Game Day Thread - Montreal @ Winnipeg - 7:30pm

TrueBlue

Just looking at Mtl's depth chart... they really are only a QB away from being a good team.... good o-line + Whittaker @ RB + Carter/Green/Stafford at WR could be a good offense with the right QB....

In the CFL that's like looking at the loonie in your hand and saying "I'm only $999,999 away from being a millionaire"...

Montreal is proof positive that the only things that really matter in the CFL are coaching and quarterbacking. 

Why does the combo of two horrible ex-bomber QBs make me nervous??

If Alex Brink makes you nervous, perhaps you should see a physician.

Two?  Who's the other one?

Mr. Wolf Eyes

Sorry, I thought he was talking about an active QB, not the OC.

I'm curious to see if Etch can make the adjustment in his scheme to stop the run. The Als' pass game is dreadful so stop the run and stopmthe Alouette offence. The defence for Montreal is still a pretty formidable group and they have an excellent coordinator with Thorpe.

Our run defense has a hard time with Big powerful backs. We've been able to control the small shifty ones.

Does anyone think that we lose this game by any means aside from Montreal running and dinking and dunking the ball on us?

We could lose on turnovers.

or by ineffective offense which means that it just takes one big play from the Montreal offense to turn the game. There are lots of ways to lose a game in the CFL. No team is a free space no matter how terrible they are. 

I think outside of a qb, montreal is a good team, however with that being said, they are also a veteran team, They aren't getting any younger... 

They are almost like the San Jose Sharks of the NHL, veteran team who has a small window to win still, but soon will have to go through a rebuild.

Only difference with the Sharks is montreal has won a couple cups the last few years, but.... older team starting to show some signs of their age IMO. 

Still have to disagree with those on the reason we lost to Sask. - I still say it was because of the turnover stat. 5-0

You have every right to disagree but I believe at least 2 and maybe 3 of those turnovers were the direct result of Stublejumper pressure, and their running game denied the Bomber offense any chance to close the game out. If we'd had a decent running game, we could have not needed to try high-risk passes and kept the opposing offenses off the field.

Still have to disagree with those on the reason we lost to Sask. - I still say it was because of the turnover stat. 5-0

You have every right to disagree but I believe at least 2 and maybe 3 of those turnovers were the direct result of Stublejumper pressure, and their running game denied the Bomber offense any chance to close the game out. If we'd had a decent running game, we could have not needed to try high-risk passes and kept the opposing offenses off the field.

Nothing quite like a pick 6 with under 2 1/2 minutes to go, on a bad read/play call, to virtually hand the game over.

Sask. did nothing outside of 4 points with that mighty run offence you keep mentioning.

We didn't have a run game, they didn't have a pass game, and yet our offence scored.

Go figure.