Dressler will end up back in Regina.

I'd like to see Chris Matthews back as well, with coach O'shea leading the way maybe Matthews can return to his 2012 form.

This whole notion that Rider fans are somehow better or different needs to end right now. The only thing different about Rider fans is how loudly like they to boast about themselves but they're no different than any other fan base. Get a few more Al Ford type years and we'll see how strong that fan base really is. 

If you think Roughrider fans are no different than the other fanbases, then stop treating them like they're different then.

As soon as they as a group stop being insufferable douchebags I will stop treating them different. Drop the collective smugness and I won't have cause to complain. As it stands they are different, but only because they are the most annoying people in the world.

Maybe instead of constantly reading riderfans where this "arrogance" is and complaining about it, you should just stop reading their posts. Why let it bother you when none of it is happening here?

I very rarely go to Rider fans, my annoyance with them isn't just from dealing with them online. Transplanted Saskatchewan folk are very common in Calgary and in my field of employment, I have had encounters with a lot of Rider fans. Your teams fanbase is annoying as all get out and you don't need to go to Riderfans to figure it out. 

I very rarely go to Rider fans, my annoyance with them isn't just from dealing with them online. Transplanted Saskatchewan folk are very common in Calgary and in my field of employment, I have had encounters with a lot of Rider fans. Your teams fanbase is annoying as all get out and you don't need to go to Riderfans to figure it out. 

Ah, ok. That's understandable. Not something controllable then I guess.

I couldn't even go to Hawaii in February without being assailed by Riders fans on vacation with their sisters and cousins giving me heck for wearing a Bomber hat. Good grief. "Willy sucks, glad you have him now" was the constant refrain. HEE HEE HEE

$250k seems to be a ridiculously high amount for Dressler, but considering Desjardins track record, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Although I still believe Dressler will end up back in Regina.

I'd like to see Chris Matthews back as well, with coach O'shea leading the way maybe Matthews can return to his 2012 form.

It is.  If Stegall or Simon in their prime were available in 2014, they might get close to that, but Dressler is at least one tier below guys like that.

It would be an overpayment by at least 50 thou.

I'm not convinced he goes to Ottawa. All that money or not, I'm just not convinced. He probably will but, one would assume that if they offered him 250,000, he would have signed it by now... Obviously he hasn't and is thinking his options over. Maybe money isn't the be all and end all here. 250,000 is way way too much but i'm still not convinced he takes it..

40,000 more than Josh Bourke, 45000 more than chad owens... Ottawa is being crazy here, trying to win now but, it just won't happen.. Dressler or no Dressler, that Ottawa team ain't winning. 

Maybe it's just hope or a gut feeling, but.. beware of the quiet one in all this, we know sask and Ottawa are interested, we have assumed Winnipeg has interest.. Winnipeg is being the most quiet of all 3, there has to be a reason for that. Perhaps it's as simple as to not get anyones hopes up but then again, maybe it's too respect the wishes of dressler and his agent? Who knows.. Not sure i like this negotiating  through the media that Ottawa seems to be doing.

So what do you call the Rider fans you work with in Calgary? Here's my guess... "Boss?"   :)