Game Day Thread - Montreal @ Winnipeg - 7:30pm

TrueBlue

Fully expect the D to come out with their asses on fire. If the offense can somehow get back on track, I think we'll be alright tonight. Definitely not a cake-walk game, especially considering how our Run D has been, and the fact that Whitaker has been very good this year. 

Don't forget to join us in the chat room tonight during the game....GO BLUE!! #GameDayWeAllPlay

I'm curious to see if Etch can make the adjustment in his scheme to stop the run. The Als' pass game is dreadful so stop the run and stopmthe Alouette offence. The defence for Montreal is still a pretty formidable group and they have an excellent coordinator with Thorpe.

I feel we lost the Toronto game because we never had the time to rest and adjust after the game against the melon heads. Our house, our refs, it's payback time! 

Have to disagree with you on this one. We lost to both Sask and Toronto for the same reasons: Willy was under pressure all night, we couldn't stop the run when it mattered and we couldn't run the ball to save our lives.

Expect Montreal to follow the same game plan that the Roughies and Boatmen used, and if Bowman has the same success as Chick did, we're in big trouble in this game.

If Montreal wins, they have a chance to both save Higgins' job and the season. If we lose, the next time we look up we could be on a six game losing streak and seeing the playoffs disappearing in the distance. Confidence is a fragile thing sometimes and if the Bombers don't win convincingly tonight, its gonna be a long season from here on in and we could be 7 and 11 at the end.

Fully expect the D to come out with their asses on fire. If the offense can somehow get back on track, I think we'll be alright tonight. Definitely not a cake-walk game, especially considering how our Run D has been, and the fact that Whitaker has been very good this year. 

Don't forget to join us in the chat room tonight during the game....GO BLUE!! #GameDayWeAllPlay

Don't forget to join us in the chat room tonight

Will I be able to get in and stay in?

btw ... why am I not being allowed to use the "full editor" when I press that button?

I feel we lost the Toronto game because we never had the time to rest and adjust after the game against the melon heads. Our house, our refs, it's payback time! 

Have to disagree with you on this one. We lost to both Sask and Toronto for the same reasons: Willy was under pressure all night, we couldn't stop the run when it mattered and we couldn't run the ball to save our lives.

Expect Montreal to follow the same game plan that the Roughies and Boatmen used, and if Bowman has the same success as Chick did, we're in big trouble in this game.

If Montreal wins, they have a chance to both save Higgins' job and the season. If we lose, the next time we look up we could be on a six game losing streak and seeing the playoffs disappearing in the distance. Confidence is a fragile thing sometimes and if the Bombers don't win convincingly tonight, its gonna be a long season from here on in and we could be 7 and 11 at the end.

I agree with you we lost both games for the same reason. What I was trying to say is we never had the time to correct what we were doing wrong.  Tonight will be just like the old days Radio only.  We'll have to say away from the straight back drops and use the space vacated by Bowman. Cox wasn't that prominent last week. 

Tonight's game is a should win.  We are the better team in the standings and on the field.  Montreal only scores about 8 points a game on the road.  Even with Willy under siege, we should be able to put up more than 8 points.

Still... Montreal has a very good defence that gets after the QB with the front 4.  They should be able to shut down our run because everyone can and get lots of pressure.  If they can force a few turnovers, they can keep the score close and maybe even pull off a win.  Their offense isn't much to watch, but Whittaker could have a big night and  they could own the TOP.  If they can complete a few deep balls, they could steal a game.

I'm expecting a close game without much scoring and the Bombers pulling out a win.

under pressure and in second and long.

Tonight's game is a should win.  We are the better team in the standings and on the field.  Montreal only scores about 8 points a game on the road.  Even with Willy under siege, we should be able to put up more than 8 points.

Still... Montreal has a very good defence that gets after the QB with the front 4.  They should be able to shut down our run because everyone can and get lots of pressure.  If they can force a few turnovers, they can keep the score close and maybe even pull off a win.  Their offense isn't much to watch, but Whittaker could have a big night and  they could own the TOP.  If they can complete a few deep balls, they could steal a game.

I'm expecting a close game without much scoring and the Bombers pulling out a win.

"If they can complete a few deep balls" ... my observation is that Brink is an inaccurate deep ball thrower ... just hucks it down there and hopes for the best

Tonight will show whether we have a real ball club or not with both heart and skill (in spite of all our inadequacies)

Just looking at Mtl's depth chart... they really are only a QB away from being a good team.... good o-line + Whittaker @ RB + Carter/Green/Stafford at WR could be a good offense with the right QB....

In the CFL that's like looking at the loonie in your hand and saying "I'm only $999,999 away from being a millionaire"...