McManus supposedly a Drew Willy supporter

Mr. Perfect

Everyone gets ramped up about QB salaries. The challenge of affording more than One potential starting QB is NOT the total projected cost if each of them starting it is the ACTUAL cost of your starter. What determines that? A few factors. Firstly how much of the money each or all received as a signing bonus. That becomes a fixed cost. Next factor in each of their base salaries, as long as they are on the active roster that is a fixed cost. The critical variable costs then become largely playtime bonuses, starting bonuses and then bonuses for yardage, TDs, completion percentages etc. those are your variable costs. You can then assume that the variable costs can basically be obtained by one QB at a time.

Ideally having largely incentive based QBs controls your overall QB costs. The risk is when you give up too much in signing money to more than one QB, and their combined base amounts are too high.

Again, since you can't read very well, where did I say we won't be able to add pieces - it was posed as a hypothetical - NOT stated as a fact that we wouldn't be able to.

Why does Burris have to come at a discounted price? Because you say so? You really don't pay attention very well do you? Our offer to Collaros was in the neighborhood of $250,000 - If you don't think Burris is getting offered AT LEAST this much you are out to lunch. Again as i said, reports have said he has offers exceeding $300,000 dollars. That is not a discount rate - That is what someone like Burris should command on the open market. Burris is in the position of power here, we are not. He may come here at the end of the day, but in no way, shape, or form will it be at a discounted rate.

Winnipeg is not his only chance to start. He'll start in Montreal and he'll start in Edmonton as well. He isn't being pursued by others to sit on the bench. That statement of yours in itself saying Winnipeg is his only chance to start shows exactly how out to lunch you are. Both of those teams have made offers, that's been reported. It's also been reported there are people within the Eskimos organization who are not sold on Reilly. You don't have MULTIPLE offers exceeding $300,000 to sit on the bench. Period.

I'll also bring to your attention the following tweet from Milt Stegall, who just maybe has a better grasp on the team than you do given his connections to the club...

"Milt Stegall @MiltStegallTSN Jan 31

@DoorMatt95 @24banks @henryburris @Wpg_BlueBombers after signing Korey and Henry I don't think much money is left"

If that is so difficult to comprehend, then i don't know what to say for you, and feel rather sorry for you.

First of all, what does Milt Stegal know about our books? the answer is as much as you and I. If we are in a position where we're struggling cap wise after we let go of Jovon and Stewart, and trading Poblah (who apparently had a 6 figure salary), and Sign Henoc and Burris, then It's time to let go of some more guys who are making to much cash. This team is far to shitty to be exceeding the cap just because we have signed one QB and traded for a DB.

I'm pretty sure though that Jovon was the highest paid DB in the league, Or one of them... so signing Banks and letting go of Jovon should open up space for us and give us a talent upgrade.

IMO, we should be in a position to sign Burris, Willy and still make a serious play for a guy like Ted Laurent.

We only have 3 Canadian surefire starters under contract for 2014 (Watson, Greaves, Morley).  Scary, isn't it?  If we don't have tons of money to spend, that is gross mismanagement of the roster.  Most teams have 7-10 Canadians who can start and that's where you should be dropping the bulk of your cash... a QB and your top Canadians.  Paying good money for Henry Burris should have zero impact on our ability to sign free agents.

Lol yes because Walters would tell Stegall who is friends with Burris and lots of the free agents exactly how much free cash the team has to spend LOL!! 

You also didn't respond to my examples with Calgary and Saskatchewan who were able to sign loads of big contract players.  

If Edmonton isn't sold on Reilly then why not trade for him, he showed more then enough that he can play in this league and I would way rather have Reilly then Burris. 

For Montreal, why would they re sign Troy Smith at a bigger contract?  In your world how would they possibly be able to afford Burris at 300 000+ with all those big contract talented guys on the Als.    

With other guys saying that Burris is a big baby (probably true) why in the world would he sign in Montreal when clearly they want to go with Smith in the future?

