Dear Etch

Dear Etch,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitz_(gridiron_football)

In American football or Canadian football, a blitz is when additional players are sent to "rush the quarterback"—that is, try to tackle the quarterback or disrupt hispass attempt. The term is borrowed from the Blitzkrieg, the German strategy of "Lightning War" employed during World War II. Like the Blitzkrieg, the blitz is a concentration of force at high speed to force a breakthrough and proceed without regard to the flanks.

Sincerely,

Blue Bomber Fans

Defense looked horrible in 1st quarter and then locked it down.

He made adjustmens and only allowed 5 points the rest of the game?

Amazing to see the bombers make adjustments quickly, and keep working to come back and win. Never looked out of it.

And holy, our offence looks like a top 3 offence. Moving the ball at will most times. Long drives, clutch catches. Kelly is clutch. Where are the haters? :$

Ottawa came out prepared and motivated after the bye week. They had two weeks to plan out their first 10-20 plays. No wounder they executed and looked good along the way. But as the game progressed the Bombers stopped the ground game, and limited the damage from Burris. So far Willy has out dueled argueably two of the most prolific quarterbacks in the CFL in Burris and Ray and I think Etch should get some credit for that. Like ISO and Adrenaline_x were saying.. After allowing 21 points on the first three drives we limited the damage from Burris and only allowed 7 points (3,3,1) in the last three quarters. Not a bad effort at all!

Felt like Etch settled into a more conventional D for the last 3 quarters...

Guessing the lack of game film lead to the defense not being prepared to react. Then boom. The d brought the lumber

cEuYL.gif

Its like you put Etch's playbook into a gif...  don't let the Als see this.

Funny I was howling about the same thing during the opening 2 quarters.   Think the Ottawa O kinda tanked on its own here, as opposed to Etch's adjustments or whatever.  They had some misfires and dropped balls that led to empty drives, but I will take that.

We can't keep digging ourselves in holes like that though the rest of the way.

Funny I was howling about the same thing during the opening 2 quarters.   Think the Ottawa O kinda tanked on its own here, as opposed to Etch's adjustments or whatever.  They had some misfires and dropped balls that led to empty drives, but I will take that.

Remember the last 2 years???

The first quarter the guys were completely out of place. Just really bad formations and lots of chasing the guys even before the snap.

In the last three quarters they actually played a bit of man and forced Henry to not dink and dunk.

was a little concerned after the first but then remembered that ottawa hasn't played a game yet. Bombers D locked it down the rest of the way though big time. 21 points scored in the first quarter then 7 after, D played well.

Dear Etch

Thank you. 

I absolutely loved the way the defense adjusted last night.... they came out flat and were unsure how to handle a team they'd never seen on film.... after the first quarter the D made some adjustments and completely shut down Hank letting 3 FGs (one missed) the rest of the way.... IMO that's the least prepared we will see this team to start a game all year...

It's telling how adaptable these guys are in that from the end of the second onward .. they allowed 7 points .. part coaching .. part players waking up from the nap they were taking .. either way .. the resiliency shown last night was night and day compared to *ANYTHING* we saw last year.

When they had 21 on the board in the first 3 possessions, I said "This is a direct result of having no film on these guys"...so they were forced to adjust as they went...same story on O. But a tip of the cap to both co-ordinators who have the smarts to recognize what they're seeing, and adjust FAST. I doubt we have this problem with Montreal next week...

It was scary how easy Ottawa moved in the first.

Not really .. it was disappointing but when you consider that the Ottawa coaching staff has basically had a training camp .. bye week and this week to prep for their first opponent .. script their first 20 plays or so .. I should damn well hope they could move the ball effectively .. I think more questions might have been raised if they couldn't.