McManus supposedly a Drew Willy supporter

Mr. Perfect

From Paul Wiecek's article in the Free Press this morning 

"The other quarterback option on the table for the Bombers right now is Drew Willy, who the Saskatchewan Roughriders have soured on and are not expected to offer a contract extension in advance of free agency.

Sources say McManus is a big supporter of the Saskatchewan backup, believing him to be more physically gifted than Collaros and a more "pure" quarterback, even though Willy is mostly untested in his pro career."

Full article can be seen here.

I've been really big on that kid since last summer. I have way more faith in him than Collaros, to be honest. I'm no Burris fan, not by a long shot, but having Burris (for a stop gap) and Willy and Hall, would easily be our best stable in a long LONG time...going back to maybe McManus' playing time in Wpg...

This is why you hire guys like Danny Mac, for their expert opinion.  You trust it and you make decisions based on it.  if this is true (and there were rumours O'Shea wasn't as high on Collaros as some people) I'd suspect we see Willy in Blue & Gold as soon as possible.

Sun Headline: Willy Wrapped Up

I've been really big on that kid since last summer. I have way more faith in him than Collaros, to be honest. I'm no Burris fan, not by a long shot, but having Burris (for a stop gap) and Willy and Hall, would easily be our best stable in a long LONG time...going back to maybe McManus' playing time in Wpg...

Agreed fully.

This is why you hire guys like Danny Mac, for their expert opinion.  You trust it and you make decisions based on it.  if this is true (and there were rumours O'Shea wasn't as high on Collaros as some people) I'd suspect we see Willy in Blue & Gold as soon as possible.

Sun Headline: Willy Wrapped Up

Big Willy Signing?

Why is people jump from player to player as if they become the Ben & Jerry's flavour of the day? You better hope that management has a more tempered plan with a solid contingency if things don't work out. The knee jerk reactionary. Impulse nature of fans better not migrate into the strategy of team management. Zac didn't work out and all of a sudden , he wasn't good enough or so and so didn't like him any way. Then it's Hank's turn and then it may become Willy's turn to be the favourite son....for a minute. Stop falling in love and getting your hard broken. It is time to see if it fact this team has a management plan and if they can follow through.

Why is people jump from player to player as if they become the Ben & Jerry's flavour of the day? You better hope that management has a more tempered plan with a solid contingency if things don't work out. The knee jerk reactionary. Impulse nature of fans better not migrate into the strategy of team management. Zac didn't work out and all of a sudden , he wasn't good enough or so and so didn't like him any way. Then it's Hank's turn and then it may become Willy's turn to be the favourite son....for a minute. Stop falling in love and getting your hard broken. It is time to see if it fact this team has a management plan and if they can follow through.

Awesome.  Especially in a Willy thread.

It's called having backup plans. Collaros was plan A. Burris plan B and Willy plan C.

How was Collaros plan a when this sight continues to now say O'Shea wasn't high on him and McManus thinks Willy is a better QB? Doesn't fit.

The truth is, nobody except management actually knows what the Plan A truly would have been if all players 3 players had hit free agency at the same time.  We only assume Collaros was Plan A because he was the first one available.

How was Collaros plan a when this sight continues to now say O'Shea wasn't high on him and McManus thinks Willy is a better QB? Doesn't fit.

information that was not available or known before.  The Hank interest and rumours of O'Shea maybe not being as high on Collaros just started coming out recently.  Danny Mac's opinion just came out, what, today?  Opinions change.

some people I can vouch for as preferring Willy all along, Noeller for one was adamant all the way that he preferred Willy over Collaros, I have no doubts that a lot of people preferred Burris over all of them because he was a veteran. Different people want different things. I myself just want anyone but Burris. 

I'd prefer us not to bring in Willy (if/when that happens I suppose), just don't see what others see. Collaros had that "it" factor, so the hype made sense to a degree, the hype around here currently being built up for Willy makes no sense at all.

I dunno, doesn't look too bad:

PASSING
  Completions   Touchdowns Interceptions   Name
Yearsort.png

Team Comp Att % Yards Long TD % Ints % Rating 

WILLY, D 2012 SSK 69 95 72.6 709 43 5 5.3 4 4.2 93.7

WILLY, D 2013 SSK 32 52 61.5 473 45 4 7.7 1 1.92 108.9

Career Total 101 147 68.7 1,182 45 9 6.1 5 3.4 99.1

RUSHING
Name
Yearsort.png

Team Att Yards Avg Long TD