Look at Saskatchewan...  all last year, we had to listen to guys **** about how Taman was spending recklessly and overpaying - they don't seem to have ended up over the cap.  I would expect Durant and Burris' contracts to be pretty close - at least, I hope we're not paying Burris more than Durant...

We're just so used to having the cheapest QB in the league that everyone thinks the sky will fall if we actually pay a real salary.

How was Collaros plan a when this sight continues to now say O'Shea wasn't high on him and McManus thinks Willy is a better QB? Doesn't fit.

The truth is, nobody except management actually knows what the Plan A truly would have been if all players 3 players had hit free agency at the same time.  We only assume Collaros was Plan A because he was the first one available.

he was offered legit starter money. he was plan A.

The truth is, nobody except management actually knows what the Plan A truly would have been if all players 3 players had hit free agency at the same time.  We only assume Collaros was Plan A because he was the first one available.

Legit starter money still doesn't address what TrueBlue was alluding to, because all facets weren't in play at the same time.

How was Collaros plan a when this sight continues to now say O'Shea wasn't high on him and McManus thinks Willy is a better QB? Doesn't fit.

The truth is, nobody except management actually knows what the Plan A truly would have been if all players 3 players had hit free agency at the same time. We only assume Collaros was Plan A because he was the first one available.

thats not what Penton said. Call it spin, but WBB apparently didnt offer huge money to ZC because HB became their so called Plan A.

Burris looking for MORE money than he was making in Hamilton. So much for a "discounted price"....

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/burris-shopping-for-raise-agent-243172971.html

And the Bombers offer to Collaros was around 250 K

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/spurned-blue-shift-focus-to-aging-burris-242888141.html

And once again the fans think we can only afford one player in free agency....

Says who? Or are you just assuming and making things up on the fly again?

Says you!! You wrote - > Again, I'm aware of that, but I think it would be a shame if bickering with Henry over X amount of dollars ends up costing us someone like Henoc.

I find your posts to be far from Perfect.... I'd say you're more Brooklyn Brawler with the continuous fails that you make.

So this team now has 3 qbs under contract... none of them are making "big money" .... They offered Collaros more money then Hamilton ..... so for some reason you don't think they cant use that same "pot" of money to put towards Burris???? This team is loaded with young guys are very few "big time all stars" so how is it that a team like Calgary can afford to re-sign Tate and Mitchell and sign a cfl vet for a 3rd stringer and yet still be able to pay big money for their all stars like Cornish , Lewis and so many others...... yet Winnipeg wouldn't be able to sign Burris (at a discounted price) and Muamba???

I love how Winnipeg's salary cap is apparently only 20% the size of every other teams.....

Having the right mindset isn't always the popular mindset.

Now, coming from a guy who was serious about inquiring about Steven Jyles last year...pot meet kettle.

Someone like Henoc is an EXAMPLE hence why I said "someone like". The cap will go up, and probably a decent amount because of the new TV deal. The fact is, is that guys like (but not limited to) Turner, Vega, Edwards, Banks, January, Henoc (if he signs) all get paid handsomely. If the team decides to pursue top tier free agents from other teams they will also get paid handsomely. If you think Burris is coming here at a discounted price, you are kidding yourself since there have been reports he has offers in excess of $300,000. Granted that's fair market value for him, and that price will continue to climb as teams continue to negotiate. You're kidding yourself, and frankly making a fool out of yourself (again) if you think Burris is coming here at a discounted price.

I never once said Burris signing here would cost us Muamba. I suggested as a hypothetical (that isn't too big of a word for you is it?) that it would be a shame if a band-aid solution in Burris ended up costing us "someone like" Muamba.

But hey, keep making yourself look silly, I'm certainly not going to stop you.

Once again how does every other team manage to sign free agents while having a high priced qb and lots of other all stars on their team...... you are making yourself look silly.

Burris has to come at a discounted price.... using your ridiculous theory how could any other club in the CFL "afford" Burris at a high price when they already have a QB on their team making big money.

Discounted price is still higher then what Hall or Pierce was making last season... but it's not like he is going to be making the most money in the league considering he was dumped and his *only* chance at starting is with Winnipeg.

Turner, Vega, Edwards, Banks, January, Henoc ????

How did Saskatchewan manage with Durant, Sheets, Dressler, Getzlaf, Geroy Simon, Labatte, Picard, Chick , Foley, Hall etc....

How did Calgary afford Glenn, Tate, Mitchell, Cornish, Lewis, Hughes, Simpson, Tsoumpas etc...

But apparently from your theory us signing a bunch of average guys equals us not being able to sign both a QB and one NI LB.... it's hilarious. This team *should* be able to sign a whole crap load of players considering we were the youngest team and we by far had the cheapest set of QB's across the league last year. So many guys on entry level contracts and so few big time players.

Again, since you can't read very well, where did I say we won't be able to add pieces - it was posed as a hypothetical - NOT stated as a fact that we wouldn't be able to.

Why does Burris have to come at a discounted price? Because you say so? You really don't pay attention very well do you? Our offer to Collaros was in the neighborhood of $250,000 - If you don't think Burris is getting offered AT LEAST this much you are out to lunch. Again as i said, reports have said he has offers exceeding $300,000 dollars. That is not a discount rate - That is what someone like Burris should command on the open market. Burris is in the position of power here, we are not. He may come here at the end of the day, but in no way, shape, or form will it be at a discounted rate.

Winnipeg is not his only chance to start. He'll start in Montreal and he'll start in Edmonton as well. He isn't being pursued by others to sit on the bench. That statement of yours in itself saying Winnipeg is his only chance to start shows exactly how out to lunch you are. Both of those teams have made offers, that's been reported. It's also been reported there are people within the Eskimos organization who are not sold on Reilly. You don't have MULTIPLE offers exceeding $300,000 to sit on the bench. Period.

I'll also bring to your attention the following tweet from Milt Stegall, who just maybe has a better grasp on the team than you do given his connections to the club...

"Milt Stegall ‏@MiltStegallTSN Jan 31

@DoorMatt95 @24banks @henryburris @Wpg_BlueBombers after signing Korey and Henry I don't think much money is left"

If that is so difficult to comprehend, then i don't know what to say for you, and feel rather sorry for you.

That tweet was a joke, he was answering a joke about him coming out of retirement.

We only have 3 Canadian surefire starters under contract for 2014 (Watson, Greaves, Morley).  Scary, isn't it?  If we don't have tons of money to spend, that is gross mismanagement of the roster.  Most teams have 7-10 Canadians who can start and that's where you should be dropping the bulk of your cash... a QB and your top Canadians.  Paying good money for Henry Burris should have zero impact on our ability to sign free agents.

The scariest part is considering Steve Morley a ''surefire starter''.

Look at Saskatchewan... all last year, we had to listen to guys **** about how Taman was spending recklessly and overpaying - they don't seem to have ended up over the cap.

How do you know they didn't exceed the cap. The announcement isn't made until late March or April.

I said 'seem'.  Have some tea and chill out.

Look at Saskatchewan... all last year, we had to listen to guys **** about how Taman was spending recklessly and overpaying - they don't seem to have ended up over the cap.

How do you know they didn't exceed the cap. The announcement isn't made until late March or April.

I said 'seem'.  Have some tea and chill out.

That would have to be iced tea.

How do you get guys to sign for less money? Easy it's Feb. and a lot of these guys don't have a pot to prissiness at this time of year. So the solution is a signing bonus now for less Monet later. This especially works for imports that get a preferred tax rate of 15% off of signing bonus money versus their regular tax rate. This is not without risk as this is money out the door unless he is a guaranteed starter or you risk it as lost Cap money. Pay now and pay less later.

Every team does it. It doesn't always work and becomes a serious problems when you get guys like Mike Kelly coming in and dumping a lot of guys that were front end loaded. Ideally you sign guys before Dec 31st and use that extra cap space from the previous season. Then it doesn't impact the current year....especially if you end up dropping the guy for some reason.